Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 22

post #211 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

You guys know you can flash firmware with the Mstar ISP device, right ?I even made a thread about this but it got completely ignored by everyone. All they have to do is send you the firmware file (IF its not a gsync unit).

 

The problem is that Acer does NOT provide the firmware file at all (and this is a g-sync monitor anyway).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

No scan lines that I can see. Minor backlight bleed, but I can only see it when I have a black screen, and it's not as bad as my previous IPS. I haven't tested wake on sleep, since I never put my monitor to sleep - and honestly I probably never will.

If Acer does an official recall I won't be happy. There could be something long term that we don't know about. So I'd have to return it.

Right now, I could not be happier. This monitor is a wonder. And just in time for Fallout 4.How lucky I am.

 

They are already doing the official recall, it's not just a rumor. And since they mentioned they need to replace a piece of hardware I think the problem might get serious in the long time if they are not sent in for repairs. WFS is not exactly a big issue by itself but a mass recall makes me think there is a deeper major root issue.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by telc View Post


I bought it yesterday. It supports 21:9 fine but not at 100Hz. It won't let you choose 100Hz in the game settings. If anyone has got it running at 100Hz please let me know....

 

It supports 100 Hz but to get the option I read you have to use fullscreen window with no borders or something like that, I don't have the game to verify though.

post #212 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by -terabyte- View Post

They are already doing the official recall, it's not just a rumor.

An official recall begins with a statement released by the company of the product, along with detailed instructions as to where you go to fix your product, how long you've got to get it fixed, and what will happen to your warranty if you choose not to return your product.

To my knowledge, no such statement from Acer exists.

A representative from the company communicating instructions on the fly to a few people in a hardware thread at a forum on the Internet is NOT an official recall.

So no, Acer has not recalled this monitor.
post #213 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post


An official recall begins with a statement released by the company of the product, along with detailed instructions as to where you go to fix your product, how long you've got to get it fixed, and what will happen to your warranty if you choose not to return your product.

To my knowledge, no such statement from Acer exists.

A representative from the company communicating instructions on the fly to a few people in a hardware thread at a forum on the Internet is NOT an official recall.

So no, Acer has not recalled this monitor.

 

Think what you want then :D

 

It is also a fact that the monitor has been removed from sale on all sites I keep a look on, because of issues (Amazon included). As far as I know they never released any "official statement" (as you call it) when they made a recall to fix the blue banding issue. But that was still a recall nonetheless :p 

post #214 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by -terabyte- View Post

The problem is that Acer does NOT provide the firmware file at all (and this is a g-sync monitor anyway).


They are already doing the official recall, it's not just a rumor. And since they mentioned they need to replace a piece of hardware I think the problem might get serious in the long time if they are not sent in for repairs. WFS is not exactly a big issue by itself but a mass recall makes me think there is a deeper major root issue.



It supports 100 Hz but to get the option I read you have to use fullscreen window with no borders or something like that, I don't have the game to verify though.

Thank you for posting that. I didn't even see the discussion about black ops 3 with all the pitch forks screaming about scan lines and RMA and recalls and craziness.
post #215 of 3061
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by -terabyte- View Post

Think what you want then biggrin.gif

It is also a fact that the monitor has been removed from sale on all sites I keep a look on, because of issues (Amazon included). As far as I know they never released any "official statement" (as you call it) when they made a recall to fix the blue banding issue. But that was still a recall nonetheless tongue.gif  

No, it is not a fact that Acer has recalled this monitor.

An Acer representative communicating with somebody in the middle of a thread at a forum does not constitute a recall. There might end up being a recall, but that has not happened yet.

Some people have spent a lot of money on this monitor, and now is not the time to be playing forum games. You yourself don't own this monitor, and therefore have nothing at stake here. I, however, do. As do a few others here.

I'm perfectly happy with my monitor, but if there IS a recall then I'll have to return it, which is obviously not something I want to do. To repeat: there has been no official recall of the Predator X34. Honestly, I don't understand why people feel the need to spread false information like this.
post #216 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

-
No, it is not a fact that Acer has recalled this monitor.

An Acer representative communicating with somebody in the middle of a thread at a forum does not constitute a recall. There might end up being a recall, but that has not happened yet.

Some people have spent a lot of money on this monitor, and now is not the time to be playing forum games. You yourself don't own this monitor, and therefore have nothing at stake here. I, however, do. As do a few others here.

