Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread - Page 203

post #2021 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

What is the qcode being displayed at no POST? This sounds potentially like a misconfiguration issue

Ok I finally got into the UEFI briefly before it froze while in Adaptive mode and I think I found the issue. It's only setting voltage at idle of 1.040v. At stock it was 1.297. So the low voltage is not allowing Windows to boot and is causing the UEFI to freeze up right after getting into it. This is all happening with a final CPU Turbo voltage of 1.4v set in the Adaptive mode (no I didn't misplace the decimal to 1.04v) So what I need to know is how to increase the voltage at idle while in Adaptive mode to allow me to boot. Could it because I have SVID disabled? It says to disable for overclocking.
post #2022 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by llantant View Post

Hey guys.

When updating a bios is there an easier way to save overclock settings so I do not have to re-enter everything?

I usually just do a bunch of print screens as that backup setting doesnt seem to work if I upgrade bios.

Just wondering if theres an easier way I am missing.

Save your settings to a usb stick and then after a update restore your settings.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They are saved in the form of a .cmo file just find where you want to save the file and hit f2 its pretty straight forward.
Edited by JySzE - 11/12/15 at 12:34am
post #2023 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by llantant View Post

Hey guys.

When updating a bios is there an easier way to save overclock settings so I do not have to re-enter everything?

I usually just do a bunch of print screens as that backup setting doesnt seem to work if I upgrade bios.

Just wondering if theres an easier way I am missing.

nope ... since UEFI does not allow loading overclocking profiles from different Bios Versions.

they only thing you could do: save your overclock settings/voltages with Ai Suite and load them when have booted OS.

i wish it would be possible to load OC profiles which have been adjusted in OS for stability into UEFI.

i remember Gigabyte hat a tool called Touch Bios for 1155 Boards which let you change Bios settings from OS ... that was really usefull.

Hello ASUS do your read me ?

I want something like that for my Asus Maximuss Hero VIII ... just as much as a tool which is capable of changing memory settings/timings under OS.
post #2024 of 5773
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drop24 View Post

Ok I finally got into the UEFI briefly before it froze while in Adaptive mode and I think I found the issue. It's only setting voltage at idle of 1.040v. At stock it was 1.297. So the low voltage is not allowing Windows to boot and is causing the UEFI to freeze up right after getting into it. This is all happening with a final CPU Turbo voltage of 1.4v set in the Adaptive mode (no I didn't misplace the decimal to 1.04v) So what I need to know is how to increase the voltage at idle while in Adaptive mode to allow me to boot. Could it because I have SVID disabled? It says to disable for overclocking.


Load defaults, do not change anything but the final adaptive voltage to 1.40V, and then try again.
post #2025 of 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post

Load defaults, do not change anything but the final adaptive voltage to 1.40V, and then try again.

Ok Windows booted and I saw in Hwinfo64 that Vcore was 1.152v and that VID was on (default setting Auto). Windows crashed when I tried to open OCCT.
post #2026 of 5773
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drop24 View Post

Ok Windows booted and I saw in Hwinfo64 that Vcore was 1.152v and that VID was on (default setting Auto). Windows crashed when I tried to open OCCT.

With adaptive, the voltage will vary according to load. Might need to show screenshots of how you are applying adaptive. Also am assuming that nothing else was changed by you as per previous instructions.
post #2027 of 5773
I put Windows into Balanced power settings mode and am able to run OCCT fine now. Vcore hits 1.2 underload. So you're saying SVID setting has to remain in Auto while using Adaptive mode? Is that safe for overclocking?
post #2028 of 5773
Thread Starter 
Under full load, if you set 1.40V for Adaptive, that is what it should be - unless the monitoring or your settings are off. Leave SVID enabled (leave the setting alone) for adaptive.
post #2029 of 5773
Ok I was able to get it to draw 1.4v by upping the multiplier to 44x. The other settings I wanted to ask you about for Adaptive mode are:

Ai Overclock Tuner: Auto or Manual?

ASUS MultiCore Enhancement: Auto or Disabled?

And what about LLC? Does that need to be left if Auto for Adaptive mode?
post #2030 of 5773
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drop24 View Post

Ok I was able to get it to draw 1.4v by upping the multiplier to 44x. The other settings I wanted to ask you about for Adaptive mode are:

Ai Overclock Tuner: Auto or Manual?

ASUS MultiCore Enhancement: Auto or Disabled?

And what about LLC? Does that need to be left if Auto for Adaptive mode?

Show me how you are setting adaptive, want to see before I answer anything else.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS North America - ASUS Z170 Motherboards Q&A Thread