Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread - Page 233

post #2321 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

You can use Rufus and make a USB, just make sure you make it using the MBR option in Rufus and have CSM enabled or cant boot MBR drives. biggrin.gif

Edit: Make a USB from the ISO.

Second edit: When I tried the ISO it took like 8 hours to not even get to 100% on 32GB, it's incredibly slow. frown.gif

https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale
I just burned the ISO to a DVD - works great. I love the way they say you must delete the ISO file once you make the DVD biggrin.gif.
post #2322 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

make sure you have loaded the new Intel ME, and chipset drivers... along with the most recent bios.

@Silent scone - does memtweak it work on your Deluxe II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

Yes, download the latest one from the RE10 page. I would link it, but i'm on mobile data at the minute and I don't want to lol

Finding the MemTweakIt download in the ROG site is a nightmare. I somehow have one that works on the Strix, I got it from the RVE utilities download, file says v 2.02. In the About of the running executable the Version is blank rolleyes.gif.

Oops, forgot the link:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/
post #2323 of 5461
HCI MemTest throwing an error around 300% coverage is RAM related, right ?? (From searching this thread, cache related instability usually locks up and/or results in BSOD/reboot).

Corsair DDR4-2400 10-12-12-28 1T
http://www.corsair.com/en/dominator-platinum-series-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-2400mhz-c10-memory-kit-cmd32gx4m4b2400c10
AIDA64 says memory IC is from SK Hynix.

Trying to get 1T working & stable.

XMP enabled.
DRAM voltage is at 1.37V (raised from 1.35V)
VCCSA is at 1.13V (raised from 1.12V)
VCCIO is at 1.1V (raised from 1.05V)
6950X @ 4.4 core, 3.7 cache

Should I raise DRAM voltage to 1.38V ?
Edited by PowerK - 8/1/16 at 5:40pm
X99 System
(17 items)
 
Z170 System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX + harman kardon SoundSticks III ... Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 
Other
1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S Logitech G303 
Audio
Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 System
(17 items)
 
Z170 System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX + harman kardon SoundSticks III ... Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 
Other
1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S Logitech G303 
Audio
Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2324 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerK View Post

HCI MemTest throwing an error around 300% coverage is RAM related, right ?? (From searching this thread, cache related instability usually locks up and/or results in BSOD/reboot).

Corsair DDR4-2400 10-12-12-28 1T
http://www.corsair.com/en/dominator-platinum-series-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-2400mhz-c10-memory-kit-cmd32gx4m4b2400c10
AIDA64 says memory IC is from SK Hynix.

Trying to get 1T working & stable.

XMP enabled.
DRAM voltage is at 1.37V (raised from 1.35V)
VCCSA is at 1.13V (raised from 1.12V)
VCCIO is at 1.1V (raised from 1.05V)
6950X @ 4.4 core, 3.7 cache

Should I raise DRAM voltage to 1.38V ?

you can run Hynix at 1.4 or above if needed. But before doing that. Clear cmos, DO NOT load XMP. set your OC up as you had it for 4.4/3.7 and enter the ram frequency, primary timings and voltage manually. XMP will set value that you have no control over. Good that they ran well on XMP, but to really tune things properly, take control of the settings.

once you enter the basic primary timings (10-12-12-32 (since tRTP will probably be 10 or 8) - 1T and 1.375-1.4V). I would not rely upon XMP to pass HCI memtest.

After you get a reasonably stable 2400, you can try loading a preset for 2400 (or higher). That kit should do at least 2666c12 or even c10 with some "help". wink.gif
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2325 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

you can run Hynix at 1.4 or above if needed. But before doing that. Clear cmos, DO NOT load XMP. set your OC up as you had it for 4.4/3.7 and enter the ram frequency, primary timings and voltage manually. XMP will set value that you have no control over. Good that they ran well on XMP, but to really tune things properly, take control of the settings.

once you enter the basic primary timings (10-12-12-32 (since tRTP will probably be 10 or 8) - 1T and 1.375-1.4V). I would not rely upon XMP to pass HCI memtest.

