Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Serial VS Parallel 9.6LPM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Serial VS Parallel 9.6LPM - Page 18

post #171 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwamotto Tetsuz View Post

I'm using a radiator wihout fans attached for an extreme example, where we can turn a 10W cooling into a monster cooling machine.
The better the cooling the lower the inlet temperture to the source that needs to be cooled.
best we can do is room temp.

It's not an extreme example it's a nonsense example. The rad does not remove heat without air flow no matter what the coolant flow rate is.

At very high flow rates a radiator has a very small inlet outlet delta so it is as warm as it can be and dissipates it's Max wattage.
At much lower flow rates the inlet outlet delta is high, so half the rad is cooler than the other half, making its average temp lower and lowering the wattage dissipated.

The flow rates needed for low inlet outlet delta depends completely on the temp of the coolant and the air flow rate. Considering in PC water cooling we want low coolant temps and low noise/low air flow the coolant flow rate does not need to be very high before it is nearly at Max efficiency.
Increasing flow rate further does not increase cooling.

The one and only way to turn your 10w cooling rad into a monster is to raise the coolant temp very high.
Edited by Jakusonfire - 2/1/16 at 10:26pm
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #172 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwamotto Tetsuz View Post

Then thats a bad pump. if 40W of heat is disipated into the water

Thats just rated power draw of the pump I thought 40Wats of power used I thought.
I don't think it means 40W of heat is generated in and disipated into the water

Friciton of the moving parts generaing heat could also be calculated I reckon. (refering to pumps generating heat in the water)
I think there might be a formular online which we can search up thumb.gif

What in the heck are you talking about dude are you for real right now? Where do you expect the pumps heat to go? does it magically float into the air. You my friend have issues, like seriously, sorry no heat doesn't just magically float away.

Its not a bad pump because ALL PUMPS DO THAT!, All Centrifugal pumps dump there heat into water. Centrifugal Pumps use the liquid as a lubricant and a cooling medium, that is how the pump is cooled, its not a water block attaching to the pump that absorbs the heat and then the water absorbs it from the block. In the case of CPUs and GPUs heat is lossed and not cooled by the loop due to the middle men, IE the block the IHS the TIM. However with a pump all heat is dumped into the water all of it is in direct contact with the motor. So actually one might even say that 2 d5s actually produce more heat than a stock i7 6770k.

Seriously man If you cannot understand this than I do not know what to say. Honestly if you cant grasp that then water cooling most likely is not the right hobby for you not trying to be mean I am just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire View Post

It's not an extreme example it's a nonsense example. The rad does not remove heat without air flow no matter what the coolant flow rate is.
Na man he has it figured out because he uses "Good Pumps" that dont dump heat so the rad can cool just fine.

My mind is seriously blown right now.........
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

What in the heck are you talking about dude are you for real right now? Where do you expect the pumps heat to go? does it magically float into the air. You my friend have issues, like seriously, sorry no heat doesn't just magically float away.

Its not a bad pump because ALL PUMPS DO THAT!, All Centrifugal pumps dump there heat into water. Centrifugal Pumps use the liquid as a lubricant and a cooling medium, that is how the pump is cooled, its not a water block attaching to the pump that absorbs the heat and then the water absorbs it from the block. In the case of CPUs and GPUs heat is lossed and not cooled by the loop due to the middle men, IE the block the IHS the TIM. However with a pump all heat is dumped into the water all of it is in direct contact with the motor. So actually one might even say that 2 d5s actually produce more heat than a stock i7 6770k.

Seriously man If you cannot understand this than I do not know what to say. Honestly if you cant grasp that then water cooling most likely is not the right hobby for you not trying to be mean I am just saying.
Na man he has it figured out because he uses "Good Pumps" that dont dump heat so the rad can cool just fine.

My mind is seriously blown right now.........

Well, no. There are plenty of air cooled centrifugal pumps. The DDC has an air heat sink option for that very reason.
The impeller is in contact but that is not synonymous with the motor.

The d5 does put a lot of its energy into heat in the coolant.
Edited by Jakusonfire - 2/1/16 at 10:24pm
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire View Post

Well, no. There are plenty of air cooled centrifugal pumps. The DDC has an air heat sink option for that very reason.
The impeller is in contact but that is not synonymous with the motor.

A DDC still dumps heat into the loop the heat sink is for the board not the motor. It doesn't dump as much heat into the loop but it does dump heat into the loop. All centrifugal are cooled by liquid all of them thats the very definition of the pump style.

Centrifugal Pumps dump heat in 3 ways,

They dump heat

1. The biggest is motor heat energy lost into the water, which is generally somewhere between 80-90% of the Wattage the pump uses.

2. Water horspower, you can covert the energy of water flow rate and pressure into wattage. This energy leaves the pump and is then lost in the restriction of the system.

3. The third is motor heat lost in the air from the pump motor casing. If you've felt the bottom of a DDC pump, you know what that is. Some pumps loose more heat in the air than others and it depends on the pump motor design and how the motor does or doesn't transfer heat into the fluids.
Edited by Cyber Locc - 2/1/16 at 10:30pm
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #175 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

A DDC still dumps heat into the loop the heat sink is for the board not the motor. It doesn't dump as much heat into the loop but it does dump heat into the loop. All centrifugal are cooled by liquid all of them thats the very definition of the pump style.

Sorry but it's not. A centrifugal pump can be shaft driven by a completely external motor. Motor and impeller are not the same thing.

The Laing pumps, where the impeller is part of the motor is a very unique design.

The d5 dumps a lot of its heat into the fluid because it has its motor windings against the metal impeller housing bowl. The DDC has a plastic impeller housing so transmits drastically less heat.

More common centrifugal pumps like household tank water pumps or fire fighting pumps have a separate electric or petrol motor that is air cooled and an impeller driven by a shaft. They are not water cooled at all. The Ehiem and jingway pc pumps are an example of that style.

Also, if anything a pump can transmit less of its used power into the coolant than a CPU / GPU because it has to do actual work ... moving the fluid, with that power. A CPU or GPU is just a circuit that is heated by the current through it.
Edited by Jakusonfire - 2/1/16 at 10:44pm
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 243
40W of power going into a coil wired arround a magnet dosen't nessicraly mean theres 40W of heat generated into the water.
We can have a 40W pump where the coil and electronic components are designed to generate zero heat when operating at 40W.

using motors as examples, the coil wouldn't generate heat or would only generate small ammouts of heat when its using 40W of power. unless you over boost the coil
When the coil is overbosted, more voltage is given and due to increaced current drawn, the coil will start to get hot and eventually give out heat or even melt
(Power watts = Voltage X Current)
Theres a rating of how much current a coil/wire can transfer with a certain wire length
motors and pumps are same thing.


Heat generated is mainly from the moving parts inside the pump. Your sharft and housing rubbing aganist each other.
The impellor spining to move the water could also generate heat


The electrical parts of a DDC may be extremely hot and heat could be transfered into the water.
PCB transfering heat onto coil and magnets and into the water

Using the formular
https://www.smcworld.com/temperature_controller/en/pdf/series/HRS_en.pdf
If flow rate increaces, everything else would stay the same.
And if heat source stays the same
Quote:
Circulating fluid temperature difference @T (= T2 – T1)
Would change.
Quote:
The rad does not remove heat without air flow no matter what the coolant flow rate is.
Whats your theory behind that.
I thought we can disipate 1000W of water with a massive water tank with hundredes of liters or even thousands of liters of water.
Simularrly, having a radiator without fans that has a largre surface arrea would do the same.
Edited by Iwamotto Tetsuz - 2/1/16 at 10:47pm
post #177 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire View Post

Sorry but it's not. A centrifugal pump can be shaft driven by a completely external motor. Motor and impeller are not the same thing.

It is irrelevant the heat is dumped into the water period better check that fact bud. Martin even tested this as people love to say DDCs dont dump heat into the loop they do that is a fact. I updated my post while you were replying.

As to the Shaft, All centrifugal pumps are shaft driven All of them, just because there is a impeller at the end there is still a shaft on there by definition.

" All centrifugal pumps include a shaft-driven impeller that rotates"

https://www.dultmeier.com/technical-library/how-does-a-centrifugal-pump-work.php


Here is a quote from Martin that I could find on his site but there are others. This is a common misconception that DDCs put heat in the air only its false however.
"so the DDC at that point is consuming about 40% more power which in the end becomes added heat to the loop."
http://martinsliquidlab.i4memory.com/Danger-Den_CPX-Pro-Pump-Review.html

You have to realize most of the power is derived from the Motor which in turn uses it to turn the shaft. The shaft because a heat sink of sorts, as the heat passes from the motor into the shaft then into the water. This isnt just a case for Electrical pumps either Engine driven centrifugal pumps also dump a great deal of heat into the fluid its just the nature of the pump design.

All centrifugal pumps even have a minimum flow rate recommendation as if they do not pump enough water they heat is then kept in the pump and will cause it to overheat and break.
Edited by Cyber Locc - 2/1/16 at 10:47pm
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

It is irrelevant the heat is dumped into the water period better check that fact bud. Martin even tested this as people love to say DDCs dont dump heat into the loop they do that is a fact. I updated my post while you were replying.

