Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 28

post #271 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydooby11 View Post

Its pretty obvious that you're against this display at a core level, otherwise there is no reason for you to keep perpetuating these comments.. However, in the case of what I quoted, what you are stating is completely irrelevant since you have nothing to back it up.

I can just as easily say that the vast majority of users have no issues at all but its entirely conjecture and not based on fact.

If you wanna keep on with your witch hunt then by all means go ahead. But don't expect level-headed and logical people to take anything you say with a shred of legitimacy.

How can you "easily say" when there are no statistics of how many people bought the ACER Predator X34 and how many people have issues. There could be 80 percent of people with issues or they could be 30 percent of people with issues. We do not know, however if we take the forums as an example, many people have issues with this monitor.


So let me say this, why does NCIX not have the monitor on their website anymore

Also why did a Microcenter employee say that they are sending all the monitors back to ACER

Then a few hours later, ACER say that there is a hardware level fault and the monitors need returning

Well of course ACER reps are going to say "everything is fine, no issues, no recall, this is a perfect monitor" so I would say this is a recall, to fix one issue.
Edited by Metros - 11/9/15 at 7:58am
post #272 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

Guys, please bare with me, because there's something I need to get off my chest... ever since noticing the scan lines in the pendulum demo I've been obsessed with trying to spot these lines while gaming.

I hate repeating myself, but I can't help it: out of all my games, I can literally only spot the scan lines by looking directly at the clouds in Watch Dogs - and even then I'm only seeing the lines because I know exactly what to look for.

I'm heading off to work this morning, but I woke up early and spent thirty minutes 'playing' The Witcher 3. I was really searching for scan lines. Plain and simple, The Witcher 3, maxed out, is gorgeous on this monitor, just gorgeous, and there are no visible scan lines whatsoever.

I'm not speaking for anyone else... only myself... but although I can see the lines while running the pendulum demo, in-game (at least for me) this is a complete non-issue. When I get home from work tonight I am immediately going to delete that damned pendulum demo. I wish I'd never seen the bloody thing.

Yeah...dont let it drive you nuts..Everything has quirks...ignorance is bliss tho.
post #273 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

Let me play the role of The Devil's Advocate here.

Let's suppose the scan line issue is the result of overclocking this particular panel to 100Hz. Would you want your money back?

Thought about this for a little while, and let's just say I'm unable to return my current unit. I'll try to train myself to get over it, and to ignore it when I see it and be glad I'm fortunate enough to be able to even afford something like this. How many people can enjoy something like this? Not the majority.

With that said, if I can return it and get a unit with less BLB, no wfs issue, and less noticeable scan lines then I would love to do that and will go without a monitor for a little while to do so. If the scan lines are still there, but to a lesser degree, I'd probably be happy. On the other hand if it is just as bad (if it fails the desktop grey box test), or worse, I may consider some other options when they become available.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #274 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

Other thoughts:

1) The TFT Central guys recommended RGB, brightness, and contrast values - I finally stepped away from that, and did my own thing... I like my own settings much more.

2) The onscreen display was a complete nightmare when I first started using it. Now, after two weeks, I can zip through the menu, and only ocassionally get something wrong. (I swear out loud when I push the wrong button)

3) I originally thought the lighting was a gimmick, but I'm using it now to signify whether or not Gsync is working. Red means yes. White means no. I've come to love seeing the red light on. It further illuminates my already illuminated keyboard. I just like the look of it.

4) Placement of the USB hub on the back of the monitor, where it can't be seen, or easily reached, is astonishingly my only real complaint with this monitor.

All in all, this monitor, even after two weeks, still blows me away every time I run a game. My Watch Dogs performance, in particular, is just astonishing.

Unless Acer informs us that these monitors are defective, and will break in the long run, there is no way in hell I'm returning mine. No way. In a world where there's so much poverty, and so much suffering, how privileged and spoiled I am to own something like this, and to get so much joy out of gaming. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people on the planet.

What settings do you use with regards to number 1?
I tried the TFT Central settings and personally I think their recommended settings look bloody awful.
post #275 of 3061
I can see various salt mining operations are still in full swing.

A number of days have passed in the UK since this monitor went on sale and there is still no freeze on sales, shops are still dispatching units to the end user.

What ever happened to the "recall" (however it is interpenetrated in various native tongues)?

The internet is one vast rumor monger unfortunately, to hear the things about AMD you'd think they were the spawn of Satan. Stories just go round and around. I bought one of their cards when building a PC for a friend and almost felt like I was taking their PC's life in my hand, and every time I turned it on and everything was fine with zero problems I would think, what was all the fuss about?

On non-specialist forums you'll hear any Nvidia card recommended even for those on a tight budget when an AMD option would be better value but no, never ever under any circumstances buy an AMD card. Quite often though they'll innocently proclaim an AMD CPU as being perfectly acceptable though, and that's one thing that has fallen behind Intel's offerings quite badly. Such is the Internet.

The herd mentality seems to have likewise decided that Acer is the devil's work and to shun it in future. The witch burning's have begun.
post #276 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

How can you "easily say" when there are no statistics of how many people bought the ACER Predator X34 and how many people have issues. There could be 80 percent of people with issues or they could be 30 percent of people with issues. We do not know, however if we take the forums as an example, many people have issues with this monitor.


So let me say this, why does NCIX not have the monitor on their website anymore

Also why did a Microcenter employee say that they are sending all the monitors back to ACER

Then a few hours later, ACER say that there is a hardware level fault and the monitors need returning

Well of course ACER reps are going to say "everything is fine, no issues, no recall, this is a perfect monitor" so I would say this is a recall, to fix one issue.

Do you know what a recall is? If you did you wouldn't be claiming that this is one.

A recall is when a company requests that all of their products are returned due to a potential issue with a product.. in the case of a car for example, it could be a part that is known to malfunction and so the company has to mitigate the risk and request cars be returned or taken to be repaired to fix them.

Has Acer released any such notice? NO. Have they sent notices to any owners of the x34 thus far? NO. Will they if they discover that they do need to be recalled for any reason? Absolutely.

The point of the matter is that until this point, no such recall has been announced and no matter how much you keep insisting that Acer is already in the midst of one secrectly IT DOES NOT MAKE IT SO. So please for the love of god stop perpetuating what you personally believe as some fact. Its NOT FACT.. I'm not saying that it won't turn out that they issue a recall.. its very possible they will. but until such time, all you're doing is spouting misinformation.

Lastly, Acer pulling their product from stores to have them shipped back for a repair is NOT a recall. Again, you keep insisting that it is, but you are wrong. WRONG.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
post #277 of 3061
Can you guys stop fighting?
The monitors were recalled.
Otherwise they would still be for sale.
STOP Trying to compare CARS with computers, jesus Christ...people have been using CAR analogies for the last 15 years. it's getting old now.
COMPUTERS DONT KILL PEOPLE. cars DO.
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #278 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

Can you guys stop fighting?
The monitors were recalled.
Otherwise they would still be for sale.
STOP Trying to compare CARS with computers, jesus Christ...people have been using CAR analogies for the last 15 years. it's getting old now.
COMPUTERS DONT KILL PEOPLE. cars DO.

Yet!...... computers dont kill people yet.
post #279 of 3061
Computers Kill People all the time!!!
post #280 of 3061
I must be quick and provide a link below to a guide for 21:9 and better FOV when using Ultrawide while playing Fallout 4.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160

Now I must go as I believe there is a crack team of ACER forces traveling to my location via helicopter to make me disappear and reclaim my monitor, so I heard on a forum anyway.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club