Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie EC1-A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie EC1-A - Page 5

post #41 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiffle View Post

The problem with my EC1-A is the shape of it. The arch is too much in the middle, so I can't palm the mouse even properly. ZA has the arch more to the back/butt side so I should be able to palm it much better. As for my EC2-A it was just a little too small. If EC2-A would have been like 123-125mm instead of 120mm it would have been probably perfect in terms of size. And yeah if there's smoothing... I will be totally screwed up, unless Mionix Castor (which I will probably get in 1-2 weeks once the local store has them in stock again) will save me.

There's also one other thing that bothers me about EC-A series. That would be the side grip. Everytime I grab the mouse it will slide off my hands unless I have a bit wet/sweaty hands. I used some sort of packaging/painters tape to get a good grip on it temporarily. but yeah sadly EC-A isn't that good of a palm mouse at least for me. As I like to have more of my palm on a mouse. I think EC-A series will be good for people who like dragging lower part of their palm against mousepad or if they're looking for an alternative for DeathAdder.

I miss the shape of SideWinder X8 mouse. The shape of that mouse was great. Sadly it is a discontinued product. frown.gif
I saw an imgur album of a user that put grips on the sides of his EC1-A and it looks great. The shape for me is good, but coming from the DA 2013, I position my index finger too far to the left, making the mouse 1 extremely resistant for me. Sorry for the ****ty quality iPhone 4S photo:

edit: Yes I have a piece of tape saying 4" DPI Test for MouseTester.exe on my desk rolleyes.gif
post #42 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

I saw an imgur album of a user that put grips on the sides of his EC1-A and it looks great. The shape for me is good, but coming from the DA 2013, I position my index finger too far to the left, making the mouse 1 extremely resistant for me. Sorry for the ****ty quality iPhone 4S photo:

edit: Yes I have a piece of tape saying 4" DPI Test for MouseTester.exe on my desk rolleyes.gif
yeah the pistol grip tape GT-5000 was it. At least your phone has better quality than mine. http://imgur.com/a/7DQW6 picture of me holding EC2-A . Sucks to have kind of a small palm and long fingers.
post #43 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiffle View Post

yeah the pistol grip tape GT-5000 was it. At least your phone has better quality than mine. http://imgur.com/a/7DQW6 picture of me holding EC2-A . Sucks to have kind of a small palm and long fingers.
Yeah, you definitely would of benefited from the EC1-A, I forget the exact difference in length and what not. I can't say for sure judging by that picture, but it looks like you'd be suited well by a SteelSeries Rival, with your hand size/finger length.
post #44 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

Yeah, you definitely would of benefited from the EC1-A, I forget the exact difference in length and what not. I can't say for sure judging by that picture, but it looks like you'd be suited well by a SteelSeries Rival, with your hand size/finger length.
I have EC1-A the shape just doesn't really fit me and same goes for SteelSeries Rival. On the side note... I prefer lighter mouse. I just hope ZA12 would be the mouse I'm looking for.
post #45 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

Yeah, that might be the issue for me honestly. I'm very sensitive to change, my friend swore that people cannot feel the difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz on my DA 2013, but it's plain as daily to feel the difference for me. I'm using the EC1-A @ 800dpi and it feels like that fixed the pixel skipping. I also ordered the Zowie Speedy SKatez since they have a lot less friction, and I was noticing micro movements felt like the mouse didn't move as well.

In terms of on screen latency for your whole setup, it is said that most people will not be able to notice a difference for setups that have less than 5-6ms of latency, which isn't entirely true. If it was then all mice should be 250Hz (5ms). Then there's how your frames per second converts roughly to ms, and your monitor refresg rate and so on. If taken into account only the very rich should have 5ms as they're the only ones who can afford 250Hz monitors. But 1ms on a mouse still translates to more movement at the least.

I notice going from 125Hz to 2ms, and even yes at 1ms but I also notice how it's less smooth if the polling rate for that setting isn't as good, which they're usually not. With the FK and FK1 the theoretical best setting is 125Hz because it stays within 2 frames of 125Hz when being moved fast, 500Hz has variance more normal of 2-8 or higher frames but it's relatively stable and feels more responsive.

Most mice don't come close to being a rock on 1ms, the Zowie is looking good actually but going above 1ms.
Edited by etplayer - 9/27/15 at 10:10pm
post #46 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiffle View Post

The problem with my EC1-A is the shape of it. The arch is too much in the middle, so I can't palm the mouse even properly. ZA has the arch more to the back/butt side so I should be able to palm it much better. As for my EC2-A it was just a little too small. If EC2-A would have been like 123-125mm instead of 120mm it would have been probably perfect in terms of size. And yeah if there's smoothing... I will be totally screwed up, unless Mionix Castor (which I will probably get in 1-2 weeks once the local store has them in stock again) will save me.

There's also one other thing that bothers me about EC-A series. That would be the side grip. Everytime I grab the mouse it will slide off my hands unless I have a bit wet/sweaty hands. I used some sort of packaging/painters tape to get a good grip on it temporarily. but yeah sadly EC-A isn't that good of a palm mouse at least for me. As I like to have more of my palm on a mouse. I think EC-A series will be good for people who like dragging lower part of their palm against mousepad or if they're looking for an alternative for DeathAdder.

Ah, thanks for the info, I might have to consider a ZA for myself then, as I tend to prefer just filling the whole hand.
post #47 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by etplayer View Post

In terms of on screen latency for your whole setup, it is said that most people will not be able to notice a difference for setups that have less than 5-6ms of latency, which isn't entirely true. If it was then all mice should be 250Hz (5ms). Then there's how your frames per second converts roughly to ms, and your monitor refresg rate and so on. If taken into account only the very rich should have 5ms as they're the only ones who can afford 250Hz monitors. But 1ms on a mouse still translates to more movement at the least.

