Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) - Page 669

post #6681 of 8701
Guys, why is it taking sooooo long to get pascal tweaker ?
I'm getting affraid...than.,..there will not be one ? redface.gif
post #6682 of 8701
Mr-Dark and Vellinious,

Thanks for all the help.

The best stable configuration ended up being:

Core = 1561 MHz

Memory = 8178 MHz

I'm not sure the 1.2831V is necessary, so it may be reduced to 1.275V.

Not bad for a free 40% core overclock and 17% memory overclock over the stock base values.
post #6683 of 8701
Hey there 970 owners. I'm looking for a quick answer regarding my overclock potential on my MSI twin frozr card.

With stock bios set to max 110% power limit I can achieve 1460mhz on the core, max volts are 1.225v.

I have had my bios modified with the TDP limit removed and volts locked at 1.250v, and can achieve 1501mhz and still remain stable (1 hr of gaming on The Division). Still no (stable) overclock on the memory.

Is this average? I believe 1501mhz core / 7600mhz mem is unstable, but 1501 mhz core / 3500mhz mem is stable. Am I wrong to think memory should overclcok higher?

Anyway, just looking for some feed back, I could just have bad silicon.

@Mr-Dark

This is a copy and paste from the Official 970 forum, maybe you have some more insight. I can play for at least an hour with 1500 on the core, but even +300 on the memory seems to make gaming crash (only tried the division so far). Am I expecting too much on the mem? Or do I just have bad silicon causing low core and mem clock altogether?

-Thanks for the help/advice
post #6684 of 8701
GM204.zip 136k .zip file

Hello Mr Dark,

Here's my BIOS finally. This is a Gigabyte G1 GTX970, 1x8pin and 1x6pin.

Max I can get via Afterburner is +100 on the boost clock so it makes the clock 1429MHz. After that I get artifacts in Heaven benchmark. Can you reccomend me another software for checking out the artifacts?

I was monitoring my power draw etc while using Heaven, and it gets up to 70%. But my voltage won't go up more than 1.250V. Even if I pull the slider +80 it just stays at 1.25V. You probably know what the issue is smile.gif

Anyway, my ASIC is 70.2%. What I'd like to get is 1500MHz stable clock.

It would be best if we can start just by unlocking the TDP limit if necessary, also disabling boost since I can keep it around 65c, and unlock that voltage that I can't pump. Do you think it's a good idea for a start, and if that should make me able to achieve more than 1450MHz?

Thanks a bunch!
Stryker
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Gigabyte DS3P GTX970 G1 HyperX Fury 1866MHz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Drive 850 Evo 250GB Kingston V300 120GB Wdrive DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 8.1 LG 22EA53 Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake SE 630W Cooler Master Storm Stryker CM Sentinel Advance 2 Cooler Master ControlRX 
Audio
XWave 5.1 100W 
  hide details  
Reply
Stryker
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Gigabyte DS3P GTX970 G1 HyperX Fury 1866MHz 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Drive 850 Evo 250GB Kingston V300 120GB Wdrive DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Nepton 240M Windows 8.1 LG 22EA53 Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake SE 630W Cooler Master Storm Stryker CM Sentinel Advance 2 Cooler Master ControlRX 
Audio
XWave 5.1 100W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6685 of 8701
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asport View Post

No, your bios is absolutely fine. It was just me a few days ago trying to modified bios by myself. It did not finish good for me, I have burnt down power supply and motherboard:mad: That will teach me.
Anyway I thought graphic card gone as well but when I bought new motherboard and power supply graphic card started normally. But after few minutes driver started restarting only in idle. I was hoping this is only a software problem not hardware, now I think is a bit of both. Anyway I just flashed your bios no restart yet but I will need to test for a bit longer. Will let you know the results.
Thanks, really appreciate your help.

I hope that fix your problem.. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhj View Post

Hi Mr-Dark,

I posted a message on 'official 970 club' with my current predicament and was redirected to you biggrin.gif. Here's my previous comment

My card ASIC quality is 59.9% and i wanted a stable core clock at 1460-1470mhz and memory at 1900mhz.

