Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 275

post #2741 of 2852
I'm starting to feel really bad about my x34. I picked up a 43 inch 4k HDR TV (sony x800d) about 5 months ago and put it on my other desk and kick back in the recliner with my controller and games are absolutely gorgeous on it.. I originally got it to play HDR games but ive just been totally neglecting that beast of a monitor for months now. I know as soon as i want to play a fast paced game like a shooter or anything I like kb/m with ill be glad I have it though... nothing beats this monitor for playing shooters and stuff online. The refresh rate is killer.
post #2742 of 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitcHELLspawn View Post

I'm starting to feel really bad about my x34. I picked up a 43 inch 4k HDR TV (sony x800d) about 5 months ago and put it on my other desk and kick back in the recliner with my controller and games are absolutely gorgeous on it.. I originally got it to play HDR games but ive just been totally neglecting that beast of a monitor for months now. I know as soon as i want to play a fast paced game like a shooter or anything I like kb/m with ill be glad I have it though... nothing beats this monitor for playing shooters and stuff online. The refresh rate is killer.

I agree that most TV's have better image quality, mostly because they have higher contrast ratio, but for playing games where the gameplay is important, like online shooters or rocket league etc. the 100hz + Gsync is miles better than TV at 60hz.
Edited by Nicholars - 4/15/17 at 11:57am
post #2743 of 2852
I'd get a 4K HDR TV for gaming if they got it to <20ms latency, ~10 bring ideal.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2744 of 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskowitz View Post

I'd get a 4K HDR TV for gaming if they got it to <20ms latency, ~10 bring ideal.

Hmm I find anything under about 35ms acceptable for single player type games, for competitive type you need the HZ.

Will be good though when all TV's have 120hz HFR and Async, then you can basically just get a TV and use it as a PC monitor. Some TV's you can also use BFI in game mode, so 120hz HFR + Async + BFI + HDR TV, would be much better than any monitor currently available.
Edited by Nicholars - 4/17/17 at 7:26am
post #2745 of 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Hmm I find anything under about 35ms acceptable for single player type games, for competitive type you need the HZ.

Will be good though when all TV's have 120hz HFR and Async, then you can basically just get a TV and use it as a PC monitor. Some TV's you can also use BFI in game mode, so 120hz HFR + Async + BFI + HDR TV, would be much better than any monitor currently available.

I agree. This could really shake up the monitor and PC market. Especially if the next console cycle fully supports HFR (Scorpio already does). I would muuuuch rather own 1 display.

That would put a lot of pressure on Nvidia as well since they would be the only game in town not supporting HFR.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2746 of 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskowitz View Post

I agree. This could really shake up the monitor and PC market. Especially if the next console cycle fully supports HFR (Scorpio already does). I would muuuuch rather own 1 display.

That would put a lot of pressure on Nvidia as well since they would be the only game in town not supporting HFR.

I think when HDMI 2.1 and there are a lot of 120hz Async TV's about, Nvidia will pretty much have to support Adaptive sync. Not sure why they don't now really, people would still get Gsync monitors because currently Gsync is better than freesync.
post #2747 of 2852
Hi, I'm experiencing horizontal lines across the screen with GSYNC enabled when playing World of Warcraft. Anyone else having this issue? It goes away when I use the in-game Windowed mode option but then I have the title bar showing on the top of the screen and bottom, very distracting.
Edited by Radtech51 - 4/19/17 at 12:19pm
post #2748 of 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtech51 View Post

Hi, I'm experiencing Vertical lines across the screen with GSYNC enabled when playing World of Warcraft. Anyone else having this issue? It goes away when I use the in-game Windowed mode option but then I have the title bar showing on the top of the screen and bottom, very distracting.

Do you have x34 or x34a?
post #2749 of 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtech51 View Post

Hi, I'm experiencing horizontal lines across the screen with GSYNC enabled when playing World of Warcraft. Anyone else having this issue? It goes away when I use the in-game Windowed mode option but then I have the title bar showing on the top of the screen and bottom, very distracting.

Every x34 and 34a has those lines, they are called Scanlines, shown usually at lower fps with Gsync and 100hz overlock.

It varies from monitor to monitor how strong they are. My own had absolutely horrific lines which could be seen up to 1 metre in Gsync Pendulum demo and it made monitor utterly useless piece of junk. Now I will try getting another and praying that it wont have such bad lines.

What i heard is that good units only produce lines slighty in Pendlum demo and they are no where else or allmost impossible to spot else.
post #2750 of 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak119 View Post

Do you have x34 or x34a?

On the box it just says X34. What's the difference?
I just picked mine up recently on Amazon it should be the newest I believe? Says made in February 2017
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club