Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 74

post #731 of 3061
What do you guys reckon, order myself one of these, or wait until after CES to see if any news arises about the ASUS equivalent?
Behemoth
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme Titan X Pascal Corsair Vengeance LPX [16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB Synology NAS [10 drives] Custom loop [mostly EKWB] Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS PG279Q Dell UltraSharp UP2716D Das Keyboard Professional 4 Corsair HX1200i 
CaseMouseOtherOther
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Rode NT-USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Behemoth
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x Rampage V Extreme Titan X Pascal Corsair Vengeance LPX [16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB Synology NAS [10 drives] Custom loop [mostly EKWB] Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS PG279Q Dell UltraSharp UP2716D Das Keyboard Professional 4 Corsair HX1200i 
CaseMouseOtherOther
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Rode NT-USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #732 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0necold View Post

Guys is this the one to get or is the LG one alright if i'm running 2 980ti's?

The G-Sync thing is confusing to me-- but these monitors look sick and I want one.

I'd recommend the G-sync one since as time goes on the games will get more demanding and G-sync will be a great help for when the frame rate dips. Theoretically a g-sync monitor may allow for your 980 ti's to last longer.
post #733 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyaena View Post

What do you guys reckon, order myself one of these, or wait until after CES to see if any news arises about the ASUS equivalent?

I'm thinking the same. By mid Jan. I'll have enough saved up to get the X34 but the news on the ASUS will probably be out by then. But I expect that it may be hard to get the ASUS due to demand that has been built up. I'm not convinced that the QA on ASUS will be better than Acer. Just look at the discussion on the pg279q. So many people waited for that because of the issues with the Acer xb270HU and look at how the ASUS did.

All I'm hoping for is a price break by the time I can purchase one of these. Will use a new Capital one card possibly to reduce the overall cost by the cash back and one time $100 cash back for purchases over $500 in 3 months. Paid back immediately. thumb.gif
post #734 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0necold View Post

Guys is this the one to get or is the LG one alright if i'm running 2 980ti's?

The G-Sync thing is confusing to me-- but these monitors look sick and I want one.

With two 980 Ti's, get the X34. 3440x1440@60 is a pushover for two of those cards, you will definitely benefit from the higher refresh.
post #735 of 3061
Thread Starter 
I wouldn't say pushover. 3340x1440@100 comparable to 4k@60 but slightly easier to push. You aren't gonna get any headroom with SLI 980TIs. Any AAA game that was released this year will put both those cards to 90-99% use if the SLI profile isn't a turd if you want to maintain 100fps. (if you even can with max settings)

There's not a person here that can run GTA5 at 100FPS with max settings driving in the city going 90mph. (hands down best SLI profile of the year) 2 980tis won't do it, 3 or 4 wont either. Pascal titans or 1080s (w/e they decide to number) in SLI will most likely guarantee headroom but there's no GPU out there now that offers that currently.

I'd say that 2 titanXs or 2 980tis is the right match as far as tech goes at this point in time. Anything else would be underpowered and might benefit more from a 60hz 3340x1440 screen.
post #736 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techenthused73 View Post

I'm thinking the same. By mid Jan. I'll have enough saved up to get the X34 but the news on the ASUS will probably be out by then. But I expect that it may be hard to get the ASUS due to demand that has been built up. I'm not convinced that the QA on ASUS will be better than Acer. Just look at the discussion on the pg279q. So many people waited for that because of the issues with the Acer xb270HU and look at how the ASUS did.

All I'm hoping for is a price break by the time I can purchase one of these. Will use a new Capital one card possibly to reduce the overall cost by the cash back and one time $100 cash back for purchases over $500 in 3 months. Paid back immediately. thumb.gif

Do not compare a AU Optronics (ACER) panel with the LG panel. The LG panel has much better QC which is why there is not much backlight bleed, IPS glow and dead pixels on it. However the AU Optronics one has awful QC which is why it has so many problems. That is why the ASUS PG279Q some problems.
post #737 of 3061
Anybody here play a lot of driving simulators with this new Ultra Wide Screen? What kind of FPS are you getting in games like rFactor2, Dirt Rally, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa. etc.. How is the cockpit view with the 21:9 screen? Is it so much better than 16:9? I am running a single Titan X overclocked with the Acer XB270HU. Really tempted to make the jump.. but would probably need another Titan in SLI and that monitor is not cheap.. Is dropping the FPS is worth it for a bigger wider screen? biggrin.gif
post #738 of 3061
Would also like to hear some opinions, as racing sims are what I play almost exclusively. Tempted to ditch my triple screen setup to save some space.
post #739 of 3061
Got my X34 all set up today. The banding issue isn't bad for me and I can't notice any bad blacklight issues. I can get 100Hz in Windows, but in a game it gets flickery. 95Hz seems to work fine.

Most all reviews say they have no problem hitting 100Hz, so in a way it sucks because Acer makes it sound like it's not going to be an issue hitting 100Hz. My 980s can hold 100 FPS in most games, but that 95 in FRAPS at the top right just bugs knowing that it should be up at 100.

Any chance I might have better luck if I get a thicker displayport cable? Any tricks that might work to get it stable at 100Hz?

Thanks!
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5930K Rampage V Extreme GTX 980 GTX 980 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
GTX 980 GSkill 32gb F4-2800C16Q-32GRK Intel 750 400gb Custom Watercooling with XSPC Blocks 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 Topre Type Heaven EVGA Supernova 1300w G2 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 900D Logitech G602 XTrack Pads Ripper XXL Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5930K Rampage V Extreme GTX 980 GTX 980 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
GTX 980 GSkill 32gb F4-2800C16Q-32GRK Intel 750 400gb Custom Watercooling with XSPC Blocks 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 Topre Type Heaven EVGA Supernova 1300w G2 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 900D Logitech G602 XTrack Pads Ripper XXL Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #740 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGSPro View Post

Got my X34 all set up today. The banding issue isn't bad for me and I can't notice any bad blacklight issues. I can get 100Hz in Windows, but in a game it gets flickery. 95Hz seems to work fine.

Most all reviews say they have no problem hitting 100Hz, so in a way it sucks because Acer makes it sound like it's not going to be an issue hitting 100Hz. My 980s can hold 100 FPS in most games, but that 95 in FRAPS at the top right just bugs knowing that it should be up at 100.

Any chance I might have better luck if I get a thicker displayport cable? Any tricks that might work to get it stable at 100Hz?

Thanks!

 

The issue is with the panel itself, the included DP cable with the monitor is already a good one (someone checked it a while back) and the only issue with it is that it is short. Changing cable won't likely fix anything.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club