Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Need help modifying case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help modifying case - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg View Post

Hi all i have a NZXT 450

running a 8350 is hot business im getting nuts MB temps and need to add a fan blowing behind the motherboard. how do i cut the panel and what would you do? how would you do it? im sure there's heaps of you that have modded the back case panel!!

im ok with mounting the fan on the outside of the case but what about filtering the air of dust?

Thanks guys!


Its easy. A drill, 4.5" hole saw and some c clamps


post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjames61 View Post

Its easy. A drill, 4.5" hole saw and some c clamps



What fan grill is that?
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg View Post

What fan grill is that?

Silverstone. A couple bucks at Microcenter.
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjames61 View Post

Silverstone. A couple bucks at Microcenter.

ill see if i can find one in Australia. cheers
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
i cut a hole for a 120mm fan used an old magnetic silverstone dust cover screwed the fan to it and it mounts to the outside of the case on the dust cover. will do for now, dropped socket temps massively !! im not to worried about looks on that side because i cant see it.

Thanks for the help guys
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg View Post

i cut a hole for a 120mm fan used an old magnetic silverstone dust cover screwed the fan to it and it mounts to the outside of the case on the dust cover. will do for now, dropped socket temps massively !! im not to worried about looks on that side because i cant see it.

Thanks for the help guys
Congrats smile.gif
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg View Post

ill see if i can find one in Australia. cheers


You asked, I told you.thumb.gif
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
ill have to take some pics of what i ended up doing!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Need help modifying case