Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACER Predator X34 Owners Club - Page 91

post #901 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post

That's normal - just how GSync works not anything to do with this monitor.

It operates within a range - 30 to 100 for this monitor. Once you hit 100, G-Sync is no longer active so it'll fall back to VSync and if you don't have VSync on tearing will be noticeable.

If you don't want to use VSync you can set a max FPS cap in another app like rivatuner, set it to 99.9 FPS. That way G-Sync will always be on.

Wait so this isn't so much a problem then? My last monitor was a 144hz the first ROG swift so I never went over 144FPS to have this happen. So I guess if this is normal behavior then my panel actually has no issue?

I never noticed the issue before today which must imply I've not gone over 100 FPS, I noticed it playing Ori and the blind forest which admittedly isn't a very demanding game FPS wise.
post #902 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post

Wait so this isn't so much a problem then? My last monitor was a 144hz the first ROG swift so I never went over 144FPS to have this happen. So I guess if this is normal behavior then my panel actually has no issue?

I never noticed the issue before today which must imply I've not gone over 100 FPS, I noticed it playing Ori and the blind forest which admittedly isn't a very demanding game FPS wise.

It should not be that prominent, due to only being a few FPS over the refresh rate. It should not even be noticeable at all, according to reviewers at 100hz
post #903 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

It should not be that prominent, due to only being a few FPS over the refresh rate. It should not even be noticeable at all, according to reviewers at 100hz

Hmm, Yeah if I put it at 98 or 99 it's fine as soon as it hits 100 it starts. I don't suppose you can toss me a link to that review eh? I have about a day to decide if I want to return this
Edited by Xunaka - 1/10/16 at 1:29pm
post #904 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post

Hmm, Yeah if I put it at 98 or 99 it's fine as soon as it hits 100 it starts.

And that's normal. G-Sync is no longer active once you hit the max refresh rate of the monitor.

Default behavior in the NV drivers is to turn VSync on when this happens, but since you turned it off, you'll get tearing.

Like I said you can set an FPS cap through an external program like rivatuner to avoid this, if you don't want to use VSync at all.
post #905 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post

And that's normal. G-Sync is no longer active once you hit the max refresh rate of the monitor.

Default behavior in the NV drivers is to turn VSync on when this happens, but since you turned it off, you'll get tearing.

Like I said you can set an FPS cap through an external program like rivatuner to avoid this, if you don't want to use VSync at all.

Well you were 100% correct, I messed around with the nvidia control panel on v-sync options and turned it on I went over 100 FPS and bam perfect. Thanks man I would've returned this monitor without ever knowing this wasn't an issue.
post #906 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post

Well you were 100% correct, I messed around with the nvidia control panel on v-sync options and turned it on I went over 100 FPS and bam perfect. Thanks man I would've returned this monitor without ever knowing this wasn't an issue.

No problem, glad you got it sorted smile.gif
post #907 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post

Well you were 100% correct, I messed around with the nvidia control panel on v-sync options and turned it on I went over 100 FPS and bam perfect. Thanks man I would've returned this monitor without ever knowing this wasn't an issue.

I would not turn V-Sync on, it is one of the worst settings you can use, due to the amount of input lag it introduces, have you tried enabling DSR (it will reduce FPS, so you do not go over the 100hz) also it should not be like that, you should not notice any tearing at 100hz and 104 FPS, as it is a small amount over the refresh rate.
post #908 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

I would not turn V-Sync on, it is one of the worst settings you can use, due to the amount of input lag it introduces, have you tried enabling DSR (it will reduce FPS, so you do not go over the 100hz) also it should not be like that, you should not notice any tearing at 100hz and 104 FPS, as it is a small amount over the refresh rate.

It doesn't matter if it's only a small amount over. I've also had the one of the 144 Hz panels and it worked the same way. Above 144 without VSync you could instantly see tearing. I will say that tearing is less noticeable at higher refresh rates, but in a test pattern like the one he was using it's going to be extremely noticeable still.
post #909 of 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post

It doesn't matter if it's only a small amount over. I've also had the one of the 144 Hz panels and it worked the same way. Above 144 without VSync you could instantly see tearing. I will say that tearing is less noticeable at higher refresh rates, but in a test pattern like the one he was using it's going to be extremely noticeable still.

However if you do 70 FPS at 60hz, there will not be much difference, however if you was doing 120 FPS at 60hz, there will be screen tearing. The difference is too small and there is only a few more frames being rendered at once, this should not be so prominent when gaming.
post #910 of 3057

I would just limit the card to 99-100 FPS and be done with it without enabling V-Sync. There's no point in going over the refresh rate of the monitor anyway, at least for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club