Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread - Page 145

post #1441 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCookR1 View Post

This is exact prime example why I told people to not ask. But since we are starting to derail the point, why are you even suggesting? the question wasn't to you.

Because I read your weird question and just couldn't figure why you are wasting your time. If it upset you that much then I guess bohoo.
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1442 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

Because I read your weird question and just couldn't figure why you are wasting your time. If it upset you that much then I guess bohoo.
I'm sorry for coming out rude, I guess Its not a good start for a new user but I'm sick of having the same scenario every time I ask that question.

And there is nothing weird on that question, I put a source of from where I base my question(s). My guess is you chose to not read it?
post #1443 of 5770
Isn't it possible to underclock just as easily with a non K CPU as a K version regardless of chipset? I'm sure your seeing resistance to your question because people know that you don't need a K series processor if you aren't going to overclock.
post #1444 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by diatribe View Post

Isn't it possible to underclock just as easily with a non K CPU as a K version regardless of chipset? I'm sure your seeing resistance to your question because people know that you don't need a K series processor if you aren't going to overclock.
Are you sure about that? have you had first hand experience and can confirm that is the case? because I have had a different impression.
post #1445 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCookR1 View Post

Are you sure about that? have you had first hand experience and can confirm that is the case? because I have had a different impression.

Enable Intel Speedstep and C states in the BIOS then reduce the maximum power state in Windows advanced power settings.
post #1446 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by oparr View Post

Enable Intel Speedstep and C states in the BIOS then reduce the maximum power state in Windows advanced power settings.
Thank you, but I'm aware of those Windows (via Software) and BIOS solutions to try to "emulate" the same effect of underclocking, but I don't want that, I want to be able to tweak voltage and multiplier as I please, (I'm fine if is only under the base clock). As far as I know it is only possible on Z-chipset boards but given that you currently can change multiplier/voltage using a H97, H87, B85... etc, specially on ASUS and AsRock (i think) motherboards, all I want to know if that is possible on H chipset for Skylake CPUs? if Raja confirm me this is not a feature on the newer 100-chipset, fine I'd go with Z170 chipset. After all all I want it is for underclocking.

Again, @thread, I'm NOT:
- Asking an advice of which CPU should I get, thank you.
- Asking for a hack to emulate undeclocking, thank you.
- Answering futher questions of why I bought a multiplier unlocked chip to not overclock.

See? this is already a huge off-topic, and I'm sorry for that.
post #1447 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCookR1 View Post

Thank you, but I'm aware of those Windows (via Software) and BIOS solutions to try to "emulate" the same effect of underclocking, but I don't want that, I want to be able to tweak voltage and multiplier as I please, (I'm fine if is only under the base clock). As far as I know it is only possible on Z-chipset boards but given that you currently can change multiplier/voltage using a H97, H87, B85... etc, specially on ASUS and AsRock (i think) motherboards, all I want to know if that is possible on H chipset for Skylake CPUs? if Raja confirm me this is not a feature on the newer 100-chipset, fine I'd go with Z170 chipset. After all all I want it is for underclocking.

Again, @thread, I'm NOT:
- Asking an advice of which CPU should I get, thank you.
- Asking for a hack to emulate undeclocking, thank you.
- Answering futher questions of why I bought a multiplier unlocked chip to not overclock.

See? this is already a huge off-topic, and I'm sorry for that.

I didn't give you a hack to emulate underclocking. I gave you a means to underclock using the OS. Very useful if you're producing say a spreadsheet of underclocked CPU frequency vs benchmark results in the same OS. Heck, one doesn't even have to restart the OS after each underclocked frequency change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underclocking

"Underclocking, also known as downclocking, is modifying a computer or electronic circuit's timing settings to run at a lower clock rate than is specified."

NEXT TIME BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!!!!!
post #1448 of 5770
Quote:
Originally Posted by oparr View Post

I didn't give you a hack to emulate underclocking. I gave you a means to underclock using the OS. Very useful if you're producing say a spreadsheet of underclocked CPU frequency vs benchmark results in the same OS. Heck, one doesn't even have to restart the OS after each underclocked frequency change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underclocking

"Underclocking, also known as downclocking, is modifying a computer or electronic circuit's timing settings to run at a lower clock rate than is specified."

NEXT TIME BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!!!!!
You are right, I didn't worded my point correctly. What I meant I don't want to do it via windows, I want to have control myself of the clocks and voltage. Plus, I don't think I needed to be more specific since I've been stating since the beginning that I wanted to it via direct control of multiplier.
Edited by MattCookR1 - 10/4/15 at 4:00pm
post #1449 of 5770
Hello

Can we get back to the topic of this thread? Discussion of Z170 based boards. Thank you.
post #1450 of 5770
Sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread