Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Owner's thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Owner's thread - Page 7

post #61 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuey5 View Post

have you tried removing partition and then recreate the partition and then retry bitlocker?

Yup I did I even did a clean windows install and it still gives me an error when I try to re-enable it. It was working fine before the bios update..I may need to roll back.
post #62 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuey5 View Post

One of the m.2 guides from a system builder they had a table on mb tested with the samsung x941 and for Z9PE-D8 they say NO BOOT
I wonder if thats the case with Z10PE-D8 WS???

Its funny that under the Z10PE-D16 WS
All the m.2 cards are Type B+M (M.2 Devices)
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2011-R3/Z10PE-D16_WS/QVL/Z10PE-D16_WS_device_1401030.pdf


under the Z10PE-D8 WS
All the m.2 cards are Type B+M (M.2 SATA SSD Devices) or Type M (M.2 PCIe SSD Devices)
They don't say which are bootable??
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket2011-R3/Z10PE-D8_WS/QVL/Z10PE-D8_WS_device_QVL__150107.pdf

They do need to post a better list as well as explain which are bootable

Their list for gpu does not appear to list like a GTS960 970 980
they list Fire Pro, GPU Processors HPC, NVidia Quattro, K Cards, Tesla

I have the Samsung XP941 (MZHPU512HCGL) as my OS boot drive.
post #63 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepiz View Post

Yup I did I even did a clean windows install and it still gives me an error when I try to re-enable it. It was working fine before the bios update..I may need to roll back.

bitlocker seems to be very touchy
its like one needs to know what can set it off as a enemy than a protector
Quote:
https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN153694/EN

http://www.microsoftnow.com/2010/01/updating-bios-on-a-computer-with-bitlocker-enabled.html

Moikerz wrote:
You're meant to disable Bitblocker (not unencrypt; just disable) when performing firmware updates:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732774.aspx
Yeah the firmware update tool does this automatically and the updating the firmware is not what causes the issue. We thought it was a fix but it is not.

Things we have suspected:

Old/Bad Bios
A windows update
One of our applications
Bitlocker
Hardware
Things we have done that did not work:

Update Bios (one corrupted/failed 3 days later)
Windows Update (No Single Update could be identified. A new image without updates crashed after a week of testing.)
Used by a department with 0 custom/non-windows applications and it still crashed/corrupted.
The 2 we have sent back to Lenovo they have just replaced HDD and sent back so unsure if this is the real culprit or just their easy way out.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/783421-bitlocker-randomly-corrupting-computers

http://blogs.technet.com/b/uspartner_ts2team/archive/2012/02/13/what-are-the-top-issues-for-bitlocker.aspx
post #64 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepiz View Post

I have the Samsung XP941 (MZHPU512HCGL) as my OS boot drive.

so how is your board performing? 100% defect free?
do u use consumer gpu boards vs workstation gpu boards?
post #65 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuey5 View Post

so how is your board performing? 100% defect free?
do u use consumer gpu boards vs workstation gpu boards?

Pretty good!...see below...I built this set up back in march the only issue I had was an event viewer error (Whea-Logger Event ID: 17) but it does not cause any problems still running rock solid I've been CPU and GPU rendering 24/ 7 on this rig smile.gif.

and bitlocker is not working with the new bios.


ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS
Motherboard BIOS Revision : 1202
CPU Intel Xeon: Dual E5-2697 V3
VGA Card Model : (1) Titan X + (3) Titans
VGA Card Driver : 355.82
Memory Crucial: 32 Gig kit CT4K8G4VFS4213
Hard Drive: Samsung XP941
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Windows 10 Pro
post #66 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepiz View Post

Pretty good!...see below...I built this set up back in march the only issue I had was an event viewer error (Whea-Logger Event ID: 17) but it does not cause any problems still running rock solid I've been CPU and GPU rendering 24/ 7 on this rig smile.gif.

and bitlocker is not working with the new bios.


ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS
Motherboard BIOS Revision : 1202
CPU Intel Xeon: Dual E5-2697 V3
VGA Card Model : (1) Titan X + (3) Titans
VGA Card Driver : 355.82
Memory Crucial: 32 Gig kit CT4K8G4VFS4213
Hard Drive: Samsung XP941
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Windows 10 Pro

>>Whea-Logger Event ID: 17
oh is that a simple intel chipset driver update?

when I read the bios updates to the D8\D16 it seemed that the parts are very narrow

but I'm glad with your experience that is not the case

I hoped you reported the bitlocker error to asus?

I was thinking of the E5-2660 V3 was the best affordable sweat spot
unless one day xeon come down in price lol
post #67 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuey5 View Post

>>Whea-Logger Event ID: 17
oh is that a simple intel chipset driver update?

I think it's an ASUS bios problem...It not a big deal since everyting runs fine, the ASUS X99 platform had the same issues and they fixed that with a bios update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuey5 View Post

I hoped you reported the bitlocker error to asus?

Well one thing I learned is that ASUS's tech support is terrible, just terrible, when I had the WHEA error I called ASUS tech support and submitted a ticket and went back and forth with them for weeks they even had me fill out and send them a customer specification and test sheet "so they can test the configuration"

I never hard back and when I called to follow up its like starting all over again so I gave up.

I built the Z9 as well, that build went much smother, I'm not surprised of the issues others have encountered with the Z10, seems to be like an abandoned child with no support or updates, still no Windows 10 driver updates! I bet if I do call ASUS about the bitlocker issue there going to tell me it's because I'm on windows 10, even though it worked perfectly fine with pervious bios on windows 10.
Edited by eyepiz - 10/4/15 at 8:49pm
post #68 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepiz View Post

I built the Z9 as well, that build went much smother, I'm not surprised of the issues others have encountered with the Z10, seems to be like an abandoned child with no support or updates, still no Windows 10 driver updates! I bet if I do call ASUS about the bitlocker issue there going to tell me it's because I'm on windows 10, even though it worked perfectly fine with pervious bios on windows 10.

lol so z11 won't be much better?
post #69 of 670
To bad Evga stopped making dual sockets mobos.
post #70 of 670
Bytales: I am now essentially using the same setup as you are, just built the machine Monday evening. Asus Z10PE-D8 with the Samsung M.2 only I am using the 256GB model. I was able to get Windows 10 installed via USB stick with no issue recognizing the M.2 SSD. I am using the latest BIOS release.

Legacy & UEFI mode enabled.

Option ROM
Network Legacy
Storage UEFI
Video Legacy
Other PCI Devices UEFI

Both of my Storage Controllers are in RAID mode and I am using 2x eVGA Geforce 970s one in slot 1 and the other in slot 5 - they are not SLI. I have so far had zero issues with this setup and everything is running fine and boot up times after Win10 install of all the usual BS... are under 12 seconds.

Let me know if you need me to give you any additional settings or any help I can provide.

- J
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Owner's thread