Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 236

post #2351 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflatable View Post

Same here.. I am currently using a Acer XB270HU with a GTX 980Ti and I'm looking to upgrade to a 3440x1440 monitor once a GTX 1080Ti becomes available..

There's one thing I'm wondering though looking at monitors like the Acer X34.. I know the current ones have a very slight curve to them and the upcoming gen (X34P) will have a even bigger curve.. I do not know what's better or what I will prefer and since there's no shop arround here that displays these monitors so I can go test them myself I just wanna ask here to the people already owning a X34 what they think about the curve? What do they prefer and should I get a current X34A or get the new X34P when I have the choice? It's just the curve difference that has me puzzeled, as I do not really care about the different OSD-controls or garanteed 100Hz on the X34P (I'm sure any X34A will overclock to that aswell).. Right now I'm thinking of picking up a X34A even when the X34P might already be out, because I fear I might not like the bigger curve and also a little bit because the X34A will probably be a little bit less expensive then the newer X34P..

Thx!

I'm in the same boat as you haha, unless Black Friday has ridiculous deals on the X34/PG348Q I'm thinking about waiting for the X34P. I'm on an XB271HU right now and I love it, but I really want to have the best possible experience. I looked into some articles about curved monitors and I didn't really see any glaring issues. The biggest thing was that some people were having eye strain from the screen, but this can happen on a flat screen as well when you have to look to the corners. The other issue that came up was that a bigger curve can cause more distortion and that people involved in content creation would have trouble with straight lines. This doesn't really affect me, but something you may consider. Honestly I feel like curved screens are like refresh rates, some people are more sensitive and will benefit more from them. Though like others have stated, the 3800R curve is not the biggest curve and is probably not the most noticeable. Like you, I'd need to see both to truly choose a winner in that respect.

My biggest draw to the X34P would be native 100hz, however I haven't heard if this is actually a 100hz native, or just a "factory overclock." I'm just not a fan of overclocking because I'm paranoid about stressing the hardware and shortening the life of my panel.

Regardless, I think you'll be pleased with either panel, but I can understand your situation. If you have the budget and are willing to wait a while longer, then the X34P is probably the better bet. I just wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the X34P hit stores until 2017, but maybe we'll see them around Christmas or something.

EDIT: I know it's not the best option, but you could go to Acer's website and look at the standard XR series, as the XR342CK has already released and it has the 1900R curve that the X34P has. You could compare that against the XR341CK, the Free-Sync X34 and get an idea of how significant the difference is.
Edited by Mercureal - 8/27/16 at 10:31am
post #2352 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post

I'm in the same boat as you haha, unless Black Friday has ridiculous deals on the X34/PG348Q I'm thinking about waiting for the X34P. I'm on an XB271HU right now and I love it, but I really want to have the best possible experience. I looked into some articles about curved monitors and I didn't really see any glaring issues. The biggest thing was that some people were having eye strain from the screen, but this can happen on a flat screen as well when you have to look to the corners. The other issue that came up was that a bigger curve can cause more distortion and that people involved in content creation would have trouble with straight lines. This doesn't really affect me, but something you may consider. Honestly I feel like curved screens are like refresh rates, some people are more sensitive and will benefit more from them. Though like others have stated, the 3800R curve is not the biggest curve and is probably not the most noticeable. Like you, I'd need to see both to truly choose a winner in that respect.

My biggest draw to the X34P would be native 100hz, however I haven't heard if this is actually a 100hz native, or just a "factory overclock." I'm just not a fan of overclocking because I'm paranoid about stressing the hardware and shortening the life of my panel.

Regardless, I think you'll be pleased with either panel, but I can understand your situation. If you have the budget and are willing to wait a while longer, then the X34P is probably the better bet. I just wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the X34P hit stores until 2017, but maybe we'll see them around Christmas or something.

EDIT: I know it's not the best option, but you could go to Acer's website and look at the standard XR series, as the XR342CK has already released and it has the 1900R curve that the X34P has. You could compare that against the XR341CK, the Free-Sync X34 and get an idea of how significant the difference is.
P version will have a bigger curve.
post #2353 of 3066
For anyone saying that a 100hz native panel doesn't exist, I just looked at the page below. If you look, you'll see that apparently LG has a new 3440x1440 panel with 1900R curvature and 144hz refresh coming Q1 2017. Looks like this might be the panel for the X34P. Interestingly it looks to have a 14ms GTG response time as opposed to the 5ms seen on current gen models. Might be something to consider if these stats are what we see in the final product. Personally I might be more bothered by the response time and lose the benefit of the curve

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm
post #2354 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post

For anyone saying that a 100hz native panel doesn't exist, I just looked at the page below. If you look, you'll see that apparently LG has a new 3440x1440 panel with 1900R curvature and 144hz refresh coming Q1 2017. Looks like this might be the panel for the X34P. Interestingly it looks to have a 14ms GTG response time as opposed to the 5ms seen on current gen models. Might be something to consider if these stats are what we see in the final product. Personally I might be more bothered by the response time and lose the benefit of the curve

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm
They'll probably use some overdrive circuit to cut the response times.
post #2355 of 3066
Hello folks. Joining the club. Just ordered the x34 off amazon. Looking forward to gaming with it. Had an LG 3440x1440 monitor before.



It's gonna look good in my setup biggrin.gif

My latest Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 AsRock X370 TaiChi EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill 32MB 3200mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Samsung EVO Pro 512MB M2 Drive XSPC Raystorm Pro AlphaCool ST30 360 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 x6 push/pull Windows 10 Acer Predator X34 Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Inwin 909 Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Corsair MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
My latest Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 AsRock X370 TaiChi EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill 32MB 3200mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Samsung EVO Pro 512MB M2 Drive XSPC Raystorm Pro AlphaCool ST30 360 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 x6 push/pull Windows 10 Acer Predator X34 Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Inwin 909 Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Corsair MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2356 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1184 View Post

Had an LG 3440x1440 monitor before.
Didn't like the LG??
post #2357 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

Didn't like the LG??

It was a pretty good monitor. But I am ready to upgrade to 100hz and see how curved is like.

I sold the LG and am using my HP zr2740w which is a solid monitor as well.
My latest Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 AsRock X370 TaiChi EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill 32MB 3200mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Samsung EVO Pro 512MB M2 Drive XSPC Raystorm Pro AlphaCool ST30 360 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 x6 push/pull Windows 10 Acer Predator X34 Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Inwin 909 Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Corsair MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
My latest Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 AsRock X370 TaiChi EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill 32MB 3200mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Samsung EVO Pro 512MB M2 Drive XSPC Raystorm Pro AlphaCool ST30 360 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 x6 push/pull Windows 10 Acer Predator X34 Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Inwin 909 Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Corsair MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2358 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1184 View Post

It was a pretty good monitor. But I am ready to upgrade to 100hz and see how curved is like.

I sold the LG and am using my HP zr2740w which is a solid monitor as well.
Great upgrade. thumb.gif
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2359 of 3066
Damn, these things look really good. I wish I had one. Ive got a couple more weeks though. Then I get a new display.
post #2360 of 3066
The curve on the X34 is good, the monitor looks pretty much flat and there is no distortion of the image, I think if it was vc
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1184 View Post

Hello folks. Joining the club. Just ordered the x34 off amazon. Looking forward to gaming with it. Had an LG 3440x1440 monitor before.



It's gonna look good in my setup biggrin.gif


That sticker really uglies up the case lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club