Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Just me who wants a120hz+ 24" non-tn higher then 1080 screen?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just me who wants a120hz+ 24" non-tn higher then 1080 screen? - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzuper View Post

Oh yeah, im talking about 120hz+ ofc.. -_____-
Why play if you dont play competitively, i never understood the casuals. Just go outside for that stuff. : ]

So you're saying every game you've ever played, you've played it competitively?
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duality92 View Post

So you're saying every game you've ever played, you've played it competitively?

Some people are all about BEATING the game, even SP. I am partly like that, but even BEATING SP games is best with great image quality. MP is different though.
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzuper View Post

Oh yeah, im talking about 120hz+ ofc.. -_____-
Why play if you dont play competitively, i never understood the casuals. Just go outside for that stuff. : ]

I dunno, to have fun? I know it's a crazy idea, playing games for fun, but some people do it... We may never know what goes through their heads.
Number Five
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3930K GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 Seagate 600 SSD Crucial MX100 SSD 
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
Corsair Hydro Series H80i Dell UltraSharp U2414H Dell UltraSharp U2414H Dell UltraSharp U2415 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS ProArt PA248Q Corsair RM1000i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-2520M Intel HD Graphics 3000 DDR3 Seagate 600 SSD 
Hard DriveMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 PRO 1600x900 TN Laptop Display 
  hide details  
Reply
Number Five
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3930K GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 Seagate 600 SSD Crucial MX100 SSD 
CoolingMonitorMonitorMonitor
Corsair Hydro Series H80i Dell UltraSharp U2414H Dell UltraSharp U2414H Dell UltraSharp U2415 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS ProArt PA248Q Corsair RM1000i Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-2520M Intel HD Graphics 3000 DDR3 Seagate 600 SSD 
Hard DriveMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 PRO 1600x900 TN Laptop Display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenwing View Post

I dunno, to have fun? I know it's a crazy idea, playing games for fun, but some people do it... We may never know what goes through their heads.

Rediculous! : ]

I have no problem pushing the fps, most competetive games are lightweight. I just need that high res for the desktop, staring at my iphone - looking up at my 1080 24", i see Pixels - and the space between them! Catastrophy!
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzuper View Post

Rediculous! : ]

I have no problem pushing the fps, most competetive games are lightweight. I just need that high res for the desktop, staring at my iphone - looking up at my 1080 24", i see Pixels - and the space between them! Catastrophy!

Weird, i have an iphone and a 1080p 24" and i don't see pixels, but i'm also 2-3 ft away from the screen. Going into <2ft range i can start seeing pixels a little if i focus on them, but that's too close.
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzuper View Post

27 inches is too big to game on, even 24 is stretching it.. I have a big tv to watch stuff on. IS IT JUST ME!?

 

 

I do not see the relevance of your question.

Perhaps you have a small computer desk and sit real close? Or lean over your desk when typing? Why even play on anything less than a 32" ? To me that is the problem in the market, no high-end gaming monitors for adults. Just frill marketing thingies for for dormers.

 

 

I have a 70" 4k Samsung TV. Don't see what that has to do with my computer desk and gaming.

post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula m View Post


I do not see the relevance of your question.
Perhaps you have a small computer desk and sit real close? Or lean over your desk when typing? Why even play on anything less than a 32" ? To me that is the problem in the market, no high-end gaming monitors for adults. Just frill marketing thingies for for dormers.


I have a 70" 4k Samsung TV. Don't see what that has to do with my computer desk and gaming.


The thing is, you need some overview when youre playing a fast paced game, you dont have time to move your head/eyes around so much.. At larger than 24" the distance between you and the screen become very long, if you want that precious overview of whats happening on the screen..
post #18 of 24
I've owned a few 24" units... NO WAY I would go back to them after going 27". Larger monitors = greater immersion. THAT is the reason so many here are choosing that size (and larger) now. Look at the thread topics here pointing to that. And that is probably the reason you are saying "Is it just me...?" biggrin.gif

Gaming (or anything) on 24" is too underwhelming to me after being on 27". I dont move my head/eyes around much as you state, in fact 3" bigger than 24" isnt enough to cause that for me (or for the multitudes of happy 27" campers here). Pretty sure it would be an issue if I was on a 40" screen, but I'm not. Even so, I'm beginning to feel 27" is too small now and looking to go bigger, like maybe 32". Yes, there may be a few who feel 27" is too big for them but I think they are in a minority here.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Taichi GTX 1070 AMP! 16gb Vengeance 3200mhz 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Qnix QX2710, Yamakasi DS270, Catleap 2b XFX 750W Pro CM Sniper BE SBZx 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Taichi GTX 1070 AMP! 16gb Vengeance 3200mhz 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Qnix QX2710, Yamakasi DS270, Catleap 2b XFX 750W Pro CM Sniper BE SBZx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by blued View Post

I've owned a few 24" units... NO WAY I would go back to them after going 27". Larger monitors = greater immersion. THAT is the reason so many here are choosing that size (and larger) now. Look at the thread topics here pointing to that. And that is probably the reason you are saying "Is it just me...?" biggrin.gif

Gaming (or anything) on 24" is too underwhelming to me after being on 27". I dont move my head/eyes around much as you state, in fact 3" bigger than 24" isnt enough to cause that for me (or for the multitudes of happy 27" campers here). Pretty sure it would be an issue if I was on a 40" screen, but I'm not. Even so, I'm beginning to feel 27" is too small now and looking to go bigger, like maybe 32". Yes, there may be a few who feel 27" is too big for them but I think they are in a minority here.

You would have to sit quite far away to see the whole image on a 32" monitor. Its almost like a TV. For a 40" TV, it is advised to sit at least 6ft away from it. I have to sit arm-length away from my 24" monitor to focus on the whole picture and I have perfect vision and LONG arms. Any more than that and at that distance all I could focus on would the middle 50% of the screen, not the whole screen.
post #20 of 24
Oh yeah, im talking about 120hz+ ofc.. -_____-
Why play if you dont play competitively, i never understood the casuals. Just go outside for that stuff. : ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzuper View Post

Rediculous! : ]

I have no problem pushing the fps, most competetive games are lightweight. I just need that high res for the desktop, staring at my iphone - looking up at my 1080 24", i see Pixels - and the space between them! Catastrophy!

you sound like a dipstick to me - games are not just about being competitive, but then i see you only see black and white rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Just me who wants a120hz+ 24" non-tn higher then 1080 screen?