Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 199

post #1981 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

V-sync ON for >100fps, which is the default when G-sync is ON. My titan X sli sometimes struggles to get 100fps in some games like GTA V. So, the real question is how is g-sync between 60 - 100fps vs v-sync between 60-100fps. The answer is G-sync is several times better than V-sync.

Yeah, this is what I was kind of going. How often cards go beyond that 100hz, and what then. Also the main thing as you pointed out is the range between 60-100, which is the range my cards with my current setup would hover most of the time
BlackPearl
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero SLI, MSI 780ti Gaming 4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x Samsung 840 2x Western Digital Caviar Black LG 10X BD-R Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator X34 Logitech Illuminated Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D R.A.T. 7 Razer Destructor Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
OtherOther
2x Behringer B2030A Truth AKG HSC271 
  hide details  
Reply
BlackPearl
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero SLI, MSI 780ti Gaming 4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x Samsung 840 2x Western Digital Caviar Black LG 10X BD-R Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator X34 Logitech Illuminated Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D R.A.T. 7 Razer Destructor Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
OtherOther
2x Behringer B2030A Truth AKG HSC271 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1982 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post

Yeah, this is what I was kind of going. How often cards go beyond that 100hz, and what then. Also the main thing as you pointed out is the range between 60-100, which is the range my cards with my current setup would hover most of the time

G-sync over 100fps: I've played SWBF with max eye candy and BF4 and my setup runs it at 100fps consistently with this monitor. I presumed G-sync clips it to 100fps-V-sync for >100fps because my fps meter reads 100 always. I've not experienced input lag in this scenario in these games (meaning that it must be very low and undetectable for me at this freq/fps).

G-sync between 60-100fps: I've played GTA V, FC4 and many others in this region and G-sync runs marvelously without lag or tearing or juddering.

I'm coming to this monitor from the two before - 1920*1200 60Hz Ips and a 1920*1080 120Hz TN
Edited by Mountainlifter - 6/18/16 at 12:37am
post #1983 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

G-sync over 100fps: I've played SWBF with max eye candy and BF4 and my setup runs it at 100fps consistently with this monitor. I presumed G-sync clips it to 100fps-V-sync for >100fps because my fps meter reads 100 always. I've not experienced input lag in this scenario in these games (meaning that it must be very low and undetectable for me at this freq/fps).

G-sync between 60-100fps: I've played GTA V, FC4 and many others in this region and G-sync runs marvelously without lag or tearing or juddering.

I'm coming to this monitor from the two before - 1920*1200 60Hz Ips and a 1920*1080 120Hz TN

Have you noticed much difference between 100hz and 120Hz, other than G-sync being damn smooth biggrin.gif

I think going from 60Hz->100Hz, is way more noticeable than going from 100->120/144. So in that regard, tearing input lag beyond 100Hz will be very different as they are in 60Hz range.
BlackPearl
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero SLI, MSI 780ti Gaming 4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x Samsung 840 2x Western Digital Caviar Black LG 10X BD-R Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator X34 Logitech Illuminated Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D R.A.T. 7 Razer Destructor Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
OtherOther
2x Behringer B2030A Truth AKG HSC271 
  hide details  
Reply
BlackPearl
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero SLI, MSI 780ti Gaming 4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x Samsung 840 2x Western Digital Caviar Black LG 10X BD-R Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator X34 Logitech Illuminated Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D R.A.T. 7 Razer Destructor Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
OtherOther
2x Behringer B2030A Truth AKG HSC271 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1984 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

How u getting one 50% off???

It's kind of a gift card thingie I have going on.
BlackPearl
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero SLI, MSI 780ti Gaming 4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x Samsung 840 2x Western Digital Caviar Black LG 10X BD-R Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator X34 Logitech Illuminated Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D R.A.T. 7 Razer Destructor Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
OtherOther
2x Behringer B2030A Truth AKG HSC271 
  hide details  
Reply
BlackPearl
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero SLI, MSI 780ti Gaming 4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1600Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x Samsung 840 2x Western Digital Caviar Black LG 10X BD-R Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer Predator X34 Logitech Illuminated Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D R.A.T. 7 Razer Destructor Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 
OtherOther
2x Behringer B2030A Truth AKG HSC271 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1985 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post

I think going from 60Hz->100Hz, is way more noticeable than going from 100->120/144. So in that regard, tearing input lag beyond 100Hz will be very different as they are in 60Hz range.
you are correct 60-> 100 is way more noticeable. And input lag at 100hz is almost have of what it is at 60.
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1986 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico67 View Post

Ok I have a slight issue. Nvidia control panel doesn't have the "Prefered Refresh Rate" option for me, and I am guessing its because I have my refresh rate set at 95hz. Trouble is now I can't use the Highest available option to overide game settings and as such I am stuck at 50hz in BDO.

Any knowledgeable persons that can confirm that the option is missing because it can't select the highest EDID of 100hz?

Also any forseeable problems in creating a custom res at 3440x1440 95hz and select that res in Nvidia control panel so it only has one refresh rate under the select res? I assume Gsync will still work fine?


The input lag is minimal, BUT IT IS THERE! make no mistake. At 100 FPS, you get floaty aim.

I solved this, by limiting the FPS to 95 in all games with rivatuner. Silky smooth gameplay, without the floaty feeling.

Try to limit your fps to 95, you should be able to notice an immediate difference.
Noname?
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k z87-A 780 GTX Kingston DDR3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Agility 3 SSD 120GB Stock cooling Windows 7 Ultimate SA700D 120hz 24'' monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 1200W Toughpower Graphite 600T Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudio
Roccat Sense Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Noname?
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k z87-A 780 GTX Kingston DDR3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Agility 3 SSD 120GB Stock cooling Windows 7 Ultimate SA700D 120hz 24'' monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 1200W Toughpower Graphite 600T Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudio
Roccat Sense Logitech 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1987 of 3066
With the new Nvidia cards you can enable "fastsync" so it works perfectly now with no frame cap... 30-99 = gsync then 100 = fastsync.

Also I just set "saturation" to 105 in the OSD, makes colors a bit more saturated, as they look a bit dull at default, but any more than about 105 and it starts to look cartoonish and wrong.
post #1988 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

With the new Nvidia cards you can enable "fastsync" so it works perfectly now with no frame cap... 30-99 = gsync then 100 = fastsync.

Also I just set "saturation" to 105 in the OSD, makes colors a bit more saturated, as they look a bit dull at default, but any more than about 105 and it starts to look cartoonish and wrong.

Yeah everyone with this display definitely should be using fastsync as you said, it's amazing...

I honestly don't get any ghosting or tearing when I play FPS', I was worried about that when switching to this monitor because I came from 144hz 1ms TN, which was smooth as silk but I see absolutely no difference except how much freakin better every game looks on the x34
post #1989 of 3066
I'm pretty bummed. Buyers remorse if you will. Yes, I have learned to live with the back light bleed, and yes, it's awesome, it's something I can't go back from. I just mistimed my purchase with the new 'a' model coming out that, from what I've read, has a far superior panel that will have little blb. I know that's the game we are in, I just wish I could have been a little more patient. Oh well, back to Primal, mammoths to kill and all...
post #1990 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetbrett View Post

I'm pretty bummed. Buyers remorse if you will. Yes, I have learned to live with the back light bleed, and yes, it's awesome, it's something I can't go back from. I just mistimed my purchase with the new 'a' model coming out that, from what I've read, has a far superior panel that will have little blb. I know that's the game we are in, I just wish I could have been a little more patient. Oh well, back to Primal, mammoths to kill and all...
But with twice the curvature. Too much IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club