Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 547

post #5461 of 11289
Username: qqqq
CPU Model: i5-6400
Base Clock: 171
Core Multiplier: 27
Core Frequency: 4.616
Cache Frequency: 4.616
Vcore in UEFI: 1.350
Vcore: 1.332
FCLK: 0.8
Cooling Solution: D14
Stability Test: p95 v28.7 S 1h

Batch Number: malay L524B509
Ram Speed: 3200 16-16-16-36 1T
Ram Voltage: 1.35

Motherboard: gigabyte z170 d3h
LLC Setting: high

post #5462 of 11289
Hello all. Ran into an issue today, well this morning really. Been running my 6600k @ 4.5 (1.395 vcore) found my PC this morning in the OFF state. I rarely turn my rig off. Long story short, had to go to work, came home, started the thing back up, powered off on me randomly. Checked in HWINFO64, my package temp was running up to 83C during IBT & Cinebench R15, never did that prior to today. I spent a few days OC'ing this thing, taking my time, never ran hotter than mid-60s.

I noticed that the iGPU temps matched the package temp. I'm not running the iGPU, as I have SLI 780s.

So I reset the CMOS, running the stock/auto values currently and sitting at a comfy 23C.

Why would my OC settings all of the sudden be an issues after a week plus of stable uptime?

Specs are in my sig.

Thanks

EDIT: Highest temp seen in RealBench was 52C after 30mins.
Edited by Devil Inc - 1/27/16 at 7:05pm
post #5463 of 11289
Look at the core temps. eg right now my package has maxed at 31 but one core was at 41 at some point, what temps are your cores hitting (or were?). Is this OC a week old.. if yes, then it's possible it just wants a tad more now though just powering off wouldn't indicate that, I'd expect a BSOD.
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Just a 'puter
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero iGPU thanks to Nvidia 970 3.5GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB Crucial M4 256GB RX360 V3 Koolance CPU-380I 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump Windows 10 Pro x64 benq XL2411Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech G510 Seasonic X-760 Corsair 800D Mionix Castor 
AudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD DT 990 Premium 250Ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5464 of 11289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post

Hello all. Ran into an issue today, well this morning really. Been running my 6600k @ 4.5 (1.395 vcore) found my PC this morning in the OFF state. I rarely turn my rig off. Long story short, had to go to work, came home, started the thing back up, powered off on me randomly. Checked in HWINFO64, my package temp was running up to 83C during IBT & Cinebench R15, never did that prior to today. I spent a few days OC'ing this thing, taking my time, never ran hotter than mid-60s.

I noticed that the iGPU temps matched the package temp. I'm not running the iGPU, as I have SLI 780s.

So I reset the CMOS, running the stock/auto values currently and sitting at a comfy 23C.

Why would my OC settings all of the sudden be an issues after a week plus of stable uptime?

Specs are in my sig.

Thanks

EDIT: Highest temp seen in RealBench was 52C after 30mins.

keep an eye on temps - if you are on water maybe your pump is failing or just lost power and is not pumping?. other than that - ???
post #5465 of 11289
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqq View Post

Username: qqqq
CPU Model: i5-6400
Base Clock: 171
Core Multiplier: 27
Core Frequency: 4.616
Cache Frequency: 4.616
Vcore in UEFI: 1.350
Vcore: 1.332
FCLK: 0.8
Cooling Solution: D14
Stability Test: p95 v28.7 S 1h

Batch Number: malay L524B509
Ram Speed: 3200 16-16-16-36 1T
Ram Voltage: 1.35

Motherboard: gigabyte z170 d3h
LLC Setting: high


Another non-k oc! Well done! smile.gif hard to read your cpuz frown.gif
post #5466 of 11289
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

Look at the core temps. eg right now my package has maxed at 31 but one core was at 41 at some point, what temps are your cores hitting (or were?). Is this OC a week old.. if yes, then it's possible it just wants a tad more now though just powering off wouldn't indicate that, I'd expect a BSOD.

