Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 56

post #551 of 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by harower View Post

I live in Australia. Melbourne.

I have returned the x34 Predator 3 times now. I am on my 4th screen. Each time I do this I have to wait 1 week for the pc testers to confirm my claims. Each time they get angrier and angrier. They now refuse to serve my return.

What the hell is this lines I see in all my games. This is a 3k resolution screen. Why does it look so pixalated?

I have tried 5 new cables, 3 different video cards. Three seperate computers and even 2 different sign wave UPS just to be sure.

Every game I play looks like a low bit color mess.

Screenshots on Imgur below.
http://imgur.com/a/HcOEb


I see the above on everything, I see this on the box I'm currently typing this post on. Even on pure white.


Forget the bad IPS glow, Forget the backlight bleed in each corner on every screen.

This is a $1900 AU screen. Why does it look like crap for the thing it was designed for? Gaming.

You are on the 4th monitor and each monitor had these lines? This definitely looks like a bad TCON board issue; something that can be fixed by replacing the TCON which is a common fix any electornics technician can do. What is surprising is that all of your 4 different units had this issue which is really unbelievable or I really misunderstood your post and only your 4th monitor has this problem.

EDIT: to be sure, your lines are very different from the scanlines problem.
post #552 of 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

You are on the 4th monitor and each monitor had these lines? This definitely looks like a bad TCON board issue; something that can be fixed by replacing the TCON which is a common fix any electornics technician can do. What is surprising is that all of your 4 different units had this issue which is really unbelievable or I really misunderstood your post and only your 4th monitor has this problem.

EDIT: to be sure, your lines are very different from the scanlines problem.

Nope, I have sent the screen back for "DOA" RMA claim 3 times. A week later they approve it and I go pick up a new one and unpack it.

I know they are new because I take note of the box serial numbers and also the fact everything is factory sealed including the bags, and little plastic wraps and stickers are on. Also only 1 of the 4 was able to hit 100hz. The others could only hit 95hz. My current one can not.
post #553 of 3056
Thread Starter 
how about learn your lesson and try different options?
post #554 of 3056
Thread Starter 
lol so I was banned for the 4th time on the acer forums today. For this reason- You have been banned from the Acer community as of Nov.25, 2015 for violation of the guidelines on content that does not contribute to the purpose of the community.

lol they are just sad.

Someone asked me a question, I replied that my monitor was becoming worse as time passed and thankfully my ban from ACER forums prompted me to return my monitor for a full refund by seeing how community moderators who are supposed to be helping are actually changing posts if not totally deleting them to fit their agenda. I know because my posts were changed and deleted. I'm sure many other have had this happen too.

Fact is that the PROBLEMS with X34 thread on the acer forum is hurting sales. I'm glad it is. My defect video is also hurting them which I will leave up even though I don't have the monitor anymore.thumb.gif
post #555 of 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfordcobra View Post

lol so I was banned for the 4th time on the acer forums today. For this reason- You have been banned from the Acer community as of Nov.25, 2015 for violation of the guidelines on content that does not contribute to the purpose of the community.

lol they are just sad.

Someone asked me a question, I replied that my monitor was becoming worse as time passed and thankfully my ban from ACER forums prompted me to return my monitor for a full refund by seeing how community moderators who are supposed to be helping are actually changing posts if not totally deleting them to fit their agenda. I know because my posts were changed and deleted. I'm sure many other have had this happen too.

Fact is that the PROBLEMS with X34 thread on the acer forum is hurting sales. I'm glad it is. My defect video is also hurting them which I will leave up even though I don't have the monitor anymore.thumb.gif

Nice. +Rep. Serves those evil, selfish people right. (Yes I'm salty because I'm tired of evil people getting away with the crap they pull for greed)
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #556 of 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by harower View Post

I live in Australia. Melbourne.

I have returned the x34 Predator 3 times now. I am on my 4th screen. Each time I do this I have to wait 1 week for the pc testers to confirm my claims. Each time they get angrier and angrier. They now refuse to serve my return.

What the hell is this lines I see in all my games. This is a 3k resolution screen. Why does it look so pixalated?

I have tried 5 new cables, 3 different video cards. Three seperate computers and even 2 different sign wave UPS just to be sure.

Every game I play looks like a low bit color mess.

Screenshots on Imgur below.
http://imgur.com/a/HcOEb


I see the above on everything, I see this on the box I'm currently typing this post on. Even on pure white.


Forget the bad IPS glow, Forget the backlight bleed in each corner on every screen.

This is a $1900 AU screen. Why does it look like crap for the thing it was designed for? Gaming.


You ordered from PCCasegear?
post #557 of 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by harower View Post

Nope, I have sent the screen back for "DOA" RMA claim 3 times. A week later they approve it and I go pick up a new one and unpack it.

