Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) - Page 857

post #8561 of 8685
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatomalo View Post

Hi is it safe to undervolt my overclocked card? I am running 1.281.3v at load, but it's getting very toasty @ around 85c+ on load.
I have changed thermal paste but it did not do much. I do not want to compromise on my overclock, but it would be safe to lower voltage right?
And if it does not function well i can just raise?

I have tried lowering it, but it also lowers my clock frequency

Unfortunately theres not a way to undervolt your card. Unless you use the bios tweaker to adjust your clocks and voltage. Then flash that bios to your card so it won't drop clocks when you drop voltage. It will take sometimes to see if you are stable with your undervolted card.
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8562 of 8685
Well, that's what I was doing, I was probably not clear enough. My card is BIOS overclocked by Besttt I think.
But its always running very hot, now I have talked to people in the overclocking community and figured out that my CPU is fine running under 80c which it never hits, as 68c is about the hottest it gets @4.6ghz(4790k). Now I had to set a silent fan curve for my 970 since its extremely audible at high fan speeds(80-100%) so I lowered it to 60 at highest and want to undervolt it but keep clock speeds.
I know I can lower temp target and get a cooler card and I am considering it. But it might also degrade performance if I do so, causing it to throttle earlier.

My case is a mini-itx SFF and probably the reason for a very hot GPU.

If I drop voltage to 1.250 it will not go above 1350mhz ish(don't remember the exact number)
while on 1.281.3 it goes 1518mhz.

And yes I know it might be unstable and I would have to reflash it with a higher voltage, as I guess its the same process as with a CPU =)

Also is 82c an acceptable temperature for my GPU as its max limit is 98c and I believe it will throttle at 91c.




Edited by vatomalo - 11/25/17 at 4:40am
post #8563 of 8685
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatomalo View Post

Well, that's what I was doing, I was probably not clear enough. My card is BIOS overclocked by Besttt I think.
But its always running very hot, now I have talked to people in the overclocking community and figured out that my CPU is fine running under 80c which it never hits, as 68c is about the hottest it gets @4.6ghz(4790k). Now I had to set a silent fan curve for my 970 since its extremely audible at high fan speeds(80-100%) so I lowered it to 60 at highest and want to undervolt it but keep clock speeds.
I know I can lower temp target and get a cooler card and I am considering it. But it might also degrade performance if I do so, causing it to throttle earlier.

My case is a mini-itx SFF and probably the reason for a very hot GPU.

If I drop voltage to 1.250 it will not go above 1350mhz ish(don't remember the exact number)
while on 1.281.3 it goes 1518mhz.

And yes I know it might be unstable and I would have to reflash it with a higher voltage, as I guess its the same process as with a CPU =)

Also is 82c an acceptable temperature for my GPU as its max limit is 98c and I believe it will throttle at 91c.



So to sum everything up. You would like to keep GPU performance and run more quite. I'm not trying to be rude. You could keep everything stock in the BIOS tweaker and just adjust fans curves to be more quite. There are basically 2 reason to flash a bios. More performance or less sound. You cant get the best of both worlds unless you do some hard mods to your card. As for under volting your card. It's possible but it is a lengthy process in doing so. And your are running pretty hot. If you can your card running for 30 mins at your max temps it would lead to thermal run off untill it was throttled down by the your max temperature limit
Edited by JCOC - 11/25/17 at 9:06am
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8564 of 8685
@vatomalo the cheapest way to get what you want is a bigger case and a NZXT AIO with the GPU bracket. Epic performance and at a very low sound. But that might not be your cup of tea. If it's not the you will have to go full water loop
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8565 of 8685
post #8566 of 8685

I also stand by that method. I use a similar method when I am submitting scores on HWbot.
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8567 of 8685
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCOC View Post

I also stand by that method. I use a similar method when I am submitting scores on HWbot.
nzxt g10/g12 or corsair n series gpu mounting brackets are all extremely overpriced. i would rather go for zip ties.

it is really shame that aio manufactures/oem factory do not produce gpu mounting bracket just like what they would offer on those cpu mounting brackets.
as far as i am concerned, even the most expensive am4 mounting bracket, is just ~$10 usd.
nzxt charges us ~$30. **** that.
Edited by asdkj1740 - 11/25/17 at 9:23am
post #8568 of 8685
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdkj1740 View Post

nzxt g10/g12 or corsair n series gpu mounting brackets are all extremely overpriced. i would rather go for zip ties.

it is really shame that aio manufactures/oem factory do not produce gpu mounting bracket just like what they would offer on those cpu mounting brackets.
as far as i am concern, even the most expensive am4 mounting bracket, is just ~$10 usd.
nzxt charges us ~$30. **** that.

I see where you are coming from but I never let money take the fun away from my passion. And my passion is higher scores on HWbot. I have already ordered a Dragon F1 Extreme Dark LN2 pot from kingpin cooling. Lol
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8569 of 8685
Not to mention I own and run a landscaping business so all of my money comes from my sweat and blood. So if I were to look at money as a reason not to bench higher on HWbot, I wouldnt be ranked what I am now without LN2.
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Z270-S-7700K
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270 SuperCarrier NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8GB) @2667 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair CX750M 
Case
Thermaltake Core P3 Red Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8570 of 8685
I have that in my thoughts and i have cut a hole on the top of my case and one in the side, for exhaust, the thing is its working so well i do not know if i would put a radiator there now. Anyways i do not have the cash for it now.

I could easily add 2 more 120mm fans on the backplate, but they would not be connected to PWM and also noisy fans.
Edited by vatomalo - 11/25/17 at 10:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request )