Is here any hope that my current card can handle it ? Can its voltage be unlocked? Its currently locked at 1.212 (As per my knowledge by zotac)

Any help is welcome smile.gif

i've attached my current bios (it has it power limit upped from 106 to 130)

BIOS1.zip 136k .zip file

Hey there

I'm sorry to tell yo that your card is voltage locked at 1.212v rolleyes.gif No way to pass that from the bios..

but in general custom bios with 1450mhz @1.212v and boost off should improve your OC ability.. maybe yo can push a little more smile.gif

let me know if yo want to try that one thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr12004 View Post

Ok Sorry for being a noob I guess its maxed

Yes, 1.212v is the Max for that card..
Quote:
Originally Posted by asport View Post

Unfortunately it still crashing in idle. Although not that often. Is there any chance that you can modify bios to keep maximum clock all the time without down-clocking? I now power consumption will be crazy but I think this is the only way to use this card.
One more thing when this crash happens Afterburner records some ridiculously number in the power table, it shows at least 8 digits number like - 33779480% for example.

Hmmm, that strange but okay..

give this a try

GM204--asport--1.212v.zip 136k .zip file

Let me know how yo go..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastablades View Post

I followed that guide but I cant figure out which of the PSU PEG rails is the 6 pin and which one is the 8 pin. Is there a way to tell?

Number 5 from the Top is the 8 pin cable...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimz Reeper View Post

Hey Mr Dark!!

Thank you for answering my question prior!

Would you be able to do a nice stable OC on my GPU for me? I've heard good things about this card and hear it's quite a good overclocker. I'd like it to be a beast smile.gif

Could you possibly turn boost off and make it run at max all the time?

It scores an ASIC Quality 75.5%

Thanks a heap!!
GM200980TiXtremeGrimzReeper.zip 146k .zip file

Hey there..

Give this a try

GM200980TiXtreme---GrimzReeper---------Dark.zip 146k .zip file
Dark.zip (146k. zip file)

Core clock 1506mhz & 3.8ghz memory & 1.255v & higher TDP limit & boost off..

If yo like to keep the card at Max clock all time just switch the power plan from Adaptive to Max Performance from Nvdia driver.. but no need for that smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudstrife View Post

My MSI Gaming GTX 970 is OC with these settings and it's stable! ASIC is 67,5%. From msi afterburner I have core +170, memory +500 (it's ELPIDA) and power limit 110% with default voltage. From core I have 1473 mhz (but from heaven benchmark I read 1635 O_o). Is it possible get 1500 mhz without over voltage? I tried core +180 but driver crash when I play at Crysis for example...This is my bios: http://www118.zippyshare.com/v/R9tuEcdP/file.html Do you think is it possible optimize OC with default voltage? Is it normal that my TDP % is 94,5%?
ash.png

Hello

to push the clock farther we should increase the voltage.. as yo say the card crash at higher clock and same volt..

Btw why no overvolt ? 1.200v still very low on Maxwell card..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretijrebenok View Post

thank you for support, but nothing happened, i try every command, my card is on number 0, don t know why, anyway after flash, my monitor is always black, can you please join with team viewer? i can donate by paypal if u can revive my card T.T but please someone help me

As i seen your card last night.. I think something physically damaged on that card...


Quote:
Originally Posted by duganator View Post

Hey Mr-Dark, hopefully you can help me. My g1 gaming gtx 970 seems to be only hitting 80%tdp at 100 gpu usage. I've seen voltage go to 1.23 I believe. I was wondering if a custom bios would help me at all? I'd like to see what the card can do if it could hit 100%tdp.
bios.zip 137k .zip file

Hello

yo didn't got it right.. the power usage under load shouldn't hit 100% at all.. if that happen the core will throttle... So we increase the power limit to keep the power usage under 90% to avoid any throttle...

custom bios with higher voltage & boost off & higher power limit should improve your OC ability..

if yo like to try that let me know smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

Guys, why is it taking sooooo long to get pascal tweaker ?
I'm getting affraid...than.,..there will not be one ? redface.gif

Nvidia logic i think rolleyes.gif

Imagine the 1080 @150% power limit and 1.20v under the water.. lol cheers.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by uihdff View Post

Mr-Dark and Vellinious,

Thanks for all the help.

The best stable configuration ended up being:

Core = 1561 MHz

Memory = 8178 MHz

I'm not sure the 1.2831V is necessary, so it may be reduced to 1.275V.

Not bad for a free 40% core overclock and 17% memory overclock over the stock base values.

That very good OC.. Enjoy it smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugurnot View Post

Hey there 970 owners. I'm looking for a quick answer regarding my overclock potential on my MSI twin frozr card.

With stock bios set to max 110% power limit I can achieve 1460mhz on the core, max volts are 1.225v.

I have had my bios modified with the TDP limit removed and volts locked at 1.250v, and can achieve 1501mhz and still remain stable (1 hr of gaming on The Division). Still no (stable) overclock on the memory.

Is this average? I believe 1501mhz core / 7600mhz mem is unstable, but 1501 mhz core / 3500mhz mem is stable. Am I wrong to think memory should overclcok higher?

Anyway, just looking for some feed back, I could just have bad silicon.

@Mr-Dark

This is a copy and paste from the Official 970 forum, maybe you have some more insight. I can play for at least an hour with 1500 on the core, but even +300 on the memory seems to make gaming crash (only tried the division so far). Am I expecting too much on the mem? Or do I just have bad silicon causing low core and mem clock altogether?

-Thanks for the help/advice

Hello

If your memory chip's from Hynix then its fine.. Hynix the worst OC ability at all..

Btw yo can stabilize the 1500/7600 by increasing the voltage from 1.250v to 1.260v or 1.270v... higher memory OC = more stress on the core...

So if your OC without memory OC barely stable, once yo push the memory yo will crash... Try 1480/7600 ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by tashcz View Post

GM204.zip 136k .zip file

Hello Mr Dark,

Here's my BIOS finally. This is a Gigabyte G1 GTX970, 1x8pin and 1x6pin.

Max I can get via Afterburner is +100 on the boost clock so it makes the clock 1429MHz. After that I get artifacts in Heaven benchmark. Can you reccomend me another software for checking out the artifacts?

I was monitoring my power draw etc while using Heaven, and it gets up to 70%. But my voltage won't go up more than 1.250V. Even if I pull the slider +80 it just stays at 1.25V. You probably know what the issue is smile.gif

Anyway, my ASIC is 70.2%. What I'd like to get is 1500MHz stable clock.

It would be best if we can start just by unlocking the TDP limit if necessary, also disabling boost since I can keep it around 65c, and unlock that voltage that I can't pump. Do you think it's a good idea for a start, and if that should make me able to achieve more than 1450MHz?

Thanks a bunch!

Hello there

Sound like your card need more volt for higher OC.. yo loss the silicon this time redface.gif

give this a try

GM204---tashcz-----Dark.zip 136k .zip file
Dark.zip (136k. zip file)

Core clock 1455mhz & 3.7ghz memory & 1.275v & higher TDP limit & boost off..

Use any OC software to push the clock farther.. No need to keep it under 65c... keep it under 80c smile.gif

for the stability test use Heaven and Valley as first test.. if pass try Firestrike then some games thumb.gif
   
The White Dark
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 7700k Quad Core OC 5.1Ghz 1.344v Asus Z270 IX Code Nvidia GTX Titan-X Pascal 12GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3000/C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Nvme 960 Evo 500GB Pny CS1311 480GB ThermalTake Water 3.0 Extreme 360m + Triple Rin... Windows 10 Pro 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG24QE 1080p 144Hz Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Evga SuperNova 850 B2 Corsair 780T White + Asus Front Base  
Mouse
Steelseries Rival 100  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA... MSI X99A GODlike Gaming Extreme Gaming Intel X99 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance led 64GB 8*8GB 2666Mhz Samsung 950 Pro 256GB ( Boot )  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 Push/Pull Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Asus PG278Q 2560*1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300G + Red Sleeved Cabel's Corsair 780T Black + Nzxt HUe +  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition - Professional G... Corsair Extended pad 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster-Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6700k Skylake @4.7Ghz 1.320v  Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Evga GTX 1070 8GB Superclocked ACX 3.0  Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 white fan's Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asus PG278Q 2560X1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300 G2 Nzxt H440 Plus white  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition XXXL Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
   
