Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread - Page 242

post #2411 of 5786
Welp that was short lived. Tried setting CR1 at XMP timings entered manually and code 41. Tried using Maximus tweak 1 and 2. Set dram voltage to 1.5V VCCIO to 1.225V and SA to 1.25V. Even tried setting tRDWR all to 15 to match CL even though it's not above 3600. Still code 41 and once 55. What am I missing? Guess it won't work on CR1? What about dimm slots on the hero board...any difference between A bank and B bank?
post #2412 of 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle1721 View Post

Welp that was short lived. Tried setting CR1 at XMP timings entered manually and code 41. Tried using Maximus tweak 1 and 2. Set dram voltage to 1.5V VCCIO to 1.225V and SA to 1.25V. Even tried setting tRDWR all to 15 to match CL even though it's not above 3600. Still code 41 and once 55. What am I missing? Guess it won't work on CR1? What about dimm slots on the hero board...any difference between A bank and B bank?
I was wondering if I should have gone for the 3600-15 instead of the 3200-14 ...

Those voltages seem kind of high ... plus as has been mentioned, more is not always better ...
post #2413 of 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post

I was wondering if I should have gone for the 3600-15 instead of the 3200-14 ...

Those voltages seem kind of high ... plus as has been mentioned, more is not always better ...

Yeah voltages are a bit high but nothing I would say is alarming for testing. I started low and worked my way up sequentially with each failed boot so I didn't just jump to the max I felt comfortable running. Odd that the b-die doesn't want to run in CR1 though.
post #2414 of 5786
When I was tuning my memory, 55 would sometimes come up and would be resolved by bumping VCCSA a few notches. Not sure what 41 is though, did not encounter that.
post #2415 of 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

Trying to resume the test lol

doh.gif OK, it's stuck doing something not actually testing smile.gif.

So the -w introduces more elaborate stressing. Is the power spiking the only thing it adds, or does it add other elaborations? Since I wasn't sure, I added a pause delay just larger than the test duration so I might get any additional stress it might add without the spiking, or is that the same as just removing the -w?.
post #2416 of 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post

doh.gif OK, it's stuck doing something not actually testing smile.gif.

So the -w introduces more elaborate stressing. Is the power spiking the only thing it adds, or does it add other elaborations? Since I wasn't sure, I added a pause delay just larger than the test duration so I might get any additional stress it might add without the spiking, or is that the same as just removing the -w?.

Hello

"-W" uses a more CPU stressful memory copy test. The argument has no bearing on the power spiking.
post #2417 of 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Hello

"-W" uses a more CPU stressful memory copy test. The argument has no bearing on the power spiking.

Thanks, Praz. So if I'm getting considerable periods of time recovering from the spiking it makes sense to remove the spiking, one way being through the period spec:

stressapptest -s 4800 -W --pause_delay 4850

This worked fine for me. Would it add something to have one spike event for extra credit, e.g.:

stressapptest -s 6000 -W --pause_delay 4800

which should recover before the end but at least 80 minutes of testing, plus whatever it gets after the spike recovery?

I never seem to get an error from the spiking, just the useless recovery period, so maybe it's not worth it.
post #2418 of 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexpot View Post

When I was tuning my memory, 55 would sometimes come up and would be resolved by bumping VCCSA a few notches. Not sure what 41 is though, did not encounter that.
Code 55 can be many things but typically is solved by biking up some voltage. More often than not dram voltage bump will fix it. Code 41 is caused typically by too tight tertiary timings. I've been practicing with other kits so I do have some knowledge but for some reason my sample doesn't like cr1
post #2419 of 5786
Figured I ask in here vs the Broadwell-E thread.

Anyone know some good 32GB or 64GB kits @ 3200C14+ for X99 on BW-E?

I've been looking at the TridentZ's, and have 2 3200C14 kits for a work build I'm doing, but my own personal system is still on weak 2666C13 Hynix's.

I've read somewhere here that BW-E on the new X99 V2 asus boards like all 8 dimm slots to be populated in order to get maximum performance? Has anyone tried 4x16GB dbl sided vs 8x8GB single sided e-die and compared numbers?

What about the G.Skill 3466C16 or 3600C17 kits? Will they be able to do 3200C14-14-14 tight?

Here are the kits I've been looking at:

First pick, as I have some Amazon GC's

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-4x8GB-PC4-27700-CMU32GX4M4C3466C16/dp/B01HKF42JC/

Or these:

32GB...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232348

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232369

64GB...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232349

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232347

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232368
2015 X99 Build
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5960X Rampage V Extreme EVGA GTX980Ti KPE EVGA GTX980Ti KPE 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 2666C15 @ 2666C13 Intel SSD 750 400GB Custom water loop 2x EK PE 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XE 480mm EK Supremacy EVO 2x EK Supremacy VGA EK X-RES / D5 PWM 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Vardar F3-120/F4-120ER all around 2x Dell U2713  Custom Sprit PCB / Poker II MX Clear Corsair AX1200 Individually sleeved 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Thermaltake X9 Snow edition Logitech G502 / Razer Mamba 2015 Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Schiit Magni 2 Uber 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 980X Rampage III Extreme EVGA GTX580 EVGA GTX580 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator-GT 3x2GB DDR3-2000 C8 Corsair Vengeance 6x4GB Crucial M4 128GB Custom loop. 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP ZR2740W Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Razer Invicta Xonar Xense 
  hide details  
Reply
2015 X99 Build
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5960X Rampage V Extreme EVGA GTX980Ti KPE EVGA GTX980Ti KPE 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 2666C15 @ 2666C13 Intel SSD 750 400GB Custom water loop 2x EK PE 360mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XE 480mm EK Supremacy EVO 2x EK Supremacy VGA EK X-RES / D5 PWM 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Vardar F3-120/F4-120ER all around 2x Dell U2713  Custom Sprit PCB / Poker II MX Clear Corsair AX1200 Individually sleeved 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Thermaltake X9 Snow edition Logitech G502 / Razer Mamba 2015 Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Schiit Magni 2 Uber 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 980X Rampage III Extreme EVGA GTX580 EVGA GTX580 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator-GT 3x2GB DDR3-2000 C8 Corsair Vengeance 6x4GB Crucial M4 128GB Custom loop. 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP ZR2740W Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Razer Invicta Xonar Xense 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2420 of 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post

Figured I ask in here vs the Broadwell-E thread.

Anyone know some good 32GB or 64GB kits @ 3200C14+ for X99 on BW-E?

I've been looking at the TridentZ's, and have 2 3200C14 kits for a work build I'm doing, but my own personal system is still on weak 2666C13 Hynix's.

I've read somewhere here that BW-E on the new X99 V2 asus boards like all 8 dimm slots to be populated in order to get maximum performance? Has anyone tried 4x16GB dbl sided vs 8x8GB single sided e-die and compared numbers?

What about the G.Skill 3466C16 or 3600C17 kits? Will they be able to do 3200C14-14-14 tight?

Here are the kits I've been looking at:

First pick, as I have some Amazon GC's

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-4x8GB-PC4-27700-CMU32GX4M4C3466C16/dp/B01HKF42JC/

Or these:

32GB...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232348

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232369

64GB...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232349

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232347

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232368

the gskill 8x8GB 3200c14 kit runs 3400c13@1.45V - no problem on the R5E-10 with this 6950X. (tho, I cannot get 1T to post at all, but 2T does not affect bandwidth)
This was run while browsing @1440P/120 on a swift while live streaming the olympics at 4K to another monitor. biggrin.gif 4.3/3.7.
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Intel 900p WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Intel 900p WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread