Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 86

post #851 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGSPro View Post


Who knows how accurate his recalled memory was though. He said the X34 was 75Hz out of the box, but it's 60Hz.

 

He must have confused it with the FreeSync version which is indeed 75 Hz out of the box. Or do I remember wrong myself? :p

post #852 of 3061
Isn't 3440x1440p at 109Hz the maximum threshold for DP 1.2?
post #853 of 3061
Got mine all set up today. It's beautiful! Gaming is awesome!

100FPS is no problem. No dead pixels. Great picture. Love it.
The Other Woman
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k MSI MPower Asus Strix 980TI 16GB 2666mhz C13 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung XP941 Samsung EVO 850 500 GB XSPC AX360 with Gentle Typhoon Fans Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus Predator X34 EVGA B2 750 Corsair 780t 
  hide details  
Reply
The Other Woman
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k MSI MPower Asus Strix 980TI 16GB 2666mhz C13 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung XP941 Samsung EVO 850 500 GB XSPC AX360 with Gentle Typhoon Fans Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
Asus Predator X34 EVGA B2 750 Corsair 780t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #854 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanwcm View Post

Isn't 3440x1440p at 109Hz the maximum threshold for DP 1.2?

I think you can technically barely squeak 120Hz out on a 3440x1440 with DP 1.2, but in real world application it's basically impossible.
post #855 of 3061
Just curious if anyone has had some extensive use using this monitor with a 980 ti. I ordered an Acer XB271HU, but damn this monitor is tempting me even more right now all of the sudden.
Edited by Savatage79 - 1/8/16 at 11:41pm
post #856 of 3061
Well I was tempted, but now only partially tempted after reading this thread in its entirety and I probably read scan lines more in this thread than I have in my whole entire 36 years of life lol

I dunno...anymore monitor/tv buying is becoming something I am starting to loathe, absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt loath with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns. Between the quality of this crap, between the hit and miss in terms of features working, having to have a monster rig to push these things, I mean even looking at HDTV end of things and so many reasons you cant just buy a set and roll anymore, gotta have this, gotta have that....it all makes me want to blow my fn head off and just call it a day lol.

As I said above, have a 271 coming but I'm upgrading from a nice 1440 Asus I bought in 2013...but ive never seen past 60hz, so with 165 hz and gsync I'm hoping that blows me away, but its still only 27 inches like what I have.

This X34 seems to be awesome but this thread is just nightmarish, it really is. Takes something that should be fun and the idea of so many issues kills any type of fun or excitement. I just cant get over how awful these companies can be, I run a business and if I did such shoddy work id be gone in a matter of months. Its disgusting how terrible these companies are with this stuff yet they continue to roll on.

Like I'm sure my 271 will have issues and ill be sending it in for another...and after reading this thread I just partly want to not even bother right now, so frustrating.

Did anyone have this monitor but opt to return it and grab a 271 or vice versa?
post #857 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savatage79 View Post

Well I was tempted, but now only partially tempted after reading this thread in its entirety and I probably read scan lines more in this thread than I have in my whole entire 36 years of life lol

I dunno...anymore monitor/tv buying is becoming something I am starting to loathe, absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt loath with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns. Between the quality of this crap, between the hit and miss in terms of features working, having to have a monster rig to push these things, I mean even looking at HDTV end of things and so many reasons you cant just buy a set and roll anymore, gotta have this, gotta have that....it all makes me want to blow my fn head off and just call it a day lol.

As I said above, have a 271 coming but I'm upgrading from a nice 1440 Asus I bought in 2013...but ive never seen past 60hz, so with 165 hz and gsync I'm hoping that blows me away, but its still only 27 inches like what I have.

This X34 seems to be awesome but this thread is just nightmarish, it really is. Takes something that should be fun and the idea of so many issues kills any type of fun or excitement. I just cant get over how awful these companies can be, I run a business and if I did such shoddy work id be gone in a matter of months. Its disgusting how terrible these companies are with this stuff yet they continue to roll on.

Like I'm sure my 271 will have issues and ill be sending it in for another...and after reading this thread I just partly want to not even bother right now, so frustrating.

Did anyone have this monitor but opt to return it and grab a 271 or vice versa?

I've owned my X34 for two months now. I've always spent money on the very best monitors. When I spent $1000 in 1987 on a Zenith ZCM VGA display, my friends thought I was crazy - until they saw it (at the time, they were using monochrome, or EGA monitors).

Of the ten or so monitors I've owned, the X34 is easily the best.

The combination of 3440x1440, IPS, G-sync, 21:9, and 100Hz is staggering. I cannot say enough good things about this monitor.
post #858 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

I've owned my X34 for two months now. I've always spent money on the very best monitors. When I spent $1000 in 1987 on a Zenith ZCM VGA display, my friends thought I was crazy - until they saw it (at the time, they were using monochrome, or EGA monitors).

Of the ten or so monitors I've owned, the X34 is easily the best.

The combination of 3440x1440, IPS, G-sync, 21:9, and 100Hz is staggering. I cannot say enough good things about this monitor.

But you seem in the minority is all. If I read more Posts like yours, I'd be more excited but it's hard to be excited when just about every post is a bad experience.
post #859 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savatage79 View Post

But you seem in the minority is all. If I read more Posts like yours, I'd be more excited but it's hard to be excited when just about every post is a bad experience.

I have my doubts about that.
post #860 of 3061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey- View Post

I have my doubts about that.

Just going by the vibe if gotten from this thread in particular. Just saying it feels more like a smaller portion of people are enjoying the monitor, the thread is riddled with a lot of issues. Infact though what I have noticed is outside reviews like Amazon, Newegg, from what ive scanned seems to be a little more positive in terms of experiences for some of these monitors. But this thread isn't one that I feel inspires a person to buy one, have you read this thread in its entirety?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club