Yeah, the OC was a little over a week up and running. Yes, one core does run a tad hotter, even at stock clocks. The core temps seemed to be well within range, the package was jacked out at idle even??? There hasn't been any BSOD to speak of it just powered off without warning, like the PSU is bad. I'm running a Seasonic X Series-1250w, overkill I know, but I got it at a crazy sale price last year on Newegg. I've been running this PSU in my old AMD rig and now this one.

I'm pretty confident it's temp related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRo View Post

keep an eye on temps - if you are on water maybe your pump is failing or just lost power and is not pumping?. other than that - ???

Temps seemed okay the night before. It is under water, XSPC Raystorm Pro CPU block. The pump is a XSPC D5 Vario, currently sitting at the #3 setting. I do feel a slight vibration when I touch the pump, so that seems to be working. I don't have a flow meter installed. mad.gif Nothing feels hot/warm to the touch, blocks, rads, or tubes.

The individual core temps looked fine, just the package temp and iGPU temp was thru the roof for some reason. I don't recall what they were at the time. HWINFO64 had the package temp lit up in red so I quickly shutdown and adjusted everything back to stock.

I'll work on slowly increasing everything back towards the OC settings and chart the temps each change.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll keep posting as I get more info. thumb.gif
post #5467 of 11289
My 1st cut at oc of TridentZ 2x8GB. I'm happy so far as I'm using an i5-6400 with bclock oc. Here is a quick test at 3700c15 @ 1.4v biggrin.gif -

trident_Z3700c15at1_4v.jpg
post #5468 of 11289
So I see most people running 16gb ram, is there a reason for this? I was looking at 32gb 4x8 myself. I'm using this thread as a guide line to my new build.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Z170 Premium EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 FTW Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB Seagate 3TB 7200 Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Catleap Q270 G115 EVGA 750B2 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Z170 Premium EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 FTW Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB Seagate 3TB 7200 Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Catleap Q270 G115 EVGA 750B2 Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5469 of 11289
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRo View Post

My 1st cut at oc of TridentZ 2x8GB. I'm happy so far as I'm using an i5-6400 with bclock oc. Here is a quick test at 3700c15 @ 1.4v biggrin.gif -

trident_Z3700c15at1_4v.jpg
Nice.
on 163 bclk no less. that's an asrock MB - right? 2 dimm slots?
Edited by Jpmboy - 1/28/16 at 7:10am
x99
(28 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
x79
(21 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanX w/ EK Blocks & Backplates 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tesla C-class 2 GTX Titan X Pascal (water cooled) GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor 256GB M6e M.2 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4960X @ 4.7 Asus Rampage IV Black Edition R9 295x2 w/ Koolance Block G Skill 2400 c9 (@ 2133c8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor 512 SSD VelociRaptor 600GB WD Black 2T 4 Terabyte NAS 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Asus BluRay R/W Lite On  AquaComputer 720XT Koolance 380i 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liang DCC Aux Pump Win10x64 Samsung U28D590 4K/60 (primary) SteelSeries G6 (Cherry Red) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Sliverstone TJ09 G700 on-board 
Audio
Ultimate Ears TF10s 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(28 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
x79
(21 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanX w/ EK Blocks & Backplates 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Nvidia Tesla C-class 2 GTX Titan X Pascal (water cooled) GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor 256GB M6e M.2 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4960X @ 4.7 Asus Rampage IV Black Edition R9 295x2 w/ Koolance Block G Skill 2400 c9 (@ 2133c8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor 512 SSD VelociRaptor 600GB WD Black 2T 4 Terabyte NAS 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Asus BluRay R/W Lite On  AquaComputer 720XT Koolance 380i 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liang DCC Aux Pump Win10x64 Samsung U28D590 4K/60 (primary) SteelSeries G6 (Cherry Red) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 Sliverstone TJ09 G700 on-board 
Audio
Ultimate Ears TF10s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5470 of 11289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

Nice.
on 163 bclk no less. that's an asrock MB - right? 2 dimm slots?

4 mem slots - asrock ocf - did i get the wrong set? should i have gotten 4x4? rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]