Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread - Page 250

post #2491 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

It would be a lot easier if people would be consistent with their terminology, including motherboard makers.

Hello

I've never seen any inconsistency regarding the use of wording as it relates VCCIN and VCCIO. Different terms for different voltage rails.
post #2492 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle1721 View Post

I just tried running Rufus. Booted to USB and got a screen that asked to launch mint as well as launch in comparability or OEM install (for manufactures). Selected launch mint and takes me to a black screen so I am not sure it works. Maybe someone else will chime in and tell me how big an idiot I'm being trying to do something simple haha.

Edit: created a 3GB partition using NTFS and copied over the files. Booted into that partition and still black screen. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Linux doesn't use NTFS, it uses another partition format Ext4 as the install from the downloaded mounted image should show.
post #2493 of 5762
Well, I've had my VCCIO on Auto, and my motherboard decided it was important enough to jump it to 1.2V+ in the latest memory stress test, which the voltage monitor listed as red (typically reserved for "OMG DON'T GO THAT HIGH!" voltages. I don't recall it doing that before. I've since set it to 1.1V for both the PCH and CPU (my motherboard shows two IOs). Assuming my system becomes unstable because of this, what is a safe VCCIO voltage, and which of the two IO options should I be changing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

It would be a lot easier if people would be consistent with their terminology, including motherboard makers.

Hello

I've never seen any inconsistency regarding the use of wording as it relates VCCIN and VCCIO. Different terms for different voltage rails.
thumb.gif
Edited by stargate125645 - 8/13/16 at 5:04pm
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2494 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post

Linux doesn't use NTFS, it uses another partition format Ext4 as the install from the downloaded mounted image should show.

I do now it uses Ext format but it doesn't format to EXT until it's booted. I'm not sure what I changed but I was able to get it to work. Basically created the bootable USB launched waited a while and a mouse cursor finally appeared. Installed gsat and ran fine. I'm away from the house now but will run and post results in the morning thumb.gif
post #2495 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

Well, I've had my VCCIO on Auto, and my motherboard decided it was important enough to jump it to 1.2V+ in the latest memory stress test, which the voltage monitor listed as red (typically reserved for "OMG DON'T GO THAT HIGH!" voltages. I don't recall it doing that before. I've since set it to 1.1V for both the PCH and CPU (my motherboard shows two IOs). Assuming my system becomes unstable because of this, what is a safe VCCIO voltage, and which of the two IO options should I be changing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

It would be a lot easier if people would be consistent with their terminology, including motherboard makers.

Hello

I've never seen any inconsistency regarding the use of wording as it relates VCCIN and VCCIO. Different terms for different voltage rails.
thumb.gif
It would appear I do need a VCCIO of more than 1.2 to be stable. So for which of the two options do I change the voltage? I see Raja says 1.3V is max to be not concerned with, so do you all agree? Not sure why an ASUS monitoring application would say to be cautious when an ASUS rep says otherwise.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2496 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

It would appear I do need a VCCIO of more than 1.2 to be stable. So for which of the two options do I change the voltage? I see Raja says 1.3V is max to be not concerned with, so do you all agree? Not sure why an ASUS monitoring application would say to be cautious when an ASUS rep says otherwise.

I find tuning vccsa much more critical for stability than vccio. What are your current settings for target speed (vcore, vcache etc.)?
post #2497 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

It would appear I do need a VCCIO of more than 1.2 to be stable. So for which of the two options do I change the voltage? I see Raja says 1.3V is max to be not concerned with, so do you all agree? Not sure why an ASUS monitoring application would say to be cautious when an ASUS rep says otherwise.

I find tuning vccsa much more critical for stability than vccio. What are your current settings for target speed (vcore, vcache etc.)?
See my signature. Everything is stable except RAM when I take VCCIO off Auto. And using the 14-15-14-34-1T you suggested at 1.38V works fine for 3200MHz, but only with 1.25 VCCIO on the CPU (PCH IO left at 1.1). 1.04V is what VCCSA is set to. 1.2V for cache, 1.23V for core.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2498 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

See my signature. Everything is stable except RAM when I take VCCIO off Auto. And using the 14-15-14-34-1T you suggested at 1.38V works fine for 3200MHz, but only with 1.25 VCCIO on the CPU (PCH IO left at 1.1). 1.04V is what VCCSA is set to. 1.2V for cache, 1.23V for core.

What signature? I don't see one, just the system inventory smile.gif
post #2499 of 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

See my signature. Everything is stable except RAM when I take VCCIO off Auto. And using the 14-15-14-34-1T you suggested at 1.38V works fine for 3200MHz, but only with 1.25 VCCIO on the CPU (PCH IO left at 1.1). 1.04V is what VCCSA is set to. 1.2V for cache, 1.23V for core.

What signature? I don't see one, just the system inventory smile.gif
I guess anything below the post is my signature, then, as that's what I meant for you to look at.
Edited by stargate125645 - 8/13/16 at 7:07pm
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2500 of 5762
Do I have to do anything special when I install Linux Mint on Z170?


I know windows 7 requires XHCI drivers inside the ISO, is it the same for Linux or no?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread