Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) - Page 22

post #211 of 8708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Hello

Give this a try

EVGA980TiDark.zip 152k .zip file

Core clock 1519mhz & Your memory OC & 1.25v & High TDP

I change many thing in the TDP + voltage table...

the crash after 20m mean instability or wrong voltage value from the bios
ill give it a try will report if it does or dosent crash in 20 min
turdenburg
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd FX 9590 CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Evga GTX980TI SC ACX2.0 HyperX FURY 2x8 1866 oc 2920 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HyperX FURY 2x4 1600 oc 2920 Cavier black 3tb Samsung evo 850 256gb dvd burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Siedon 240 Windows 10 Benq 27 Das keyboard 4 pro 
PowerCaseMouseOther
900w Antec Nzxt Source 530 corsair m65 rgb pro 2 XBOX ONE controller 
OtherOtherOther
sennheiser 280 logitech z906 razer kraken 
  hide details  
Reply
turdenburg
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd FX 9590 CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Evga GTX980TI SC ACX2.0 HyperX FURY 2x8 1866 oc 2920 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HyperX FURY 2x4 1600 oc 2920 Cavier black 3tb Samsung evo 850 256gb dvd burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Siedon 240 Windows 10 Benq 27 Das keyboard 4 pro 
PowerCaseMouseOther
900w Antec Nzxt Source 530 corsair m65 rgb pro 2 XBOX ONE controller 
OtherOtherOther
sennheiser 280 logitech z906 razer kraken 
  hide details  
Reply
post #212 of 8708
Gave it a try no crashes after 20 min.
I changed the voltage to lower the temp and its stable so far still running 1.218v (reports 1.224v). i would like to increase the speed of the core but it might be asking too much from this card.
temp drooped from 72 to 69, AC is off right now.
Evga_980TI_DarkMeat.zip 151k .zip file

i know running the gtav for 20 min is not a test by my goal is to get it to run for more than 20 min with no artifcats at the maximum speed the card can do.
after that ill run witcher 3, metro last light benchmark and heaven. and of course report it for the people biggrin.gif.
turdenburg
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd FX 9590 CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Evga GTX980TI SC ACX2.0 HyperX FURY 2x8 1866 oc 2920 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HyperX FURY 2x4 1600 oc 2920 Cavier black 3tb Samsung evo 850 256gb dvd burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Siedon 240 Windows 10 Benq 27 Das keyboard 4 pro 
PowerCaseMouseOther
900w Antec Nzxt Source 530 corsair m65 rgb pro 2 XBOX ONE controller 
OtherOtherOther
sennheiser 280 logitech z906 razer kraken 
  hide details  
Reply
turdenburg
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd FX 9590 CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Evga GTX980TI SC ACX2.0 HyperX FURY 2x8 1866 oc 2920 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HyperX FURY 2x4 1600 oc 2920 Cavier black 3tb Samsung evo 850 256gb dvd burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Siedon 240 Windows 10 Benq 27 Das keyboard 4 pro 
PowerCaseMouseOther
900w Antec Nzxt Source 530 corsair m65 rgb pro 2 XBOX ONE controller 
OtherOtherOther
sennheiser 280 logitech z906 razer kraken 
  hide details  
Reply
post #213 of 8708
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of meat View Post

Gave it a try no crashes after 20 min.
I changed the voltage to lower the temp and its stable so far still running 1.218v (reports 1.224v). i would like to increase the speed of the core but it might be asking too much from this card.
temp drooped from 72 to 69, AC is off right now.
Evga_980TI_DarkMeat.zip 151k .zip file

i know running the gtav for 20 min is not a test by my goal is to get it to run for more than 20 min with no artifcats at the maximum speed the card can do.
after that ill run witcher 3, metro last light benchmark and heaven. and of course report it for the people biggrin.gif.

Nice!

I check that bios now and you change the voltage in the right way thumb.gif

Have fun playing with that card biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #214 of 8708
So as promised here's my BIOS from the 970 Phantom: GTX970PHANTOM.zip 136k .zip file

I would like it to be something like 1480 gpu / 7000 mem clock and work my way up from there until I find the best clocks for 24/7 usage. Thanks! thumb.gif
post #215 of 8708
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve27 View Post

So as promised here's my BIOS from the 970 Phantom: GTX970PHANTOM.zip 136k .zip file

I would like it to be something like 1480 gpu / 7000 mem clock and work my way up from there until I find the best clocks for 24/7 usage. Thanks! thumb.gif

Here you go

970PhantomDark.zip 136k .zip file

Core clock 1480mhz & stock memory clock & higher TDP & Boost off

now just start pushing the clock farther along with voltage.. one you find the max stable clock report back here thumb.gif

make sure all OC software reset to defalut before flashing..

GL
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #216 of 8708
in the witcher im getting red dots. not squares.
turdenburg
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd FX 9590 CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Evga GTX980TI SC ACX2.0 HyperX FURY 2x8 1866 oc 2920 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HyperX FURY 2x4 1600 oc 2920 Cavier black 3tb Samsung evo 850 256gb dvd burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Siedon 240 Windows 10 Benq 27 Das keyboard 4 pro 
PowerCaseMouseOther
900w Antec Nzxt Source 530 corsair m65 rgb pro 2 XBOX ONE controller 
OtherOtherOther
sennheiser 280 logitech z906 razer kraken 
  hide details  
Reply
turdenburg
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd FX 9590 CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Evga GTX980TI SC ACX2.0 HyperX FURY 2x8 1866 oc 2920 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HyperX FURY 2x4 1600 oc 2920 Cavier black 3tb Samsung evo 850 256gb dvd burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Siedon 240 Windows 10 Benq 27 Das keyboard 4 pro 
PowerCaseMouseOther
900w Antec Nzxt Source 530 corsair m65 rgb pro 2 XBOX ONE controller 
OtherOtherOther
sennheiser 280 logitech z906 razer kraken 
  hide details  
Reply
post #217 of 8708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Here you go

970PhantomDark.zip 136k .zip file

Core clock 1480mhz & stock memory clock & higher TDP & Boost off

now just start pushing the clock farther along with voltage.. one you find the max stable clock report back here thumb.gif

make sure all OC software reset to defalut before flashing..

GL

Thanks alot for the modded bios! Flashing went well although I was skeptical at first when flashing a GPU bios under Windows. tongue.gif The card seems like a decent one when it comes to GPU frequency but memory wise isn't much of a champ, especially compared to some G1s I've seen on the forums that seem to do 8GHz easily. Maybe that Elpida memory that mine has just doesn't seem to like anything above 7600MHz and instantly shows up like random white dots during Valley Benchmark, voltage doesn't seem to help either. GPU wise if I go above 1530 I get random crashes and blu/red missing textures from time to time so my best bet would be to stick under that value. It's a pity that the cooler just doesn't handle temps very well and are a bit high even at 100% fan speed (which is surprisingly silent btw).
Anyway here's a quick screenshot from what I've achieved, I'll be tweaking it tomorrow and in the weekend and hope to find some decent 24/7 clocks.

PS: Your custom BIOS with 1480MHz on the GPU is actually giving me something like 1392MHz when running Valley or GTA V, is that normal? To achieve the wanted 1500MHz mark I have to manually adjust the slider in Afterburner to +122

EDIT: Here's a higher res copy of that image
Edited by Steve27 - 9/24/15 at 1:34pm
post #218 of 8708
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of meat View Post

in the witcher im getting red dots. not squares.

Try to increase the voltage a bit to 1.23v and test again you are very close from stable clock
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #219 of 8708
Also, here's a 3DMark Fire Strike score with those clocks: http://postimg.org/image/thg2jjbud/
My RAM is 2 X 8GB @ 2200MHz - 10-12-12-32
post #220 of 8708
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve27 View Post

Thanks alot for the modded bios! Flashing went well although I was skeptical at first when flashing a GPU bios under Windows. tongue.gif The card seems like a decent one when it comes to GPU frequency but memory wise isn't much of a champ, especially compared to some G1s I've seen on the forums that seem to do 8GHz easily. Maybe that Elpida memory that mine has just doesn't seem to like anything above 7600MHz and instantly shows up like random white dots during Valley Benchmark, voltage doesn't seem to help either. GPU wise if I go above 1530 I get random crashes and blu/red missing textures from time to time so my best bet would be to stick under that value. It's a pity that the cooler just doesn't handle temps very well and are a bit high even at 100% fan speed (which is surprisingly silent btw).
Anyway here's a quick screenshot from what I've achieved, I'll be tweaking it tomorrow and in the weekend and hope to find some decent 24/7 clocks.

PS: Your custom BIOS with 1480MHz on the GPU is actually giving me something like 1392MHz when running Valley or GTA V, is that normal? To achieve the wanted 1500MHz mark I have to manually adjust the slider in Afterburner to +122

EDIT: Here's a higher res copy of that image

Decent OC 1500mhz 1.2v very good.. but the temp isn't normal did you try stressing the card @stock bios/clock?

what about the case Airflow ? which case you have ? how much fans ? also how much the ambient temp there ?

for the memory OC its very normal for Elpida/hynix memory
Quote:
Also, here's a 3DMark Fire Strike score with those clocks: http://postimg.org/image/thg2jjbud/
My RAM is 2 X 8GB @ 2200MHz - 10-12-12-32

Good fire strike score thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 8700k 6 Core OC 4.7Ghz Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 AORUS Asus GTX 1060 GB Strix Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3ghz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB + EK heatsink  PNY CS480 480GB SSD NZXT Kraken X61 + Corsair HD140 Fan's 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64BIt Asus VG248QE Razer blackwidow chroma  Corsair RM850i 850W 
CaseMouse
phanteks enthoo luxe tempered glass + HD140 Fan... Razer Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )