Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 4

post #31 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey the Bear View Post

Diablo 3 can only be played at 3440x1440 in Windowed Fullscreen mode, which makes GSYNC not work, and results in the game being very jittery. Alternatively you can play it in 2560x1440 21:9, with GSYNC but the image is stretched. Funny considering early images of this monitor had the D3 ROS image on them. smile.gif

Does turning on GSync for windowed mode not work or is there something up with the newer/hotfix drivers?

Money Pit
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X ASUS Rampage V Extreme EVGA Titan X G. Skill Ripjaws 4 3000mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 840 Evo WD Blue 7200RPM Crucial MX100 512GB ASUS CD/DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 8.1 64Bit ASUS PG278Q BenQ BL3201PH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 MX Blue  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300W PSU Phanteks Enthoo Primo Razer Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus  Vanatoo Transparent One 
  hide details  
Reply
Money Pit
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X ASUS Rampage V Extreme EVGA Titan X G. Skill Ripjaws 4 3000mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 840 Evo WD Blue 7200RPM Crucial MX100 512GB ASUS CD/DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 8.1 64Bit ASUS PG278Q BenQ BL3201PH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 MX Blue  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300W PSU Phanteks Enthoo Primo Razer Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus  Vanatoo Transparent One 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 3066
I can do it but it turns my FPS and Hz clock down.
post #33 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikaru View Post

Does turning on GSync for windowed mode not work or is there something up with the newer/hotfix drivers?


Tried that and it didn't work. I think there is an issue with Diablo itself and vsync in windowed mode. Only tried with the latest hotfix drivers, but gsync does work fine under fullscreen, but then 3440x1440 isn't an option.

The refresh rate counter is stuck at 100hz to confirm GSYNC isn't working.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 3066

The latest couple of drivers from Nvidia are really bugged imo. We need to either wait for a new working version or use older drivers.

post #35 of 3066
Anyone using the HDMI to plug a gaming console in ?

I'd like to know if you the 50Hz limitation only apply to the native resolution and if you can get 60 hz with a 1080p source.
post #36 of 3066
My X34 is arriving in the post tomorrow.

Quick question.

This will be my first Gsync monitor and i was wondering if i leave vsync enabled in nvidia control panel ?
post #37 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve101 View Post

My X34 is arriving in the post tomorrow.

Quick question.

This will be my first Gsync monitor and i was wondering if i leave vsync enabled in nvidia control panel ?

I suggest to do these 2 thing in this order
1) install Monitor drivers taken from ACER site
2) do a clean reinstall of the Nvidia drivers

Nvidia drivers will set Vsync FORCED on after detecting the monitor with Gsync module

and you are ready to go !
post #38 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethorMorgan View Post

I suggest to do these 2 thing in this order
1) install Monitor drivers taken from ACER site
2) do a clean reinstall of the Nvidia drivers

Nvidia drivers will set Vsync FORCED on after detecting the monitor with Gsync module

and you are ready to go !

Are the monitor drivers from Acer necessary?

I have an issue with Witcher 3 where I will start with high framerate and gsync on, and then the framerate per second will literally tick down to like 30-40 and then hover there. if I restart the game its back up at 60-70 and then slowly ticks down after a few moments.. not sure what the deal is, never had an issue with my previous monitor.

Wonder if the monitor drivers could be a requirement? Hadn't even thought about them. This is happening with a fresh 355.80 install.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
post #39 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydooby11 View Post

Are the monitor drivers from Acer necessary?

I have an issue with Witcher 3 where I will start with high framerate and gsync on, and then the framerate per second will literally tick down to like 30-40 and then hover there. if I restart the game its back up at 60-70 and then slowly ticks down after a few moments.. not sure what the deal is, never had an issue with my previous monitor.

Wonder if the monitor drivers could be a requirement? Hadn't even thought about them. This is happening with a fresh 355.80 install.

the frame rate drops while gaming or comparing Witcher start menu vs Geralt gaming ?

in the latter case, it is normal. the menu has almost none graphics (I have 70 fps in menu and 44 with Geralt walking around)
post #40 of 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethorMorgan View Post

the frame rate drops while gaming or comparing Witcher start menu vs Geralt gaming ?

in the latter case, it is normal. the menu has almost none graphics (I have 70 fps in menu and 44 with Geralt walking around)

In game.

I will load up a save and be in a tavern. Just standing there no movement at all. Framerate at 60-70fps.

Tick tick tick tick.. per second, the framerate just ticks down, 59, 58, 57, 56.. all the way down to 35-40. Close to menu. Reopen, same spot - back at 60-70. Then ticks down again. Its super weird.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club