Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 278

post #2771 of 2848
I got second x34a, this time no noticeable bleed or glow, scanlines which killed my first monitor are much much smaller and very hard to spot else than pendelum demo, great.

However this only clocks stable to 95hz, should i settle for this or hunt for 100hz.... Ill admit that missing 5hz nags me little bit cause i allways aim for perfect but missing 5hz is smallest problem there is, heavy scanlines kills the monitor and allso major bleed too so if i get new which goes to 100hz but has issues stated before its much more worse than having 95hz monitor w/o other issues.
post #2772 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agueybana_II View Post

Did they had any issues? I see Amazon has them listed for 1020.38. I'm thinking about picking one up. Not sure if it will drop more since the X34p is coming soon.

Stableb100hz. Minimal bleed, not noticable. No scanlines outside of gsync demo. No coil whine.


They are beautiful. Also, x34p is not coming soon. It was removed from the product roadmap.
post #2773 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by R432 View Post

I got second x34a, this time no noticeable bleed or glow, scanlines which killed my first monitor are much much smaller and very hard to spot else than pendelum demo, great.

However this only clocks stable to 95hz, should i settle for this or hunt for 100hz.... Ill admit that missing 5hz nags me little bit cause i allways aim for perfect but missing 5hz is smallest problem there is, heavy scanlines kills the monitor and allso major bleed too so if i get new which goes to 100hz but has issues stated before its much more worse than having 95hz monitor w/o other issues.
You will never notice the 5Hz refresh difference, I would keep it.
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2774 of 2848
keep the 95hz one!
VagDestroyer
(19 items)
 
I like Boobs
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6850K @ 4.5Mhz MSI x99A Carbon Pro EVGA 1080 SC Corsair Vengeance LED (red) 3200 - 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 256GB Evo M2 Samsung 950 evo 500GB x 2, Steam and Origin drives Muskin Reactor 1TB x 4 EK Predator 360 with EK GPU full block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64x Acer Predator 34x 100hz Roccat TKL pro EVGA G3 1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Be Quiet! 900 pro Roccat Tyon Roccat Aluminac Creative ZxR 
AudioAudioOther
Monoprice 8" studio monitors Senn HD800 pros HTC Vive VR 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x MSI X99 Xpower AC EVGA 980TI SC EVGA 980TI SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX DDR4 2800 Crucial M550 512gb Samsung M.2 XP941 256gb Samsung 840 pro 512gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston hyper X 240gb WD Red 2TB x 2 LG blu-ray burner Custom Water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Acer x34 Predator Roccat Ryos Pro TKL Corsaix AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs STH10 Roccat Kone XTD Roccat Alumic double sided Creative ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
VagDestroyer
(19 items)
 
I like Boobs
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6850K @ 4.5Mhz MSI x99A Carbon Pro EVGA 1080 SC Corsair Vengeance LED (red) 3200 - 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 256GB Evo M2 Samsung 950 evo 500GB x 2, Steam and Origin drives Muskin Reactor 1TB x 4 EK Predator 360 with EK GPU full block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64x Acer Predator 34x 100hz Roccat TKL pro EVGA G3 1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Be Quiet! 900 pro Roccat Tyon Roccat Aluminac Creative ZxR 
AudioAudioOther
Monoprice 8" studio monitors Senn HD800 pros HTC Vive VR 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x MSI X99 Xpower AC EVGA 980TI SC EVGA 980TI SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX DDR4 2800 Crucial M550 512gb Samsung M.2 XP941 256gb Samsung 840 pro 512gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston hyper X 240gb WD Red 2TB x 2 LG blu-ray burner Custom Water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Acer x34 Predator Roccat Ryos Pro TKL Corsaix AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs STH10 Roccat Kone XTD Roccat Alumic double sided Creative ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2775 of 2848
Hey guys ,

So i got the monitor , 100 hz , No dead pixels , Very minimum ips glow , Inside games u can't even see . I was worrying about that too much .

