Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Zowie G-TFX Review - by Ino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Sponsored] Zowie G-TFX Review - by Ino - Page 28

post #271 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

Biggest con/downside is the mousepad is not flat at all, came out of box with some big.. rolls


I've been using it for under a month and I noticed that it wasn't flat and it doesn't get flat no matter what I do... lol
I'm very dissapointed with it so far and it's certainly not a pad I'd recommend when asked.

Had to take a photo on the kitchen table because I have too much stuff on the desk.
post #272 of 358
Yeah also had the same problem (still do to some extent). What I did to at least get it a little bit more flat was to carefully roll it up the other way around and then put it back into the box for two days since no of my other efforts worked, and hey, it is probably as flat as this pad will ever get thumb.gif Be careful though, rolling the pad with the surface inwards might cause creases (mine didn't, but still, it felt like that could happen)
post #273 of 358
forgot that the G402 cable isn't braided. surprising, considering its age.
same scroll wheel as G303? that one's pretty nice
post #274 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by magictwist View Post

Yeah also had the same problem (still do to some extent). What I did to at least get it a little bit more flat was to carefully roll it up the other way around and then put it back into the box for two days since no of my other efforts worked, and hey, it is probably as flat as this pad will ever get thumb.gif Be careful though, rolling the pad with the surface inwards might cause creases (mine didn't, but still, it felt like that could happen)

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go and let you know if it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucake View Post

forgot that the G402 cable isn't braided. surprising, considering its age.
same scroll wheel as G303? that one's pretty nice

The G303's scroll wheel is stiffer than the G402, or it's more pronounced I should say.
Edited by Pragmatist - 6/8/16 at 12:59am
post #275 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

Biggest con/downside is the mousepad is not flat at all, came out of box with some big.. rolls


I've been using it for under a month and I noticed that it wasn't flat and it doesn't get flat no matter what I do... lol
I'm very dissapointed with it so far and it's certainly not a pad I'd recommend when asked.

Had to take a photo on the kitchen table because I have too much stuff on the desk.

Mine is pretty flat. Never did anything like roll it etc because that just seems dumb with any pad smile.gif And I gotten creases on other pads doing that like QCK, Qpad pads etc so stopped doing that with new pads.
My pad been thrown around pretty heavy though from shoved into bag few times when I went on lan etc so its kinda dirty and beaten biggrin.gif



Thinking about buying a new fresher one biggrin.gif
I have the version before benq took over.

I also have a G-SR, it got pretty flat in a few days (I did put some books on it during the nights though which helped quite a bit) Its now rolled back into the package though and resting in the shelf forever.
post #276 of 358
My GTFX is still not 100% flat and it's been almost 2 months, also the creases have not disappeared at all. I'm going to definitely RMA the pad a long with my EC2A as it has issues with the right click.
post #277 of 358
I have a much harder time getting my glorious XL 5mm pad to become flat. I had books on it every night for a week and its still very far from flat.
Both my Zowie pads were way easier to get flat ;O
post #278 of 358
yeah some pads seem like they literally never get totally flat. join the hard pad master race
post #279 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I think before you seek a new mousepad you should practice with that sensitivity for 3-4 weeks. You didn't give yourself (your muscle memory) any time to adjust and are immediately seeking something to compensate for dexterity that you can build up by simply playing

You're right that I should spend more time but I'm still looking for an alternative. Everything feels fine or even better than before already except very smooth tracking aim.
post #280 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

Mine is pretty flat. Never did anything like roll it etc because that just seems dumb with any pad smile.gif And I gotten creases on other pads doing that like QCK, Qpad pads etc so stopped doing that with new pads.
My pad been thrown around pretty heavy though from shoved into bag few times when I went on lan etc so its kinda dirty and beaten biggrin.gif



Thinking about buying a new fresher one biggrin.gif
I have the version before benq took over.

I also have a G-SR, it got pretty flat in a few days (I did put some books on it during the nights though which helped quite a bit) Its now rolled back into the package though and resting in the shelf forever.

I tried putting books on it and other heavy stuff to no avail. Just want to test if it can get it flat at this point, because I'm not going to use it regardless. In any case, I'm glad yours turned out good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware Reviews Program
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Labs › Hardware Reviews Program › [Sponsored] Zowie G-TFX Review - by Ino