Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Guru3D] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gets DX12 and a Benchmark says AMD (Updated)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Guru3D] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gets DX12 and a Benchmark says AMD (Updated) - Page 5

post #41 of 892
Still not upgrading to Windows 10 until they iron out the performance bugs when it comes to multitasking. I can't listen to music and edit photos in Lightroom at the same time without the music skipping around because Windows 10 can't handle multitasking whereas Windows 7 gives me no problems.

Which means I probably won't be able to play this game on DX 12 until I either upgrade my rig which I'm not going to do, or Windows 10 gets more efficient running multiple cores.
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

Still not upgrading to Windows 10 until they iron out the performance bugs when it comes to multitasking. I can't listen to music and edit photos in Lightroom at the same time without the music skipping around because Windows 10 can't handle multitasking whereas Windows 7 gives me no problems.

Which means I probably won't be able to play this game on DX 12 until I either upgrade my rig which I'm not going to do, or Windows 10 gets more efficient running multiple cores.

Dual boot...its 2015 bro
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

Dual boot...its 2015 bro

I do have an unused SSD sitting in my rig. I might give it a try.
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

Still not upgrading to Windows 10 until they iron out the performance bugs when it comes to multitasking. I can't listen to music and edit photos in Lightroom at the same time without the music skipping around because Windows 10 can't handle multitasking whereas Windows 7 gives me no problems.

Which means I probably won't be able to play this game on DX 12 until I either upgrade my rig which I'm not going to do, or Windows 10 gets more efficient running multiple cores.

I've had something similar when overclocking, are you overclocked? Have you tried multitasking in windows 10 with stock cpu clocks? Also, ive had another time where my usb sound was the problem and my onboard audio was fine. Just wondering if you issue was isolated to you? Don't think i have heard anyone complain about this yet.
post #45 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagget3450 View Post

I've had something similar when overclocking, are you overclocked? Have you tried multitasking in windows 10 with stock cpu clocks? Also, ive had another time where my usb sound was the problem and my onboard audio was fine. Just wondering if you issue was isolated to you? Don't think i have heard anyone complain about this yet.

no it's all stock. I've already posted on this issue and I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. I've done a ton of research and in the end I had to go back to 7.
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagget3450 View Post

I've had something similar when overclocking, are you overclocked? Have you tried multitasking in windows 10 with stock cpu clocks? Also, ive had another time where my usb sound was the problem and my onboard audio was fine. Just wondering if you issue was isolated to you? Don't think i have heard anyone complain about this yet.

no it's all stock. I've already posted on this issue and I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. I've done a ton of research and in the end I had to go back to 7.
well I know your issue it is your 970a motherboard it won't allow your NB and HT to run at proper clocks only the 990fx board will proper stock clocks for your processor are 2200mhz NB and 2600mhz HT with the 970a motherboard you are running like 1800-2000mhz Nb and around 2200mhz-2400mhz HT this trips out the windows 10 OS AKA the power saving section of the OS because it isn't the proper settings for the FX 9000 / 8300 / 4300 / 6300 series also if you would have went the 990fx board you could have got better performance in general.

That and that 970a motherboard was never designed to run the FX 8000 series to begin with the power delivery on that board is way to small it will cause throttling issues and for cores to be randomly shut off AKA parked due to power constraints the motherboard can't feed / supply. The 970a motherboard was designed for at max the 6000 series CPU and even then it was dicey to say the least.

We already know a stock FX 8350 under load can pull around 150w or more and your motherboard the 970 one has 0 cooling at all on the VRM's do the math that is like running your car without a radiator or simply without coolant and VRM's overheating and throttling the CPU back is the outcome.

I will also point out even on a 990fx motherboard you need to manually set your NB and HT there is a bug where it will underclock the NB and HT and this robs performance out the gate somebody else with a 990fx / 970a motherboard can simply run something like HWinfo and see this or even AMD overdrive NB is suppose to be 2200mhz and HT is suppose to be 2600mhz this is the oem frequency directly from AMD for the FX 4300 / 6300 / 8300 / 9000 series.
Edited by rickcooperjr - 10/11/15 at 8:55pm
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

well I know your issue it is your 970a motherboard it won't allow your NB and HT to run at proper clocks only the 990fx board will proper stock clocks for your processor are 2200mhz NB and 2600mhz HT with the 970a motherboard you are running like 1800-2000mhz Nb and around 2200mhz-2400mhz HT this trips out the windows 10 OS AKA the power saving section of the OS because it isn't the proper settings for the FX 9000 / 8300 / 4300 / 6300 series also if you would have went the 990fx board you could have got better performance in general.

That and that 970a motherboard was never designed to run the FX 8000 series to begin with the power delivery on that board is way to small it will cause throttling issues and for cores to be randomly shut off AKA parked due to power constraints the motherboard can't feed / supply. The 970a motherboard was designed for at max the 6000 series CPU and even then it was dicey to say the least.

We already know a stock FX 8350 under load can pull around 150w or more and your motherboard the 970 one has 0 cooling at all on the VRM's do the math that is like running your car without a radiator or simply without coolant and VRM's overheating and throttling the CPU back is the outcome.

I will also point out even on a 990fx motherboard you need to manually set your NB and HT there is a bug where it will underclock the NB and HT and this robs performance out the gate somebody else with a 990fx / 970a motherboard can simply run something like HWinfo and see this or even AMD overdrive NB is suppose to be 2200mhz and HT is suppose to be 2600mhz this is the oem frequency directly from AMD for the FX 4300 / 6300 / 8300 / 9000 series.

yeah I got it because it was cheap and I really don't feel like spending any money upgrading it either. I don't like to spend a lot of money on computers.
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcamaross View Post

And now it's not launching with DX12 support, ugh

“Our teams are working hard to complete the final push required here though, and we expect to release DX12 support on the week of September 5th!” 

That's not too bad.

I would much rather they support Vulkan, though.

Dead Ryzen
(12 items)
 
Penguin Box
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X  MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 16G... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
SAMSUNG SSD 950 PRO 512GB Crucial MX300 2TB Noctua NH-U12S  BenQ XL2730Z - 27” 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard 4 Professional Soft Tactile (MX Br... Seasonic X-850(SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) Fractal Design Define Mini C BenQ ZOWIE EC1-A 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K @4.6 GHz P8Z68-V AMD Radeon RX 480 (ref. design) Mushkin Enhanced Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) (PC3 17000) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Noctua NH-U12 S Arch Linux Seasonic SS-520FL 520W 
Case
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 
  hide details  
Reply
Dead Ryzen
(12 items)
 
Penguin Box
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X  MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 16G... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
SAMSUNG SSD 950 PRO 512GB Crucial MX300 2TB Noctua NH-U12S  BenQ XL2730Z - 27” 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard 4 Professional Soft Tactile (MX Br... Seasonic X-850(SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3) Fractal Design Define Mini C BenQ ZOWIE EC1-A 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K @4.6 GHz P8Z68-V AMD Radeon RX 480 (ref. design) Mushkin Enhanced Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) (PC3 17000) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Noctua NH-U12 S Arch Linux Seasonic SS-520FL 520W 
Case
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcamaross View Post

And now it's not launching with DX12 support, ugh

Hey Hello !? Nvidia needs to be at the top in the market. Okay !!! And to do so, Deus Ex launch shall be held with the DX11 sides.
yay more Nvidia GPU sales thumb.gif

Of course take it as conspiracy theory tongue.gif
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

Hey Hello !? Nvidia needs to be at the top in the market. Okay !!! And to do so, Deus Ex launch shall be held with the DX11 sides.
yay more Nvidia GPU sales thumb.gif

Of course take it as conspiracy theory tongue.gif
If a man can think like that while sitting in front of a pc, then a paranoid billionaire C.E.O. like J.H.H. can surely do it. wink.gif cuz you know something something business, something something profit, something something margins and all that mumbo jumbo tongue.gif
Edited by EightDee8D - 8/17/16 at 6:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Guru3D] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gets DX12 and a Benchmark says AMD (Updated)