I'm perfectly happy with my monitor, but if there IS a recall then I'll have to return it, which is obviously not something I want to do. To repeat: there has been no official recall of the Predator X34. Honestly, I don't understand why people feel the need to spread false information like this.

 

True, I do not have it yet. I have it on pre-order and I was told Acer recalled the monitors (when I asked earlier today after waking up and reading the threads on here and Acer's forum) so they can't ship it to me yet but they have to send them all back. I don't see why you have to call it false information.

 

I was told so by the shop, the same was posted by someone working for Acer on their forum and the guy working for Microcenter confirmed they had to ship back all their monitors too even though they had just received them (along with another guy who talked to them on the phone if I recall right). Just because there isn't a news posted on their site it doesn't make it "unofficial". As I mentioned, believe what you want, I'm not gonna waste my time replying to you anymore :) 

post #217 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

-
No, it is not a fact that Acer has recalled this monitor.

An Acer representative communicating with somebody in the middle of a thread at a forum does not constitute a recall. There might end up being a recall, but that has not happened yet.

Some people have spent a lot of money on this monitor, and now is not the time to be playing forum games. You yourself don't own this monitor, and therefore have nothing at stake here. I, however, do. As do a few others here.

I'm perfectly happy with my monitor, but if there IS a recall then I'll have to return it, which is obviously not something I want to do. To repeat: there has been no official recall of the Predator X34. Honestly, I don't understand why people feel the need to spread false information like this.

After reading all the RUMOURS on this thread I contacted ACER UK as my X34 is registered with them, I expressed my concern even tho I experience no problems BUT I don't want problems in the future.

The Acer Rep assured me there is no recall, should there ever be one those who have their monitor registered will be first to know as well as official company statement on their website.

I also questioned the rumor that the sale of the monitor has been pulled for now, they also said that in the UK Acer is struggling to keep up with the demand to the stores and there is no freeze on sales.

Just for that warm fuzzy feeling I then contacted Scan UK where I purchased my X34 for clarification, they said that they are unaware of a manufacturer recall and they taken another delivery this morning as the demand is unprecedented. He pointed out there had been reports of "some" faulty units but compared to the total sold the X34 has been highly successful and at the end of the day with every piece of technology you get faulty units.

I think for now I'm happy
post #218 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansLanda007 View Post

After reading all the RUMOURS on this thread I contacted ACER UK as my X34 is registered with them, I expressed my concern even tho I experience no problems BUT I don't want problems in the future.

The Acer Rep assured me there is no recall, should there ever be one those who have their monitor registered will be first to know as well as official company statement on their website.

I also questioned the rumor that the sale of the monitor has been pulled for now, they also said that in the UK Acer is struggling to keep up with the demand to the stores and there is no freeze on sales.

Just for that warm fuzzy feeling I then contacted Scan UK where I purchased my X34 for clarification, they said that they are unaware of a manufacturer recall and they taken another delivery this morning as the demand is unprecedented. He pointed out there had been reports of "some" faulty units but compared to the total sold the X34 has been highly successful and at the end of the day with every piece of technology you get faulty units.

I think for now I'm happy

Thank you.

Finally a voice of reason.

How did you register your monitor - online? I haven't done that. Guess I'd better see about that. I thought my store receipt would be enough.
post #219 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

Thank you.

Finally a voice of reason.

How did you register your monitor - online? I haven't done that. Guess I'd better see about that. I thought my store receipt would be enough.

No problem glad I could put your mind at rest as rumor control is out is getting out of hand here and the thread is spoiled.

Just got to http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/home (or whatever your region is)

Create account under MyAcer and input your serial number under register my product, when you input the serial it should automatically switch to Predator X34. Serial Number is on the box as well as the monitor.

Your receipt would have sufficed should there ever be a recall or you send it back to the shop, but Acer would never know you own one if not registered so they would be unable to notify you of problem. I presume you would only find out from official statement.
Edited by HansLanda007 - 11/7/15 at 11:50am
post #220 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansLanda007 View Post

No problem glad I could put your mind at rest as rumor control is out is getting out of hand here and the thread is spoiled.

Just got to http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/home (or whatever your region is)

Create account under MyAcer and input your serial number under register my product, when you input the serial it should automatically switch to Predator X34. Serial Number is on the box as well as the monitor.

Your receipt would have sufficed should there ever be a recall or you send it back to the shop, but Acer would never know you own one if not registered so they would be unable to notify you of problem. I presume you would only find out from official statement.

Also appreciate you posting your experience as I was starting to get annoyed reading all this speculation about a recall that was completely unfounded.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club