Originally Posted by Deders
What USB devices do you have plugged in?
If it's really bugging you, you could try different combination of hardware and see if that affects it. maybe monitoring the Q-codes.
Oh no, too much work! I had surprisingly many issues with my rig and I have finally managed to solve all of them (or am ready to ignore in certain cases). If drive startup issues reappear, I might. In order of appearence:
- raid sync issues months ago - hard drive with read error during smart test
- hard locks after 3-5 min idle - ASPM for PCH side of DMI link set (still in contact with ASUS support on that; bios/hardware?)
- rare blackouts during gaming (2 in 5 months) - gpu on just one PSU rail?
- sometimes on cpu/ram load display won't resume - drivers failing when low on ram?
- eventual hard lock on moderate load - instable ram
- raid sync lost on startup - fast boot not working properly?
- hard drive startup issues - 3 drives attached to one Sata power cable?
I will retire now.
USB devices, for what its worth:
- 2x Oculus Rift DK2 (Rift Sensors, IR Camera)
- USB hub from display
- Logitech G35 headset
- Roccat Kone Pure mouse
- Roccat Isku FX keyboard
@all: Thanks for your great help, and for being understanding and patient with me being a PITA sometimes!