Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) - Page 709

post #7081 of 8562
Yess, it was only wrong nvflash.
Works like a dream, thanks.
post #7082 of 8562
double post
Edited by cogrady84 - 8/27/16 at 7:40am
post #7083 of 8562
Hi guys, got the Zotac 980ti Amp Extreme on sale recently and having some trouble with factory OC.

I've not actually attempted to modify anything yet, but I noticed quite quickly that I was getting pixel sized multicoloured dots following contours in images on my desktop and in games, just with the factory OC. It's not overheating, drivers are 372.54.

I am reluctant to return the card, as it was the last one in stock, so no replacement possible.

I was looking at a custom bios to underclock, or try to find a solution at least. I'm a little confused because the bios file reports different speeds to the official spec sheet... but i'm not very experienced with this, so could anyone assist in analysing the bios file and maybe help me get the card stable? I'm not too fussed about an overclock, just something to stop artifacting, I don't really understand what im doing when attempting to modify the bios file myself in maxwell bios tweaker, figured i'd probably just end up bricking it. thumb.gif

I found a later version of my bios at techpowerup, but again, don't really know if its safe to just drop the latest version bios onto the card, and didnt really understand the values in it too well.

I've tried underclocking the core and memory a bit in MSI afterburner, but no change. Unable to modify voltage.

I've attached my factory bios.

Thanks guys really appreciate the help with this!



GM200.zip 152k .zip file
Edited by cogrady84 - 8/27/16 at 7:42am
post #7084 of 8562
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogrady84 View Post

Hi guys, got the Zotac 980ti Amp Extreme on sale recently and having some trouble with factory OC.

I've not actually attempted to modify anything yet, but I noticed quite quickly that I was getting pixel sized multicoloured dots following contours in images on my desktop and in games, just with the factory OC. It's not overheating, drivers are 372.54.

I am reluctant to return the card, as it was the last one in stock, so no replacement possible.
flash zotac AMP Omega bios. it's same cards, just Omega units can't handle Extreme clocks.

you can be second person(include me) with awful OCed card. my OMEGA has the worst OC at this forum) -1380mhz
post #7085 of 8562
im not fussed about the overclock, I just want to have my card running without artifacts so I can actually use it.

What would flashing the omega bios do to fix the artifacts? can you link to the bios?
post #7086 of 8562
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogrady84 View Post

im not fussed about the overclock, I just want to have my card running without artifacts so I can actually use it.

What would flashing the omega bios do to fix the artifacts? can you link to the bios?
if your chip just can't handle Extreme clocks -this bios may help.
if your chip is RMA - flashing this bios won't help
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/177331/zotac-gtx980ti-6144-150701
post #7087 of 8562
Ok, wow this appears to have fixed the problem. Amazing!

What exactly has that done? Just underclocked the core/mem and undervolted?

Any other suggestions to maybe claw back a bit of performance without getting artifacts?
post #7088 of 8562
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogrady84 View Post

Ok, wow this appears to have fixed the problem. Amazing!

What exactly has that done? Just underclocked the core/mem and undervolted?

Any other suggestions to maybe claw back a bit of performance without getting artifacts?
you can monitor it yourself. i have same voltage with Omega and Extreme bios. Gpu-z shows 1.187v
one thing i can't understand -your gpu-z's screenshot already shows Omega clocks. 1178-1279mhz are Omega clocks
are you sure that you bought Extreme card, not Omega?
post #7089 of 8562
I spoke too soon, got artifacts in BF4 frown.gif is the only fix to RMA then?

Thats what I was confused about, the clocks on gpuz arent correct, definately bought the extreme though. Is there a way to tell what card it is without getting the box off the top of the wardrobe?
post #7090 of 8562
I've just checked and mine is the Omega edition, what a prat... sorry!! Ok with this new information, any further ideas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )