Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Anand] Fable Legends DX12 Benchmark Analysis
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Anand] Fable Legends DX12 Benchmark Analysis - Page 25  

post #241 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devnant View Post

Fact is AMD decided it is for a reason.
no one would buy a card with worse performance and less vram at the same price of one with better performance
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
Wanted: [WTB] GPU upgrade
$210 (USD) or best offer
  
post #242 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devnant View Post

You can´t fully unlock ALL Fury cards out there, can you? Maybe 1 in 5, or 1 in 10. Chances are those are fail FuryX cards that didn´t pass the binning process for a reason AND they are probably poor overclockers anyway.

And it doesn´t really matter if you don´t think water is mandatory on Fury X. Fact is AMD decided it is for a reason.

Oh come on man.. I don't give a damn if only one Fury in history has or ever will be unlocked, it's still proof that you don't require a CLC. Which was your argument, not mine. I just disagreed with it.

Yeah AMD decided it because their heads are so far up their own.. I'll just stop there.
post #243 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post

Oh come on man.. I don't give a damn if only one Fury in history has or ever will be unlocked, it's still proof that you don't require a CLC. Which was your argument, not mine. I just disagreed with it.

Yeah AMD decided it because their heads are so far up their own.. I'll just stop there.

AMD used the CLC to create a top tier product like the Titan X. I don't think it was a need, but it sure doesn't hurt with Fiji being such a giant chip!
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
post #244 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

AMD used the CLC to create a top tier product like the Titan X. I don't think it was a need, but it sure doesn't hurt with Fiji being such a giant chip!

Why the hell they are treating like a Titan is beyond me, the only thing Titan-esque about it is the HBM, and even then it's only 4 gigs..

Yeah, it definitely doesn't hurt, i was just saying it isn't mandatory.
post #245 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

@Mahigan
, I appreciate your commentary in these threads. But you seriously need to start chilling out and cutting some of your brand loyalty out of your factual statements. I understand that you used to work for AMD, but you should be presenting technical information in an unbiased manner, not the most blatantly obvious bias that I've seen to date. You'd go a long way to convincing both sides of the cookie to believe you if you cut out your personal bias.

That, and comment on technical information. AMD does not have the majority of developers allying with them because of low level coding expertise. They don't even have the majority.

Ok so what is your basis for saying they do not?
post #246 of 443
give me a 10 game sample of dx12 not a demo and one game

but yes its looking nice i will admit... still think i will grab a 980 ti tho... fury is just eh...
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
post #247 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar63 View Post

Nvidia: Hey folks look at this amazing card it gives great performance and you pay a premium for this great performance. BTW you want even better performance, something worth this extra we give it to you, sometimes. You can possibly overclock this chip to gain performance more worthy of the premium we charge.

BOTH AMD and Nvidia are playing the OC card. They are both talking about OC performance. So saying that Nvidia are the only ones playing that card, is complete bulls.

Both companies are playing the exact same game. AMD are funding OC contests, the same as Nvidia, and they are both boasting OC results.

The 90% of the market will not buy the top end cards anyway. But AMD and Nvidia both are not only playing on their mid and low range cards. They are playing and boasting on their top end cards in order to sell mid and low range cards.
Friend see nvidia as best cards, him and his friends buy nvidia. Next gen friend see AMD as best card, him ad his friends buy AMD.

When AMD were "winning" in the async results, they boasted about their 290x (which is no longer in manufacturing which is funny), and about the fury x. They did not boast about the 270 or 370 or 380.
When fable suddenly shows better results, its "90% don't overlock anyway, OC cards are not fair, blah blah blah".
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
post #248 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

BOTH AMD and Nvidia are playing the OC card. They are both talking about OC performance. So saying that Nvidia are the only ones playing that card, is complete bulls.

Let's not forget this:

“You’ll be able to overclock this thing like no tomorrow,” AMD CTO Joe Macri said. “This is an overclocker’s dream.”

Anyhow I like seeing stock and factory OC cards in reviews. It is nice to see both as it does give you some sense of what to expect assuming you can OC. When it comes to card releases I do like seeing how much the reviewers can OC cards because you get a decent sampling between them all and thus an idea of what to expect, but I don't expect that when just looking at a piece of software/benchmark.
Edited by CasualCat - 9/25/15 at 1:03pm
Office rig
(25 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M9ACK EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Evo 840 1TB WD Black WD6401AALS WD Scorpio Blue WD3200BEVT Samsung SH-S223Q DVD-R/W 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan X block AlphaCool XT45 360 AlphaCool UT60 240 Swiftech MCP655-PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK D5 x-res XSPC RayStorm Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Series Waterblock Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 BenQ BL3200PT (32" 2560x1440) Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
NZXT Switch 810 Corsair M65 CIG Aegis Goliath Epson Home Cinema 8350 w/92" 16:9 screen 
Other
HTC Vive 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600X Asrock X370 Professional Gaming Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme Edition G.Skill TridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
850 EVO 1TB WD 500GB Velociraptor Crucial MX300 1TB Corsair H105 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 4k TV Corsair AX860 Cooler Master HAF XB EVO 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Corsair Lapdog Pioneer SC-81 Epson Home Cinema 8350 
  hide details  
Office rig
(25 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M9ACK EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Evo 840 1TB WD Black WD6401AALS WD Scorpio Blue WD3200BEVT Samsung SH-S223Q DVD-R/W 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan X block AlphaCool XT45 360 AlphaCool UT60 240 Swiftech MCP655-PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK D5 x-res XSPC RayStorm Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Series Waterblock Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 BenQ BL3200PT (32" 2560x1440) Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
NZXT Switch 810 Corsair M65 CIG Aegis Goliath Epson Home Cinema 8350 w/92" 16:9 screen 
Other
HTC Vive 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600X Asrock X370 Professional Gaming Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme Edition G.Skill TridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
850 EVO 1TB WD 500GB Velociraptor Crucial MX300 1TB Corsair H105 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 4k TV Corsair AX860 Cooler Master HAF XB EVO 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Corsair Lapdog Pioneer SC-81 Epson Home Cinema 8350 
  hide details  
post #249 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

I agree. You can tell he has knowledge and I appreciate him sharing that with us, but his posts (all his posts) are dripping with AMD bias. There are ways to phrase things without it sounding bias, but he doesn't even try.

It is probably because everything he has said is actually a fact with proof to back it up. And you're offended because of your heavy Nvidia fanboy-ism.
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
post #250 of 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

It is probably because everything he has said is actually a fact with proof to back it up. And you're offended because of your heavy Nvidia fanboy-ism.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.... lachen.gif

You must not know me very well.
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Anand] Fable Legends DX12 Benchmark Analysis