Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 25

post #241 of 3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post

From my understanding you have BLB but maybe thats ok for you. I have this monitor and i believe it's similar to what i have, i will take some pictures later today, but on the dark scenes i will definitely notice the BLB on the corners.

I didnt say that i had no BLB smile.gif
post #242 of 3062
Almost no BLB? Really? Dude, I can see IPS glow all the way around the monitor border and it's not what I would call 'almost no BLB. Turn off the LED light bar on the bottom of the monitor and it would look much worse as that would make your phone camera use a larger simulated aperature opening. This is proof again that IPS glow is an individual perspective and is subjective to the individual's physiology and personal preferences. My X34 has about the same amount IPS glow, but no way would I call it "almost no BLB" biggrin.gif
post #243 of 3062
Ok lets put it like this
Its not that much and its not disturbing me smile.gif
post #244 of 3062
Hi,

I have some comments to make about the scan line scandal.

This morning while running the pendulum demo I was finally able to see what some of you guys are talking about. The scan line effect is so subtle that you have to know exactly what you're looking for. While running the pendulum demo at 45 FPS I can see almost indescribable lines, akin to the type you might see on fine writing paper. And yes this goes away when you disable G-Sync.

Here's the thing. I'll likely be using this monitor for a good three years (until the next big thing comes along - whatever that is). If this issue hadn't been pointed out to me I would happily have gone the entire three years without ever having noticed it. Yes, it's that subtle. I'm not joking when I say that I wish I hadn't read about the issue. I seriously never would've noticed it.

As soon as I saw the scan lines, I immediately started running a bunch of games to see if I could spot the lines. The only game I can actually see the scan lines in is Watch Dogs, which runs at 45 FPS maxed out on my machine. It's funny because even last night I was absolutely blown away by Watch Dogs on this monitor. Now, if I stop playing the game, and stare up at the clouds, when they're white, then I can barely make out the lines. If I look elsewhere - at buildings, say, or down at the road - I can't see the lines. I can only make them out when looking at a solid colour, and only in Watch Dogs.

If I stop searching for scan lines, all I see is smooth gameplay of the kind you rarely see, even at 60 FPS on a 60 Hz monitor.

I have two GTX 980s, btw. The issue, as everyone else has stated, goes away with higher frames, and most of my games are running in the 70-100 range. To repeat, so far, of the 40 or so triple-A games I have installed, I can only see the scan lines in Watch Dogs, and only if I stop playing and search for them.

Okay, so in my opinion, this 'issue' is likely going to separate the 'glass is half empty' people from the 'glass is half full' people. I think you understand what I'm saying here.

Is this issue the horseman of the apocalypse? Will all our Gsync modules die on us? If so, then it's a problem. If not... wow, guys, I personally would feel like a bloody fool returning this to NCIX and explaining the 'issue'.

For me personally the good outweighs the bad by a country mile here. Just my thoughts on the matter. Take 'em or leave 'em.
Edited by Mikey- - 11/8/15 at 1:16pm
post #245 of 3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

Hi,

-snip-

The lines themselves seem to vary in intensity from unit to unit. In some cases it may very well warrant an RMA.

I would argue that in any case, the issue needs to be rectified.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #246 of 3062
So I've just this minute had another look at Watch Dogs, and maybe my scan line problem isn't as pronounced as others, but if I were a salesperson, and somebody brought back a monitor for this reason, I'd think they were barking mad.

To see the scan lines I have to stop moving Aiden and stare straight at the clouds and focus my eyes on the lines, which I can barely make out. I mean, the lines are perceptible on an unmoving solid colour, but barely.

The second I start playing the game again - walking or driving around - forget about it... I can't make out the lines at all. In my other games, which all operate above 60 FPS, I'm seeing nothing - no scan lines to speak of whatsoever.

I'm not saying other people haven't got it worse than me. If they do then they need to return the monitor. But if people are seeing the exact same thing I'm seeing then I'm quite frankly shocked that this would be viewed an issue. The slight backlight bleed I have when the monitor is black is a bigger issue than this.