I know they are new because I take note of the box serial numbers and also the fact everything is factory sealed including the bags, and little plastic wraps and stickers are on. Also only 1 of the 4 was able to hit 100hz. The others could only hit 95hz. My current one can not.
Hi, where are you buying your monitors from?
V 5 - Caselabs
(17 items)
 
V4
(18 items)
 
V3
(3 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus VII Formula EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 AHCI  Crucial MX 100 WD red Seagate 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom watercooling loop Asus ROG swift PG279Q Corsair k95 RGB MEchanical keyboard Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Black logitech G502 Proteus  Razer firefly and corsair XXL Keyboard mouse mat. Swan M50w 2.1 channel sound system 
Audio
Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k maximus VII formula Watchdogs GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX 100 512GB WD red 3TB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Samsung 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Primochill water cooling gear with EK waterblocks Windows 8.1 Dell 24" ultrasharp Corsair Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX 860i Corsair 900D Logitech proteus G502 Roccat Raivo 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar Phoebus Swan M50w 2.1 speaker system 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus 6 Formula AC3 R9 290X 
  hide details  
Reply
V 5 - Caselabs
(17 items)
 
V4
(18 items)
 
V3
(3 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus VII Formula EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 AHCI  Crucial MX 100 WD red Seagate 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom watercooling loop Asus ROG swift PG279Q Corsair k95 RGB MEchanical keyboard Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Black logitech G502 Proteus  Razer firefly and corsair XXL Keyboard mouse mat. Swan M50w 2.1 channel sound system 
Audio
Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k maximus VII formula Watchdogs GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX 100 512GB WD red 3TB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Samsung 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Primochill water cooling gear with EK waterblocks Windows 8.1 Dell 24" ultrasharp Corsair Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX 860i Corsair 900D Logitech proteus G502 Roccat Raivo 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar Phoebus Swan M50w 2.1 speaker system 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus 6 Formula AC3 R9 290X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #558 of 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreize View Post

You ordered from PCCasegear?

No Melbourne's cheaper but harder to deal with seller which is very close to where I live. The much known and sometimes hated CPL. Strangely though, I have always had a good experience with them, even with past returns. They are a little slow but they deal with some hard to deal with customers. I walk into the store to see people yelling at the service desk. But they have always been OK for me to deal with if you don't 'be a dick to them, they don't be a dick to you. They are a nickle and dime company, so it makes sense that they would start to get annoyed that I keep coming back with the same **** for them to deal with.

Anyhow the Screen isn't their fault. I can see how they would want to stop selling it if I'm the sort of customer who doesn't just shrug and go "oh well its a faulty $1900 monitor" Its a bad product for them to sell.


As for the guy above who said I should learn my lesson and stop buying this monitor. Why? I would like this monitor performing as advertised and as reviewed. I feel that's an OK thing to want and is OK to be disappointed on regarding its price.
Edited by harower - 11/26/15 at 5:14pm
post #559 of 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by harower View Post

No Melbourne's cheaper but harder to deal with seller which is very close to where I live. The much known and sometimes hated CPL. Strangely though, I have always had a good experience with them, even with past returns. They are a little slow but they deal with some hard to deal with customers. I walk into the store to see people yelling at the service desk. But they have always been OK for me to deal with if you don't 'be a dick to them, they don't be a dick to you. They are a nickle and dime company, so it makes sense that they would start to get annoyed that I keep coming back with the same **** for them to deal with.

Anyhow the Screen isn't their fault. I can see how they would want to stop selling it if I'm the sort of customer who doesn't just shrug and go "oh well its a faulty $1900 monitor" Its a bad product for them to sell.


As for the guy above who said I should learn my lesson and stop buying this monitor. Why? I would like this monitor performing as advertised and as reviewed. I feel that's an OK thing to want and is OK to be disappointed on regarding its price.

I'd stay away from CPL, their RMA sucks if you try for it after the DOA 15 day period.
V 5 - Caselabs
(17 items)
 
V4
(18 items)
 
V3
(3 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus VII Formula EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 AHCI  Crucial MX 100 WD red Seagate 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom watercooling loop Asus ROG swift PG279Q Corsair k95 RGB MEchanical keyboard Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Black logitech G502 Proteus  Razer firefly and corsair XXL Keyboard mouse mat. Swan M50w 2.1 channel sound system 
Audio
Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k maximus VII formula Watchdogs GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX 100 512GB WD red 3TB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Samsung 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Primochill water cooling gear with EK waterblocks Windows 8.1 Dell 24" ultrasharp Corsair Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX 860i Corsair 900D Logitech proteus G502 Roccat Raivo 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar Phoebus Swan M50w 2.1 speaker system 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus 6 Formula AC3 R9 290X 
  hide details  
Reply
V 5 - Caselabs
(17 items)
 
V4
(18 items)
 
V3
(3 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus VII Formula EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 AHCI  Crucial MX 100 WD red Seagate 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom watercooling loop Asus ROG swift PG279Q Corsair k95 RGB MEchanical keyboard Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Black logitech G502 Proteus  Razer firefly and corsair XXL Keyboard mouse mat. Swan M50w 2.1 channel sound system 
Audio
Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k maximus VII formula Watchdogs GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX 100 512GB WD red 3TB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Samsung 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Primochill water cooling gear with EK waterblocks Windows 8.1 Dell 24" ultrasharp Corsair Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX 860i Corsair 900D Logitech proteus G502 Roccat Raivo 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar Phoebus Swan M50w 2.1 speaker system 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus 6 Formula AC3 R9 290X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #560 of 3056
Regarding Acer's website:

I posted about the problems I've had with monitor, and mine were the same problems most others were having. My posts went un-edited, and stand exactly as I wrote them.

Nor was I banned from the website.

If you act like a jerk, then you're going to be treated like a jerk. The Acer moderators aren't going to allow abusive language, nor are they going to allow people to post in an antagonistic abusive fashion. If you bully people at that forum, then you're going to pay the penalty. They expect you to act like an adult - not an abusive 13-year-old male.
Edited by Mikey- - 11/27/15 at 12:44am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club