I notice going from 125Hz to 2ms, and even yes at 1ms but I also notice how it's less smooth if the polling rate for that setting isn't as good, which they're usually not. With the FK and FK1 the theoretical best setting is 125Hz because it stays within 2 frames of 125Hz when being moved fast, 500Hz has variance more normal of 2-8 or higher frames but it's relatively stable and feels more responsive.

Most mice don't come close to being a rock on 1ms, the Zowie is looking good actually but going above 1ms.
So would 500Hz be ideal? I plugged my Deathadder 2013 back in, and played a 10 man and it felt pretty good, and even felt too sensitive. It's hard to into words, but it feels like the Deathadder tracks 100% of the time, and at times the Zowie EC1-A doesn't track my movements, mainly small ones. I wrist aim, and when I make a tiny movement when holding a tight angle, it's sort of delayed, and usually over aims, when in general the mouse feels slower than my Deathadder 2013 so it's not a DPI/Sensitivity issue. I think people refer to what I'm saying as "pixel skipping", so theoretically I thought raising to 800dpi from 400dpi would sort of help with that, then again I'm just started to read up on Gaming Mice / Sensors and what not, so i'm still a n00b biggrin.gif
post #48 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

So would 500Hz be ideal? I plugged my Deathadder 2013 back in, and played a 10 man and it felt pretty good, and even felt too sensitive. It's hard to into words, but it feels like the Deathadder tracks 100% of the time, and at times the Zowie EC1-A doesn't track my movements, mainly small ones. I wrist aim, and when I make a tiny movement when holding a tight angle, it's sort of delayed, and usually over aims, when in general the mouse feels slower than my Deathadder 2013 so it's not a DPI/Sensitivity issue. I think people refer to what I'm saying as "pixel skipping", so theoretically I thought raising to 800dpi from 400dpi would sort of help with that, then again I'm just started to read up on Gaming Mice / Sensors and what not, so i'm still a n00b biggrin.gif

Well either 1000Hz or 500Hz will be good, 500Hz will still be a little bit more stable, which is always a good thing but use 1000Hz if you like it better, with your mouse rate that good it's personal preference anyway.

Did you adjust your LOD correctly for your type of mousepad yet? Having it on the wrong setting can cause issues. There are 3 settings for the ec1-a, cloth pad mode (default), hard pad mode and special surfaces mode (aluminium or glass). You should also raise the LOD if you use more than the standard size mouse feet that comes with it.

The EC1-A has quite large feet, idk if they're bigger than the deathadder but if they are then it will glide more. Also with a more stable polling rate you'll have to lower the sensitivity a little. Other than that you could drop the polling rate to 500Hz if you want for a touch more control.

EDIT: Blah, sorry I think I misread part of what you said and had to re-edit.
Edited by etplayer - 9/28/15 at 5:17am
post #49 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by etplayer View Post

Ah, thanks for the info, I might have to consider a ZA for myself then, as I tend to prefer just filling the whole hand.
Yeah that's probably the best choice of Zowie mouses :3 . If ZA nor Mionix Castor fit my needs, then I will consider buying Func MS 3 R2 although not sure how Func MS 3 R2's sensor will perform, as I have had only two laser mouse and that would have been SteelSeries Sensei RAW and Mionix Naos 8200. People seem to have lots of hate for laser mouses, I didn't have any problem with tracking when I was using Mionix Naos 8200 . It was more like the laser sensor felt more responsive.

As for EC-A's polling rate. I think it stays pretty stable on 1000hz . I mean it does jump like between 980 - 1000 (not sure if this is considered stable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

So would 500Hz be ideal? I plugged my Deathadder 2013 back in, and played a 10 man and it felt pretty good, and even felt too sensitive. It's hard to into words, but it feels like the Deathadder tracks 100% of the time, and at times the Zowie EC1-A doesn't track my movements, mainly small ones. I wrist aim, and when I make a tiny movement when holding a tight angle, it's sort of delayed, and usually over aims, when in general the mouse feels slower than my Deathadder 2013 so it's not a DPI/Sensitivity issue. I think people refer to what I'm saying as "pixel skipping", so theoretically I thought raising to 800dpi from 400dpi would sort of help with that, then again I'm just started to read up on Gaming Mice / Sensors and what not, so i'm still a n00b biggrin.gif
Some say that DeathAdder isn't very stable on 1000hz so best to keep it at 125-500hz . Not sure if this goes for DeathAdder Chroma. I've only owned the 2013 version and it wasn't very stable on 1000hz, so I had to go back to 500hz
Edited by Twiffle - 9/28/15 at 5:46am
post #50 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiffle View Post

Yeah that's probably the best choice of Zowie mouses :3 . If ZA nor Mionix Castor fit my needs, then I will consider buying Func MS 3 R2 although not sure how Func MS 3 R2's sensor will perform, as I have had only two laser mouse and that would have been SteelSeries Sensei RAW and Mionix Naos 8200. People seem to have lots of hate for laser mouses, I didn't have any problem with tracking when I was using Mionix Naos 8200 . It was more like the laser sensor felt more responsive.

As for EC-A's polling rate. I think it stays pretty stable on 1000hz . I mean it does jump like between 980 - 1000 (not sure if this is considered stable)

Pretty stable, I'm just very fussy about it smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie EC1-A