Well, I don't know what to say. I'll keep reading. We need to hear from everyone though. If you're a lurker, and you own this monitor, please join the forum and let us know your thoughts.
post #247 of 3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey the Bear View Post

The lines themselves seem to vary in intensity from unit to unit. In some cases it may very well warrant an RMA.

I would argue that in any case, the issue needs to be rectified.

Let me play the role of The Devil's Advocate here.

Let's suppose the scan line issue is the result of overclocking this particular panel to 100Hz. Would you want your money back?

Because I'm seeing people at this, and other forums, saying they'll be sending this monitor back and buying a non-Gsync 60 Hz panel - most people are saying they'll buy the one from Dell.

Really? A Non-Gsync panel? At 3440x1440? At 60 Hz?

So the terrible stutter that results from crappy fixed frequency displays is less of an issue than these minor scan lines that are barely noticeable? That astonishes me.

No way am I giving up G-sync at 3440x1440. And no way am I giving up 100 FPS. Fixed frequency monitors are now dead to me. They flat out suck. The associated problems are FAR more of an issue than these minor scan lines (which I'm seeing in just one game).

Again, maybe by some miracle I lucked out and got a good panel. At this point it's hard to make out how big the problem is. I just have a feeling that this is being overblown.
post #248 of 3062
Thread Starter 
that's one of the best examples ive seen of little blb.
post #249 of 3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

Acer has not made a statement of any kind about a recall.

And no, a community representative appearing in the middle of a thread to assisst customers with problems does NOT constitute a recall. Do you even know what a recall is? It's when a company issues a statement instructing customers how, where, and when, to return their defective products. No such statement exists.

Did you not read what Hans above just wrote? He contacted Acer, and they said to him, point blank, there is no recall.

And, yes, the monitor is still being sold.

Here:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009869&cm_re=Acer_predator_x34-_-24-009-869-_-Product

But that's not going to matter to you because you are determined to stir up trouble. Whichever site I link to, you're just going to say they shouldn't be selling the monitor. There is no arguing with you.

Am I saying there won't be a recall? No I am not. What I'm saying is that as of right now, November 7, 2015, there has not been a recall.

This is a serious matter. Many people like myself and Hans have X34s that are working perfectly. The last thing we want to do is send them back. If there is a recall, we'll have to send them back, since a recall would mean the monitor has serious issues.

It is absolutely clear to me that, for whatever reasons, you WANT this monitor to be defective. That you WANT us to be inconvenienced. And that you WANT to see bad things happen to people.

NOTE:

Guys, I strongly advise you to block Metros. He is not even trying to be fair or just - he is simply trying to stir the pot. I myself spent a lot of money on this monitor, and I certainly don't appreciate the antics of this individual.

So ACER saying that there was a fault at the hardware level (could reduce longevity of the monitor) then the Microcenter person saying "All ACER Predator X34 monitors are being sent back to ACER due to recall" it is a recall.

Also you can contact ACER, however how do we know they were told to say that or have no clue what is going on (like normal) ACER customer support is terrible, there are many issues to fix, so the recall was needed.

Not every has no issues, a lot of people seem to have issues with the monitor, so the recall was needed. This was a terrible release which was rushed to beat other competitors. Also the line issues is not even being fixed by the recall.

So Newegg are still selling faulty monitors even after the recall.

Also I would not say "many" people have no issues with this monitor.

Also a recall would be good because this monitor has so many issues with it.
post #250 of 3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post


Also I would not say "many" people have no issues with this monitor.

Its pretty obvious that you're against this display at a core level, otherwise there is no reason for you to keep perpetuating these comments.. However, in the case of what I quoted, what you are stating is completely irrelevant since you have nothing to back it up.

I can just as easily say that the vast majority of users have no issues at all but its entirely conjecture and not based on fact.

If you wanna keep on with your witch hunt then by all means go ahead. But don't expect level-headed and logical people to take anything you say with a shred of legitimacy.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club