The White Dark
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 7700k Quad Core OC 5.1Ghz 1.344v Asus Z270 IX Code Nvidia GTX Titan-X Pascal 12GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3000/C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Nvme 960 Evo 500GB Pny CS1311 480GB ThermalTake Water 3.0 Extreme 360m + Triple Rin... Windows 10 Pro 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG24QE 1080p 144Hz Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Evga SuperNova 850 B2 Corsair 780T White + Asus Front Base  
Mouse
Steelseries Rival 100  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA... MSI X99A GODlike Gaming Extreme Gaming Intel X99 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance led 64GB 8*8GB 2666Mhz Samsung 950 Pro 256GB ( Boot )  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 Push/Pull Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Asus PG278Q 2560*1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300G + Red Sleeved Cabel's Corsair 780T Black + Nzxt HUe +  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition - Professional G... Corsair Extended pad 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster-Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6700k Skylake @4.7Ghz 1.320v  Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Evga GTX 1070 8GB Superclocked ACX 3.0  Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 white fan's Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asus PG278Q 2560X1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300 G2 Nzxt H440 Plus white  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition XXXL Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6686 of 8701
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhj View Post

Hi Mr-Dark,

I posted a message on 'official 970 club' with my current predicament and was redirected to you biggrin.gif. Here's my previous comment

My card ASIC quality is 59.9% and i wanted a stable core clock at 1460-1470mhz and memory at 1900mhz.

Is here any hope that my current card can handle it ? Can its voltage be unlocked? Its currently locked at 1.212 (As per my knowledge by zotac)

Any help is welcome smile.gif

i've attached my current bios (it has it power limit upped from 106 to 130)

BIOS1.zip 136k .zip file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post


Hey there

I'm sorry to tell yo that your card is voltage locked at 1.212v rolleyes.gif No way to pass that from the bios..

but in general custom bios with 1450mhz @1.212v and boost off should improve your OC ability.. maybe yo can push a little more smile.gif

let me know if yo want to try that one thumb.gif


Hi Mr-Dark,

Yeah i'll try that, Currently i'm running stable at 1438 core and 1846 memory @1.212v.

Thanks smile.gif

My current bios is already attached in the first post thumbsupsmiley.png
post #6687 of 8701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post


Nvidia logic i think rolleyes.gif

Imagine the 1080 @150% power limit and 1.20v under the water.. lol cheers.gif

Ugh...I'm tempted to do the hard volt mod. Der8auer will be uploading 1080 FE mod video soon.
Do you personally think 1.2-1.25V is safe voltage for the chip for daily use and under water ~40C load ?
Do you think increasing voltage to 1.25v helps with OC ?
Thanks thumb.gif
post #6688 of 8701
Mr. Dark,

you modded a 970m bios for me a few days ago and it works great, but i was wondering if you could mod this one and only modify the core clock so it runs at 1260mhz (or around it) instead of 1037mhz and do nothing with the voltage. i tried to mod it myself, but it just wouldnt flash (your bios's have the magic touch redface.gif ). here is GPU-Z and the zipped file if you can get around to it. thanks again man!!
scc.gif 21k .gif file
GM204.zip 66k .zip file
Edited by steveTA1983 - 7/23/16 at 9:01am
post #6689 of 8701
^^^^^dont know why this pic didnt show


Edited by steveTA1983 - 7/23/16 at 8:55am
post #6690 of 8701
Quote:
Hmmm, that strange but okay..

give this a try

GM204--asport--1.212v.zip 136k .zip file

Let me know how yo go..

Hi,

Now I have got no idea whats going on. This bios made it even worse, I have noticed you have put the same voltage for all states which in theory should sort out the problem but for some reason now is crashing in idle but also when I run any program which stress the card it looks like clocks stays on the lower level - 135MHz for core and 324 for memory.
Well I think this must be a hardware issue and I might just need a new card.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )