Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Wasabi Mango UHD550 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Wasabi Mango UHD550 Owners Club - Page 22

post #211 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyp View Post

You are welcome. Yes, it will take some time getting use to the size. Once you are use to it though, it's hard to go back to anything else!

Correct there is a PPI difference. I came from a 27" 1440p and the PPI didn't bother me too much at first. I was more awed about the immersion experience to really care!!

i just came home to my PC after being away for a few days

Im already used to it!

I already feel that im no longer in "awe" of the size anymore (hopefully that doesnt mean i need a 65" soon!)

But the main thing is that the PPI is definitely lower and messing with my expectations.

If this was a 42" itd probably be more impressive. However the lower PPI whilst not as impressive is offset by the fact that everything is much easier to see

I have scaling set at 125% which i find makes the taskbar comfortable and allows me to lower chrome zoom too. Whats strange is that i think Windows 10 is messed up with multi monitor setup. i have to setup my smaller monitors to match display 125% scaling just to appear "normal" otherwise they look like they miraculously installed a 4k panel inside themselves cause everything is so small.

I have desktop icons set to be LARGE, which is hilarious and comical cause they are like the size of my ear.

Anyone who walks in the room always has an initial shock followed by a "what the -!" moment followed by a gleeful laugh at how ridiculously awesome it is
Especially if i have like a 4k Space nebula wallpaper open or something

Viewing modern smartphone pictures with ridiculous megapixels is a pleasure cuase now i can see the full image without zooming

Im still having trouble viewing that big buck bunny 4k sample. During the scene where the camera is slowly zooming onto his treehouse at the start, the image constantly stutters like its 30fps or something
post #212 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fureien View Post

i just came home to my PC after being away for a few days

Im already used to it!

I already feel that im no longer in "awe" of the size anymore (hopefully that doesnt mean i need a 65" soon!)

But the main thing is that the PPI is definitely lower and messing with my expectations.

If this was a 42" itd probably be more impressive. However the lower PPI whilst not as impressive is offset by the fact that everything is much easier to see

I have scaling set at 125% which i find makes the taskbar comfortable and allows me to lower chrome zoom too. Whats strange is that i think Windows 10 is messed up with multi monitor setup. i have to setup my smaller monitors to match display 125% scaling just to appear "normal" otherwise they look like they miraculously installed a 4k panel inside themselves cause everything is so small.

I have desktop icons set to be LARGE, which is hilarious and comical cause they are like the size of my ear.

Anyone who walks in the room always has an initial shock followed by a "what the -!" moment followed by a gleeful laugh at how ridiculously awesome it is
Especially if i have like a 4k Space nebula wallpaper open or something

Viewing modern smartphone pictures with ridiculous megapixels is a pleasure cuase now i can see the full image without zooming

Im still having trouble viewing that big buck bunny 4k sample. During the scene where the camera is slowly zooming onto his treehouse at the start, the image constantly stutters like its 30fps or something
I still believe 34" 21:9 monitor would be better. Specially for desktop use.
post #213 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

I still believe 34" 21:9 monitor would be better. Specially for desktop use.

For desktop usage, I agree. There was an excellent LG display, 4096x2160 but it was very expensive. Best "traditional" monitor I ever laid eyes on. Even cheaper than UHD 550, there is a Microboard R4K310C that has the high quality LG panel, it's smaller than what you look for but it's the closest thing to what you want and with a decent price, $560 on ebay.
post #214 of 416
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJA1 View Post

EDIT: Had a question about customs but it answered itself.
Mine should arrive soon. I'll have to move the PC into the living room, should get everything set up by Wednesday.

Alright! Be sure to give us your thoughts. Hope you enjoy it!
post #215 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

I still believe 34" 21:9 monitor would be better. Specially for desktop use.

this is probably up to personal preference

but i cannot stand widescreen monitors
I am just too used to 16:10 monitors that the only way i wouldve ever upgraded, was if the physical size of the monitor and resolution was able to offset the widescreen difference

realistically had i not come across this 55" i wouldve jumped on the 42/49 inch without a worry

but its just too awesome seeing my entire wall blanketted with an LCD display with no gaps
post #216 of 416
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fureien View Post

this is probably up to personal preference

but i cannot stand widescreen monitors
I am just too used to 16:10 monitors that the only way i wouldve ever upgraded, was if the physical size of the monitor and resolution was able to offset the widescreen difference

realistically had i not come across this 55" i wouldve jumped on the 42/49 inch without a worry

but its just too awesome seeing my entire wall blanketted with an LCD display with no gaps

Agree personal preference. However, since you have not tried it, you can't 100% be sure you wouldn't like it. wink.gif

I suggest if you are somewhat interest give it a go. You will be amazed by it.
post #217 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyp View Post

Agree personal preference. However, since you have not tried it, you can't 100% be sure you wouldn't like it. wink.gif

I suggest if you are somewhat interest give it a go. You will be amazed by it.

oh i mean to say that i have tried it but i didnt like it

particularly since it was less resolution than my 2560x1600 30" and the extra physical width was minimal compared to the width of the 30"

It was bigger and wider, but due to the lack of veritcal space it felt like someone chopped off the top half of my monitor at the time!
post #218 of 416
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fureien View Post

oh i mean to say that i have tried it but i didnt like it

particularly since it was less resolution than my 2560x1600 30" and the extra physical width was minimal compared to the width of the 30"

It was bigger and wider, but due to the lack of veritcal space it felt like someone chopped off the top half of my monitor at the time!

Sorry fureien this was not directed towards you! I was agreeing with your statement to @MuscleBound and adding on to it! I should have quoted both of you and put my comment under his! Sorry for the confusion!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

I still believe 34" 21:9 monitor would be better. Specially for desktop use.

I agree with @fureien that it is a personal preference. However, since you have not tried it, you can't 100% be sure you wouldn't like it. wink.gif

I suggest if you are somewhat interested give it a go. You will be amazed by the 55".
Edited by curlyp - 6/7/16 at 3:28am
post #219 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyp View Post

Sorry fureien this was not directed towards you! I was agreeing with your statement to @MuscleBound and adding on to it! I should have quoted both of you and put my comment under his! Sorry for the confusion!!
I agree with @fureien that it is a personal preference. However, since you have not tried it, you can't 100% be sure you wouldn't like it. wink.gif

I suggest if you are somewhat interested give it a go. You will be amazed by the 55".
true that- but I don't have money to try both- it'll have to be either 55" or 21:9 34".
55" will be great for blu ray movies and playing from the bed with a wireless controller but up close will be way too much.
post #220 of 416
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

true that- but I don't have money to try both- it'll have to be either 55" or 21:9 34".
55" will be great for blu ray movies and playing from the bed with a wireless controller but up close will be way too much.

Understandable. Have you looked into the UHD 42" or the 49"? It's cheaper and the size maybe better fit for you. Also, don't forget you can create customs 21:9 resolutions to use on this monitor. I have used it several times when playing GW2. This way you get the best of both worlds, 4K big screen monitor and 21:9 widescreen.

I don't think I have any pictures of the custom resolution. When I get home from work I will take some pictures for you so you can see.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Wasabi Mango UHD550 Owners Club