Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Swan speaker M200 mk III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swan speaker M200 mk III - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Not without the use of a receiver. The Swan M200 MKIII is NOT designed to be used with a subwoofer and there are no crossover on the built in amplifier. If you are thinking about integrating a sub down the line into a 2.0 powered setup, I would recommend the Audioengine A5+ instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiihokatti View Post

Actually there are ways to add the crossover without any receivers.
For example SVS PB-1000 has line level input/output, and the line level outputs feature a fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter.
And modern soundcards have that "bass redirection" feature.

What about JBL LSR 305. can i add a sub later on ?
or most 2.0 speakers dont have the option to add a sub. besides using a Soundcard / receiver
because im gaming im worried 2.0 wont be suffiecient comparing it to the 2.1 hivi m50w. or if JBL LSR 305 can add another sub without using a soundcard / receiver ( i dont own any of that at the moment)
i heard a 2.1 would be better for gaming ? comparing to a 2.0 M200 mkII . not sure about MKIII though
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhowk View Post


What about JBL LSR 305. can i add a sub later on ?
or most 2.0 speakers dont have the option to add a sub. besides using a Soundcard / receiver
because im gaming im worried 2.0 wont be suffiecient comparing it to the 2.1 hivi m50w. or if JBL LSR 305 can add another sub without using a soundcard / receiver ( i dont own any of that at the moment)
i heard a 2.1 would be better for gaming ? comparing to a 2.0 M200 mkII . not sure about MKIII though
Generally active speakers won't have any kind of support for subs.
Instead, the sub must have support for active speakers (aka. line level output and/or low pass filter).
Or have a soundcard with bass management feature.
Or just forget about crossover and use a splitter cable for the speakers and sub (meaning that both get the same audio signal).

And also: If you don't own a soundcard then where are you going to connect the speakers? Onboard soundcard of a motherboard also counts as a soundcard.



EDIT: Here is the manual for SVS PB-1000 subwoofer. Check the page 11/16 for detailed instructions on how you connect active speakers to a subwoofer. The instructions apply to every subwoofer... ever?
TL;DR: There are multiple ways to connect active speakers to a sub.
Edited by Tiihokatti - 9/21/15 at 5:26am
Silent Hawk
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,2GHz delidded Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Asus Geforce GTX 1070 Dual OC 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx 120gb SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW ID-Cooling SE-214X 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x AC F12 1x Glide Stream Windows 10 Finlux 40" UHD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Speedlink Ultor Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Logitech G502 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Hifiman HE-400 Objective2 Amplifier OR-210Hi speakers Chinese mini speaker-amplifier 
Other
Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Hawk
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,2GHz delidded Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Asus Geforce GTX 1070 Dual OC 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx 120gb SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW ID-Cooling SE-214X 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x AC F12 1x Glide Stream Windows 10 Finlux 40" UHD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Speedlink Ultor Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Logitech G502 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Hifiman HE-400 Objective2 Amplifier OR-210Hi speakers Chinese mini speaker-amplifier 
Other
Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiihokatti View Post

Generally active speakers won't have any kind of support for subs.
Instead, the sub must have support for active speakers (aka. line level output and/or low pass filter).
Or have a soundcard with bass management feature.
Or just forget about crossover and use a splitter cable for the speakers and sub (meaning that both get the same audio signal).

And also: If you don't own a soundcard then where are you going to connect the speakers? Onboard soundcard of a motherboard also counts as a soundcard.



EDIT: Here is the manual for SVS PB-1000 subwoofer. Check the page 11/16 for detailed instructions on how you connect active speakers to a subwoofer. The instructions apply to every subwoofer... ever?
TL;DR: There are multiple ways to connect active speakers to a sub.
does splitter cable affect the sound quality ? or it will sound equally as good ?
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhowk View Post

does splitter cable affect the sound quality ? or it will sound equally as good ?

Splitter or switch?
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Splitter or switch?
connect a 2.0 and a subwoofer into a single plug is a splitter right ?
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhowk View Post

connect a 2.0 and a subwoofer into a single plug is a splitter right ?

Can you describe the topology of your connections please?
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Can you describe the topology of your connections please?
Hi today i went to the local store finally!
i tried the Hivi swan mkIII i know you havent tested it yourself but here is what i think They have warm and smooth sound. But lack of focus(not mistaken for clarity) and also lack of punchly bass.
is there a way i could add a subwoofer to it and make up for the lack of bass ? and btw my country have no dayton subwoofer. is there a few options you could recommend for subwoofer ? if you think hivi swan mkIII will sound great if i pair it with a subwoofer. thanks
post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 
bump
post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Can you describe the topology of your connections please?
just connecting the mkIII to the h6 subwoofer by swan using https://www.google.com/search?q=rca+subwoofer+cables+difference&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMIm9jgwP3NyAIVDJCOCh2sPglX&biw=1920&bih=955#tbm=isch&q=rca+cable&imgrc=a1YRsIqu-SAIaM%3A
and the h6 to source (phone or desktop)
post #20 of 20
Thread Starter 
Are JBL LSR305 worth 540$ ? a pair /?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Swan speaker M200 mk III