Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Coding and Programming › Batch Update Uninstaller - Uninstall Forced Win10 & Telemetry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Batch Update Uninstaller - Uninstall Forced Win10 & Telemetry - Page 12

post #111 of 399
So, the attached v4.2 will self elevate the privileges if just double clicked (you'll see a brief flash of a command prompt window due to the script restarting itself with the privileges). I've also added a small script to install a shortcut to the users desktop if they'd like.
UninstallUpdatesv4.2.zip 15k .zip file
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 399
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by agawthrop View Post

So, the attached v4.2 will self elevate the privileges if just double clicked (you'll see a brief flash of a command prompt window due to the script restarting itself with the privileges). I've also added a small script to install a shortcut to the users desktop if they'd like.
UninstallUpdatesv4.2.zip 15k .zip file
weirdsmiley.gif
It was all going so well...

Haha I like messing with you agawthrop tongue.gif this icon is butt ugly though. Not that I could find much better...

This project is really moving along. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. biggrin.gif
Added to first post. Would make changelog now but I'm falling asleep.

Hey how about this? http://www.iconarchive.com/show/mega-pack-2-icons-by-ncrow/Uninstall-Tool-icon.html

Quick suggestion for next implementation in next revision, rename uninstallwinupdate.vbs&.cmd to match program name. I was also thinking, why don't we call this Batch Update Uninstaller? Because that's what it is, a really nice batch patch update uninstaller. If you want to uninstall other updates it's a quick change of the kblist. I imagine this as a sysadmin's helpful tool.

Batch Update Uninstaller is kind of clunky. It's not catchy like it could be.
Batch Uninstaller?
What about Batch Unpatcher?

Yea I know!! Back Scratcher! The Update Unpatcher!
Our slogan: Need an update scratched? Well we've got your back! lachen.gif
Edited by cookieboyeli - 10/23/15 at 1:25am
post #113 of 399
I'll have to get the screenshot when I get back home.
When I right click and run as admin, the command line shows as it did on my personal PC. On my parents and brother's PC (which had auto updates on), the prompt opens and says something like,
"Stopping and disabling windows update"
"Searching the .vbs file"
"Cannot find path specified"
"Please reboot"

There were a couple of other lines of txt, but I can't remember right off. I'll get that screen shot as soon as I can.
post #114 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

weirdsmiley.gif
It was all going so well...

Haha I like messing with you agawthrop tongue.gif this icon is butt ugly though. Not that I could find much better...

This project is really moving along. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. biggrin.gif
Added to first post. Would make changelog now but I'm falling asleep.

Hey how about this? http://www.iconarchive.com/show/mega-pack-2-icons-by-ncrow/Uninstall-Tool-icon.html

Quick suggestion for next implementation in next revision, rename uninstallwinupdate.vbs&.cmd to match program name. I was also thinking, why don't we call this Batch Update Uninstaller? Because that's what it is, a really nice batch patch update uninstaller. If you want to uninstall other updates it's a quick change of the kblist. I imagine this as a sysadmin's helpful tool.

Batch Update Uninstaller is kind of clunky. It's not catchy like it could be.
Batch Uninstaller?
What about Batch Unpatcher?

Yea I know!! Back Scratcher! The Update Unpatcher!
Our slogan: Need an update scratched? Well we've got your back! lachen.gif
Haha, yea the icon is crap, but it was 1:30am and I wanted to get something on there. We could use that one, you decide which icon and send it to me via PM and I'll get it added.

I have no problems changing the name, it will take a little bit though as I'll need to ensure it's changed everywhere.

Batch Update Uninstaller is probably best. It's the most accurate and descriptive name without being extremely wordy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasty006 View Post

I'll have to get the screenshot when I get back home.
When I right click and run as admin, the command line shows as it did on my personal PC. On my parents and brother's PC (which had auto updates on), the prompt opens and says something like,
"Stopping and disabling windows update"
"Searching the .vbs file"
"Cannot find path specified"
"Please reboot"

There were a couple of other lines of txt, but I can't remember right off. I'll get that screen shot as soon as I can.

Please do, I'd like to get it worked out.
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 399
This is sweet , Will try later

Thank you all !
+rep
Shadownet
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Asus rampage V Extreme  Inno3D GTX 970 Hercluez x4 airboss ultra  Gskill ripjaws DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD black  WD Black  Seagate ES  Custom loop  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10  Corsair k70  Super flower 1000 W plat  Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadownet
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k Asus rampage V Extreme  Inno3D GTX 970 Hercluez x4 airboss ultra  Gskill ripjaws DDR4 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD black  WD Black  Seagate ES  Custom loop  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10  Corsair k70  Super flower 1000 W plat  Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 399



This is what I get on my parent's and brother's computer. I used this tool on my computer a few weeks back. Worked as advertised on my PC.
post #117 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasty006 View Post

This is what I get on my parent's and brother's computer. I used this tool on my computer a few weeks back. Worked as advertised on my PC.

Can you navigate to C:\Windows\SysWow64 and see if it exists and then if it does see if contains cscript.exe.
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 399
For some reason mine isn't doing anything. Cannot find Path Specifid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agawthrop View Post

Can you navigate to C:\Windows\SysWow64 and see if it exists and then if it does see if contains cscript.exe.

That directory doesn't exist on either computers. They are 32bit OS is that helps.
post #119 of 399
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasty006 View Post

For some reason mine isn't doing anything. Cannot find Path Specifid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agawthrop View Post

Can you navigate to C:\Windows\SysWow64 and see if it exists and then if it does see if contains cscript.exe.

That directory doesn't exist on either computers. They are 32bit OS is that helps.
Oh. Well that's most likely the problem. Let's see what agawthrop says.
post #120 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasty006 View Post

For some reason mine isn't doing anything. Cannot find Path Specifid.
That directory doesn't exist on either computers. They are 32bit OS is that helps.

Definitely the issue. I've tweaked the code so I'll post it below. Download and run it and see if that works. Shouldn't matter now whether or not its 32 or 64 bit.

Version 4.3 Change log:
  • Eliminated reference to bit specific cscript.exe
  • Name Change to Batch Update Uninstaller
  • New icon

BatchUpdateUninstallerv4.3.1.zip 51k .zip file
Edited by agawthrop - 10/24/15 at 9:45pm
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 mini Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital Blue 1TB LG DVD Burner Windows 8.1 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Seasonic 550W Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Coding and Programming
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Coding and Programming › Batch Update Uninstaller - Uninstall Forced Win10 & Telemetry