Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning Owners Club - Page 80

post #791 of 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by truehighroller1 View Post

If you can adjust them then yes, they're enabled already because it picked up your card type. You can enable monitoring of voltages through AB which is not enabled by default to check and see if the voltages are getting set. Another way to tell easy would be to set the voltage and watch if your GPU core temp starts rising because it will with a voltage increase, oh it will be noticeable too.

I will have to fool around with it when I get back home, but thank you for all the advice smile.gif great discussion on the past few pages as well, so much useful information for beginners
post #792 of 1097
When mine gets to about 76c, the voltage and core drops from 1.2V/1.187V and 1430Mhz to 1.187V/1.175V and 1418Mhz

Why can I not just use 1.187V/1.175V and use that voltage to overclock it. However I cannot change the voltage
post #793 of 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncoguitar View Post

I will have to fool around with it when I get back home, but thank you for all the advice smile.gif great discussion on the past few pages as well, so much useful information for beginners

Yeah GPU-Z does not, report my voltage correctly but it is, getting set.

Afterburner does report it correctly but you have to enable it in the options and then enable it to be on the monitoring page as well under that section so you can see it with the core temp memory speed etc..

Also once you get everything verified and start saving profiles and get your over clocks figured out start disabling some of the monitoring like cpu usage etc that you really don't care about it helps a little and you don't need to know those things any way after a certain point.

I have tested it with a multi meter, and again you can see the temps start rising as soon as you adjust the voltage up.

Better way for me to explain the temps part perhaps. I leave everything default until I want to play a game. I will load one of my three profiles that I have saved and as soon as I click that profile and click apply the temps start creeping up a little instantly from the extra voltage.

Glad to help by the way.

I was new to this stuff way back when and loved help and information from people in the community.


thumb.gif
post #794 of 1097
Honestly I give up. An $800 graphic card should not overclocking worse than my freaking stock card. Screw off MSI, if you are gonna make a card that's so serious about overclocking, give me more than 1460 mhz stable. No amount of voltage adjustments (got it to work) stop crashing and artifacting. This is stupid.
post #795 of 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncoguitar View Post

Honestly I give up. An $800 graphic card should not overclocking worse than my freaking stock card. Screw off MSI, if you are gonna make a card that's so serious about overclocking, give me more than 1460 mhz stable. No amount of voltage adjustments (got it to work) stop crashing and artifacting. This is stupid.

You have to adjust your aux voltage down after taking the voltage up. It's almost as if it's tied to the total wattage I believe at this point.
post #796 of 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncoguitar View Post

Honestly I give up. An $800 graphic card should not overclocking worse than my freaking stock card. Screw off MSI, if you are gonna make a card that's so serious about overclocking, give me more than 1460 mhz stable. No amount of voltage adjustments (got it to work) stop crashing and artifacting. This is stupid.
The advertised feature is for you to be able to Ln2. Of course the stock cooler has OC written on it in Yellow. xD
Anyways, you just need to work that card a bit more. I found I needed to raise memory voltage to stable mine. That's actually what was holding me back, plus stock bios was garbage to me.
post #797 of 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by truehighroller1 View Post

You have to adjust your aux voltage down after taking the voltage up. It's almost as if it's tied to the total wattage I believe at this point.

Can you post some images of what you have to do, as I have done what you said and I still cannot use AUX voltage
post #798 of 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

Can you post some images of what you have to do, as I have done what you said and I still cannot use AUX voltage

Post some pictures of what you're looking at.
post #799 of 1097
Not sure why you guys don't get triple voltage, and to be honest I don't remember doing anything tricky to get it.

What I would do is uninstall all you monitoring software, you should need anything other than AB really anyway.

Reinstall AB,

enable voltage control/ monitoring

set user mode to MSI extended. (detects MSI card functions)

you should get the triple voltage adjust at this point, but you will need to go to the monitoring tab and set the things you want to monitor.

Out of curiosity, does AB say "MSI GTX 980Ti Lightning" for the device or just "GTX 980Ti"?
MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #800 of 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico67 View Post

Not sure why you guys don't get triple voltage, and to be honest I don't remember doing anything tricky to get it.

What I would do is uninstall all you monitoring software, you should need anything other than AB really anyway.

Reinstall AB,

enable voltage control/ monitoring

set user mode to MSI extended. (detects MSI card functions)

you should get the triple voltage adjust at this point, but you will need to go to the monitoring tab and set the things you want to monitor.

Out of curiosity, does AB say "MSI GTX 980Ti Lightning" for the device or just "GTX 980Ti"?

It just says GTX 980ti
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning Owners Club