As to the Shaft, All centrifugal pumps are shaft driven All of them, just because there is a impeller at the end there is still a shaft on there by definition.

" All centrifugal pumps include a shaft-driven impeller that rotates"

https://www.dultmeier.com/technical-library/how-does-a-centrifugal-pump-work.php


Here is a quote from Martin that I could find on his site but there are others. This is a common misconception that DDCs put heat in the air only its false however.
"so the DDC at that point is consuming about 40% more power which in the end becomes added heat to the loop."
http://martinsliquidlab.i4memory.com/Danger-Den_CPX-Pro-Pump-Review.html

You have to realize most of the power is derived from the Motor which in turn uses it to turn the shaft. The shaft because a heat sink of sorts, as the heat passes from the motor into the shaft then into the water. This isnt just a case for Electrical pumps either Engine driven centrifugal pumps also dump a great deal of heat into the fluid its just the nature of the pump design.

All centrifugal pumps even have a minimum flow rate recommendation as if they do not pump enough water they heat is then kept in the pump and will cause it to overheat and break.

Where is the shaft on a laing pump then exactly?
In laing pumps the impeller is literally part of the motor, the stator. As such it means the motor windings are very close the actual impeller part of the pump.

Other more traditional designs have an impeller mounted on a drive shaft. The motor is completely separate and the fluid does not come near it. A drive shaft does not need to be metal. It's just a shaft from a motor to the impeller. It's not a heat sink at all thats just bollocks.

I don't see what is so hard to follow.

Yes, pumps have min recommended flow rates, though they are happy with zero for periods of time. Any time you stir water you are putting energy and heat into it. That is not the same thing as motor heat being trsnsmitted.
Edited by Jakusonfire - 2/1/16 at 11:05pm
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Kusanagi
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB X2 EK Supremacy Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro Aqua Computer D5 USB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Aquacomputer MPS 400 flow meter EK-CoolStream PE 360 EK-Coolstream PE 240 Noiseblocker Eloop B12-PS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Vardar F2 EK-FC Titan Acetal & Nickel EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Acetal+Nickel EK-D5 X-RES 140 CSQ 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit Samsung S27A750d LG E2290V-SN Silverstone Strider Plus 850W ST85F-P 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #179 of 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwamotto Tetsuz View Post

40W of power going into a coil wired arround a magnet dosen't nessicraly mean theres 40W of heat generated into the water.
We can have a 40W pump where the coil and electronic components are designed to generate zero heat when operating at 40W.

using motors as examples, the coil wouldn't generate heat or would only generate small ammouts of heat when its using 40W of power. unless you over boost the coil
When the coil is overbosted, more voltage is given and due to increaced current drawn, the coil will start to get hot and eventually give out heat or even melt
(Power watts = Voltage X Current)
Theres a rating of how much current a coil/wire can transfer with a certain wire length
motors and pumps are same thing.


Heat generated is mainly from the moving parts inside the pump. Your sharft and housing rubbing aganist each other.
The impellor spining to move the water could also generate heat


The electrical parts of a DDC may be extremely hot and heat could be transfered into the water.
PCB transfering heat onto coil and magnets and into the water

Using the formular
https://www.smcworld.com/temperature_controller/en/pdf/series/HRS_en.pdf
If flow rate increaces, everything else would stay the same.
And if heat source stays the same
Would change.
Whats your theory behind that.
I thought we can disipate 1000W of water with a massive water tank with hundredes of liters or even thousands of liters of water.
Simularrly, having a radiator without fans that has a largre surface arrea would do the same.

The electrical heat is transfered to the water about 80% at least of it is, then you have kinetic energy to deal with as well, so if a pump is using 40Ws its actually dumping more than 40 watts of heat into the loop. You are wrong a pumps heat does make a difference I have shown you proof of that its over.

A radiator is not magic it cannot just dissipate heat into oblivion, There has to be airflow for the heat to go. The amount of airflow is another story, you could in theory run a radiator passively, as a matter of fact it is done. However he is saying that in your theory there is no airflow as I think thats what you implied. If a radiator is in an air sealed box with no airflow at all, then it will not dump any heat period.

If however the radiators is being used passively with no fans but still has access to airflow throughout your house then yes that can and does work. However the amount of heat dissipated is still low. I have seen this done with a phyoba supernova 1260, that rad can passively cool a Stock CPU about as well as the stock included heat sink can. You could have a serious amount of radiator and have a completely passive watercooling loop, but the amount of radiators it would take is insane.
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 243
Quote:
We can have a 40W pump where the coil and electronic components are designed to generate zero heat when operating at 40W.
This would mean that the only heat genration is the moving parts inside the pump.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Serial VS Parallel 9.6LPM