Just wanted to know If Nvidia g sync Logo is coming when i boot monitor is it active ?
post #2776 of 2848
So im thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these today. How's the quality control on these bad boys lately?
Republic Of Green
(10 items)
 
parvum r1.0
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k asus maximus VII formula evga 980 ti sc evga 980 ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill trident  samsung 850 pro samsung 850 pro custom loop 
PowerCase
corsair ax1200i Corsair 900d 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700k asus maximus viii gene Evga 1080 sc evga 1080 sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
gskill ddr4 3200 samsung 960 pro m.2 samsung 850 pro samsung 850 evo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Custom loop windows 10 Acer x34 predator  evga p2 1000w 
Case
Parvum r1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Republic Of Green
(10 items)
 
parvum r1.0
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k asus maximus VII formula evga 980 ti sc evga 980 ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill trident  samsung 850 pro samsung 850 pro custom loop 
PowerCase
corsair ax1200i Corsair 900d 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700k asus maximus viii gene Evga 1080 sc evga 1080 sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
gskill ddr4 3200 samsung 960 pro m.2 samsung 850 pro samsung 850 evo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Custom loop windows 10 Acer x34 predator  evga p2 1000w 
Case
Parvum r1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2777 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by lever2stacks View Post

So im thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these today. How's the quality control on these bad boys lately?

I'd say 25% chance of getting a perfect one on your first go, >50% having one minor issue but nothing deal breaking, and <25% getting one with multiple issues worth an RMA. That's kinda out of my buttocks, but there isn't exactly hard data on this.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2778 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskowitz View Post

I'd say 25% chance of getting a perfect one on your first go, >50% having one minor issue but nothing deal breaking, and <25% getting one with multiple issues worth an RMA. That's kinda out of my buttocks, but there isn't exactly hard data on this.

Thanks that's what I was afraid of frown.gif I'm not really stoked to throw that much money out for something that has that much problems.
Republic Of Green
(10 items)
 
parvum r1.0
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k asus maximus VII formula evga 980 ti sc evga 980 ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill trident  samsung 850 pro samsung 850 pro custom loop 
PowerCase
corsair ax1200i Corsair 900d 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700k asus maximus viii gene Evga 1080 sc evga 1080 sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
gskill ddr4 3200 samsung 960 pro m.2 samsung 850 pro samsung 850 evo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Custom loop windows 10 Acer x34 predator  evga p2 1000w 
Case
Parvum r1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Republic Of Green
(10 items)
 
parvum r1.0
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k asus maximus VII formula evga 980 ti sc evga 980 ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill trident  samsung 850 pro samsung 850 pro custom loop 
PowerCase
corsair ax1200i Corsair 900d 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700k asus maximus viii gene Evga 1080 sc evga 1080 sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
gskill ddr4 3200 samsung 960 pro m.2 samsung 850 pro samsung 850 evo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Custom loop windows 10 Acer x34 predator  evga p2 1000w 
Case
Parvum r1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2779 of 2848
I'd say its more like 95% chance you'll get one that is perfectly acceptable. The chance of getting one with no BLB is <1%.

I ordered a couple of amazon to compare, they both hit 100hz easily, no coil whine, no scanlines (minimal in gsync demo if you realllllly look closely). Minor BLB in the top left and top right corners.

The second unit was better. Both are November 2016 build dates.

Obviously, all of this is anecdotal based on what I've seen posted here and on other forums.
post #2780 of 2848
Yeah this makes me feel better, I planned on buying it reguardless. I can deal with blb as long as it's not horendous. Hitting 100Hz, scanlines and coil whine was more my worries.
Republic Of Green
(10 items)
 
parvum r1.0
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k asus maximus VII formula evga 980 ti sc evga 980 ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill trident  samsung 850 pro samsung 850 pro custom loop 
PowerCase
corsair ax1200i Corsair 900d 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700k asus maximus viii gene Evga 1080 sc evga 1080 sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
gskill ddr4 3200 samsung 960 pro m.2 samsung 850 pro samsung 850 evo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Custom loop windows 10 Acer x34 predator  evga p2 1000w 
Case
Parvum r1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Republic Of Green
(10 items)
 
parvum r1.0
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k asus maximus VII formula evga 980 ti sc evga 980 ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill trident  samsung 850 pro samsung 850 pro custom loop 
PowerCase
corsair ax1200i Corsair 900d 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700k asus maximus viii gene Evga 1080 sc evga 1080 sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
gskill ddr4 3200 samsung 960 pro m.2 samsung 850 pro samsung 850 evo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Custom loop windows 10 Acer x34 predator  evga p2 1000w 
Case
Parvum r1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club