After you get a reasonably stable 2400, you can try loading a preset for 2400 (or higher). That kit should do at least 2666c12 or even c10 with some "help". wink.gif
As usual, thanks for the advice, Jpm. I'll try what you said after work today.
One question. The Corsair spec is 10-12-12-28 Are you saying that I should manually change the timing to 10-12-12-32 ?
X99 System
(17 items)
 
Z170 System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX + harman kardon SoundSticks III ... Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 
Other
1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S Logitech G303 
Audio
Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 System
(17 items)
 
Z170 System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX + harman kardon SoundSticks III ... Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 
Other
1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S Logitech G303 
Audio
Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2326 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerK View Post

As usual, thanks for the advice, Jpm. I'll try what you said after work today.
One question. The Corsair spec is 10-12-12-28 Are you saying that I should manually change the timing to 10-12-12-32 ?

tRAs = CAS + tRCD+tRTP (+/-2). THats the min time the ras window needs to be open for all three ops to complete. Values outside this range result in the board/bios/microcode applying a value to correct the timing error - you cannot see what the subbed value is and it can could drift each training at post. I took a guess at tRTP. redface.gif

Edited by Jpmboy - 8/1/16 at 7:28pm
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2327 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post


Finding the MemTweakIt download in the ROG site is a nightmare. I somehow have one that works on the Strix, I got it from the RVE utilities download, file says v 2.02. In the About of the running executable the Version is blank rolleyes.gif.

Oops, forgot the link:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/


i DL memtweakit from the link above and still nothing

also i installed the chipset drivers (again) from asus support page !!


i'll try more
post #2328 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

tRAs = CAS + tRCD+tRTP (+/-2). THats the min time the ras window needs to be open for all three ops to complete. Values outside this range result in the board/bios/microcode applying a value to correct the timing error - you cannot see what the subbed value is and it can could drift each training at post. I took a guess at tRTP. redface.gif
Got it. Thanks. thumb.gif
Currently reading some of DDR4 timing tweak guide on the net.
tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRP smile.gif
Just started HCI MemTest 10-12-12-34 1T (DDR4-2400 with 1.375V). Fingers crossed.

EDIT : According to many guides on the net, tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRP
However, according to Raja@Asus and you, tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRTP
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5835-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking.

Which one is correct ?
According to Mem TweakIt, tRTP = 9 for my Corsair modules.

Hence, tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRP = 10 + 12 + 12 = 34 and
tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRTP = 10 + 12 + 9 = 31

EDIT #2 : Just interrupted HCI MemTest. Changed tRAS from 34 to 31.
Going for 10-12-12-31 1T.
Edited by PowerK - 8/2/16 at 4:21am
X99 System
(17 items)
 
Z170 System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX + harman kardon SoundSticks III ... Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 
Other
1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S Logitech G303 
Audio
Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 System
(17 items)
 
Z170 System
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX + harman kardon SoundSticks III ... Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 
Other
1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S Logitech G303 
Audio
Realtek ALC1150 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2329 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

i DL memtweakit from the link above and still nothing

also i installed the chipset drivers (again) from asus support page !!


i'll try more

I had the exact same thing happen. The one from here http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/HelpDesk_Download/ worked for me
post #2330 of 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerK View Post

Got it. Thanks. thumb.gif
Currently reading some of DDR4 timing tweak guide on the net.
tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRP smile.gif
Just started HCI MemTest 10-12-12-34 1T (DDR4-2400 with 1.375V). Fingers crossed.

EDIT : According to many guides on the net, tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRP
However, according to Raja@Asus and you, tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRTP
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5835-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking.

Which one is correct ?
According to Mem TweakIt, tRTP = 9 for my Corsair modules.

Hence, tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRP = 10 + 12 + 12 = 34 and
tRAS = tCL + tRCD + tRTP = 10 + 12 + 9 = 31

EDIT #2 : Just interrupted HCI MemTest. Changed tRAS from 34 to 31.
Going for 10-12-12-31 1T.

It is tRTP, not tRP. tRTP defines the delay between a read and precharge (tRP). tRAS defines the minimum amount of time it will take to latch the row, perform CAS, and the delay til the precharge command can be sent to close the open row. The sum of tRP and tRAS is tRC, which defines the delay til the next tRCD command can be sent to open a new row. If tRAS was the sum of tRCD+tCL+tRP, then there would be no need to define a value for tRC. Plus, the precharge command would be sent without delay after CAS, which would be invalid to say the least. The existence of these accumulative and individual parameters is so that things can be scheduled in sequence while allowing each electrical function that is part of the memory transaction to be configured to an optimal value for sake of flexibility.

A timing table here shows tRAS:

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/3851/Back%20to%20Back%20Burst%20Read%20with%20Page%20Close.png?_ga=1.128498191.2035876828.1461651401

You can see that tRP is outside the tRAS window.

-Raja
Edited by Raja@ASUS - 8/2/16 at 5:45am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread