Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 810

post #8091 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle1721 View Post

Many people that have sufficient cooling run the core volts upwards to 1.4V. You have plenty of room to increase the core more to OC the chip further. With that said I typically do not run any version of prime since all versions yield an unrealistic load on the CPU. I use a combination of real bench and OCCT. It is plenty for stress testing realistic loads on the chip.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont want to go any higher than 1.3V because my CPU is new and i fear consequences D:
Thought so, i wont use prime95 anymore, since every other benchmark is doing just fine with my settings

Thanks!
post #8092 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcbyom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle1721 View Post

Many people that have sufficient cooling run the core volts upwards to 1.4V. You have plenty of room to increase the core more to OC the chip further. With that said I typically do not run any version of prime since all versions yield an unrealistic load on the CPU. I use a combination of real bench and OCCT. It is plenty for stress testing realistic loads on the chip.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont want to go any higher than 1.3V because my CPU is new and i fear consequences D:
Thought so, i wont use prime95 anymore, since every other benchmark is doing just fine with my settings

Thanks!
I understand not wanting to mess up the chip. I will tell you this and let you make an informed decision. Intel list the max safe voltages to be 1.52V. Above this you can expect silicon degradation etc. Many run 1.4-1.45V since it is well below the max safe voltage however the peak voltage you can run will also depend on your temperatures under load. Whatever voltage you do run it's best to ensure the chip is under 80C. I don't think this is a magic number that people found in testing but rather a sadly assumed delta that is far enough below the throttle point of the chip. So while you may not want to increase voltage now I just wanted to inform you of the parameters you can change in the future to ensure its done without any risk to the chip. thumb.gif


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8093 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle1721 View Post

I understand not wanting to mess up the chip. I will tell you this and let you make an informed decision. Intel list the max safe voltages to be 1.52V. Above this you can expect silicon degradation etc. Many run 1.4-1.45V since it is well below the max safe voltage however the peak voltage you can run will also depend on your temperatures under load. Whatever voltage you do run it's best to ensure the chip is under 80C. I don't think this is a magic number that people found in testing but rather a sadly assumed delta that is far enough below the throttle point of the chip. So while you may not want to increase voltage now I just wanted to inform you of the parameters you can change in the future to ensure its done without any risk to the chip. thumb.gif


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you very much, i appreciate it! smile.gif
post #8094 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post

What clocks on 6700 with this vcore?

4.9/4.9 delidded tho. I do allow vdroop so the high load voltage (measured with a DMM off the mobo) is 1.468V +/- 5mV
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8095 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmrs View Post

Hello guys, i have this specs:

i5 6600k
asus maximus viii hero
2 x 4 Gskill 2133mhz ddr4
Corsair 110i GT with 2 x Noctua nf A14flx monted on the front of a Fractal Arc Midi Tower - intake
Then i have 1 NF A14 Flx mounted on the bottom on the case - intake
And 1 NF A14Flx mounted as exhaust on the back of the case.

I've managed to push my cpu to 4.5Ghz. Real Bench tested passed.

Here are some screenshots:






Is this good enough? Or should i tweak something in the bios?

Also, is my fan setup correct? Or should i change the radiator to the top of the case? I've had it in the top of the case, pulling air out, with 2 intake on the front, and 1 exhaust on the back, but like this i would have negative pressure on the case.

Right now i know i have positive, because i only have 1 exhaust on the back, then 1 intake in the bottom, and the radiator on the front with 2 intake fans too.

Thanks guys

EDIT: I lowered my manual voltage to 1.3, and i still passed on real bench test. Should i try to go even lower or is this good? When stress testing my Cpu Vcore on HwMonitor is showing 1.344. Is that too high?

Also, after i find the lowest i can go on voltage, should i switch to offset mode?

anyone please?
7700k
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270F Giogabyte 1060 G1 6GB GSkill 2x4GB 2133Mghz F4-2133C15D-8GVR 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 120GB Evo SSD Corsair H110i GT Benq XL2411Z HyperX Alloy Fps Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova G3 650w Fractal Define S Steelseries Rival 310 Hyperx Fury Pro Gaming L Mousepad 
Audio
Hyperx Cloud II 
  hide details  
Reply
7700k
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270F Giogabyte 1060 G1 6GB GSkill 2x4GB 2133Mghz F4-2133C15D-8GVR 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 120GB Evo SSD Corsair H110i GT Benq XL2411Z HyperX Alloy Fps Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova G3 650w Fractal Define S Steelseries Rival 310 Hyperx Fury Pro Gaming L Mousepad 
Audio
Hyperx Cloud II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8096 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmrs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmrs View Post

Hello guys, i have this specs:

i5 6600k
asus maximus viii hero
2 x 4 Gskill 2133mhz ddr4
Corsair 110i GT with 2 x Noctua nf A14flx monted on the front of a Fractal Arc Midi Tower - intake
Then i have 1 NF A14 Flx mounted on the bottom on the case - intake
And 1 NF A14Flx mounted as exhaust on the back of the case.

I've managed to push my cpu to 4.5Ghz. Real Bench tested passed.

Here are some screenshots:






Is this good enough? Or should i tweak something in the bios?

Also, is my fan setup correct? Or should i change the radiator to the top of the case? I've had it in the top of the case, pulling air out, with 2 intake on the front, and 1 exhaust on the back, but like this i would have negative pressure on the case.

Right now i know i have positive, because i only have 1 exhaust on the back, then 1 intake in the bottom, and the radiator on the front with 2 intake fans too.

Thanks guys

EDIT: I lowered my manual voltage to 1.3, and i still passed on real bench test. Should i try to go even lower or is this good? When stress testing my Cpu Vcore on HwMonitor is showing 1.344. Is that too high?

Also, after i find the lowest i can go on voltage, should i switch to offset mode?

anyone please?
Check out the guide on the first page it answers all of your questions as well as my past two posts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8097 of 11359
Who has actually ever had degredation on skylake, and what were their temperatures and voltages?
Dorje
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte z97x-sli MSI TF 280 G Skill Sniper 1600/9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 4 tb hybrid Corsair h80i Windows 8.1 SE39UY04 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA NEX-G 750W S340 (white) Bloody ZL5A Razer Blackshark 
  hide details  
Reply
Dorje
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte z97x-sli MSI TF 280 G Skill Sniper 1600/9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 4 tb hybrid Corsair h80i Windows 8.1 SE39UY04 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA NEX-G 750W S340 (white) Bloody ZL5A Razer Blackshark 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8098 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmrs View Post

anyone please?

Plus, my post, posted just before your original post with all your questions...
post #8099 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

4.9/4.9 delidded tho. I do allow vdroop so the high load voltage (measured with a DMM off the mobo) is 1.468V +/- 5mV

That is a very nice OC. Not sure I would personally keep it at this vcore tough but I guess if you change platforms quite often that should not matter anyway.

Quick questions about delid if you do not mind. Have you re-sealed your IHS? If so how do you know how much silicone to use not to have it too high or too low? Also have you left gap in silicone for air?

Finally, to everybody who may know. Am I right that CPU + its PCB on skylake is not conductive? I mean nothing there can be shortened really by CLU splatter. The only danger is that CLU would get into the socket?

My plan is to delid, put loads of CLU, I mean loads and then reseal leaving no air gap so CLU is not dangerous to socket.

Cheers
Edited by sebna - 7/16/16 at 11:20am
post #8100 of 11359
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorje View Post

Who has actually ever had degredation on skylake, and what were their temperatures and voltages?
I'm not sure. I don't recall anybody saying their chip experienced any degradation.

Edit: I take that back there was one guy in the past month iIRC that said he had degradation and ended up getting a new chip or something. He said it occurred while at something like 1.4V so I just overlooked it assuming he either didn't have sufficient cooling or the chip wasn't stable in the first place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]