Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Overclock.net HWBot Team › Novice Nimble #5 - Overclock.net Strikes Back!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Novice Nimble #5 - Overclock.net Strikes Back! - Page 7

post #61 of 177
I'm having a really hard time believing the guy that got 48k+ with a Titan X used one GPU with his hardware and clocks on the CPU and GPU. poke.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post

My bad man, didn't mean to knock you out kedar, nor did I know I couldn't submit.

I mean it prompted me if I wanted to ALSO submit my just submitted run to the contest so I said sure why not...

I'll delete and ask a mod there to remove it tonight when I get home.

This OC esports is getting me happy and back in the benching game again.

I wonder how I got moved to enthusiast in the first place. Is it just by time ?

EDIT:

I've just deleted the submission. Going to re-submit, without entering OC-Esports. Looks like Kedar is back.

@KedarWolf

Be sure to re-run with 2x overkill. You may get random dropouts on win-10 with PMode, so if that's the case use without. Should improve your score by a bit. Remember, X265 is quite hard on system, you may notice running OverKill may require more volts than x264 stability. Feel free to back down your cache overclock, as it barely improves your score. JPM runs his system at 4.7/4.2 and gets higher score than me due to memory / OS tweaks smile.gif

Yeah, after 1 year you get moved to the Enthusiast league. Thanks for that.

@KedarWolf put these tips to good use! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Hi gang.

Just submitted a score for X265 AMD with my 8320. Wondering if I can still add another one with an 8370E. biggrin.gif

Nice score! Unfotunately Windows 10/8/8.1 aren't allowed for (basically any) benchmarks and you have no CPU-Z tabs showing to validate your score - any chance of you rerunning on Win7/XP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

I'm having a really hard time believing the guy that got 48k+ with a Titan X used one GPU with his hardware and clocks on the CPU and GPU. poke.gif

Looking at his sub-scores they are stupidly big in comparison to your's - Catzilla bugged out (again)? redface.gif
Edited by Noxinite - 10/5/15 at 11:12pm
post #63 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxinite View Post

Nice score! Unfotunately Windows 10/8/8.1 aren't allowed for (basically any) benchmarks and you have no CPU-Z tabs showing to validate your score - any chance of you rerunning on Win7/XP?

ohh. tongue.gif sure will sire! thumb.gif
post #64 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post

My bad man, didn't mean to knock you out kedar, nor did I know I couldn't submit.

I mean it prompted me if I wanted to ALSO submit my just submitted run to the contest so I said sure why not...

I'll delete and ask a mod there to remove it tonight when I get home.

This OC esports is getting me happy and back in the benching game again.

I wonder how I got moved to enthusiast in the first place. Is it just by time ?

EDIT:

I've just deleted the submission. Going to re-submit, without entering OC-Esports. Looks like Kedar is back.

@KedarWolf

Be sure to re-run with 2x overkill. You may get random dropouts on win-10 with PMode, so if that's the case use without. Should improve your score by a bit. Remember, X265 is quite hard on system, you may notice running OverKill may require more volts than x264 stability. Feel free to back down your cache overclock, as it barely improves your score. JPM runs his system at 4.7/4.2 and gets higher score than me due to memory / OS tweaks smile.gif

I reran everything using your settings, should freeze with my CPU at 4.7 ghz but got 8.6 at just over 4.6 by raising my blck a bit..biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 177
Hm... We are now #2, the Overclock.pl Team now has 211 points. And they took us our 1st place in the Ref. Clock Stage... (pretty obvius, they got that 600-something Mhz valid...)
I tried 500x6 (3000Mhz) on my Q9300. No boot, the thing doesn't likes that high FSB...
I will try this weekend to get a higher FSB validation...

EDIT: The BIOS only gives me CPU multipliers of 6-7.5, is there any way to get lower multipliers? (like 5, to run at stock clocks but OCd FSB)
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert Gigabyte GeForce GT 630 (Fermi) 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR-500 2.5-4-... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Some old random SATA drives 2 random drives *unplugged* Arctic Freezer 64 Pro 2x 120mm CM Case Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional 17" Medion 1280x1024 thing NGS Z40 w/ White Alps PS/2 Keyboard Tacens Radix VII 600W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Mystique 631 Logitech M180 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2400 Acer Inc. IPIMB-AR V:1.02 MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition @ Stock 2x4GB G.Skill Rijpaws X @ DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Trion 100 120GB SSD WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD LG Drive CM 412S & MX-4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Blue LED Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits Sony 22" TV @ 1360x768 60Hz TargaVisionary 19-3 @ 1280x1024 75Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius OEM EVGA Supernova G2 550W NOX Coolbay SX Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 407 Creative T20 (Serie I) [Audio] Thorens TD166 MKII Turntable 
OtherOtherOther
[Audio] Allen&Heath XONE 23 Mixer [Audio] Behringer A500 AMP [Monitoring] XSPC Dual 5.25" LCD Temperature Se... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert Gigabyte GeForce GT 630 (Fermi) 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR-500 2.5-4-... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Some old random SATA drives 2 random drives *unplugged* Arctic Freezer 64 Pro 2x 120mm CM Case Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional 17" Medion 1280x1024 thing NGS Z40 w/ White Alps PS/2 Keyboard Tacens Radix VII 600W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Mystique 631 Logitech M180 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2400 Acer Inc. IPIMB-AR V:1.02 MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition @ Stock 2x4GB G.Skill Rijpaws X @ DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Trion 100 120GB SSD WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD LG Drive CM 412S & MX-4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Blue LED Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits Sony 22" TV @ 1360x768 60Hz TargaVisionary 19-3 @ 1280x1024 75Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius OEM EVGA Supernova G2 550W NOX Coolbay SX Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 407 Creative T20 (Serie I) [Audio] Thorens TD166 MKII Turntable 
OtherOtherOther
[Audio] Allen&Heath XONE 23 Mixer [Audio] Behringer A500 AMP [Monitoring] XSPC Dual 5.25" LCD Temperature Se... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasparspeed View Post

Hm... We are now #2, the Overclock.pl Team now has 211 points. And they took us our 1st place in the Ref. Clock Stage... (pretty obvius, they got that 600-something Mhz valid...)
I tried 500x6 (3000Mhz) on my Q9300. No boot, the thing doesn't likes that high FSB...
I will try this weekend to get a higher FSB validation...

EDIT: The BIOS only gives me CPU multipliers of 6-7.5, is there any way to get lower multipliers? (like 5, to run at stock clocks but OCd FSB)

No lower multipliers than 6 on the P5Q-E. For high FSBs on that board you need to deal with the GTL voltages and clock skews. I can get to 530x6 on my E8400 on that board. thumb.gif Keep pushing.
post #67 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxinite View Post

No lower multipliers than 6 on the P5Q-E. For high FSBs on that board you need to deal with the GTL voltages and clock skews. I can get to 530x6 on my E8400 on that board. thumb.gif Keep pushing.
I don't know what GTL Voltages and Clock skews are... I've seen the settings on the BIOS, but IDK what they do...
Maybe i shoud try with my E6850 or even take out my E6600 from my "server" and try with it...
If my maths are right, if i could get around 475Mhz on the FSB, we would be #1s in Ref.Clock again. Sooo, i will keep trying biggrin.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert Gigabyte GeForce GT 630 (Fermi) 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR-500 2.5-4-... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Some old random SATA drives 2 random drives *unplugged* Arctic Freezer 64 Pro 2x 120mm CM Case Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional 17" Medion 1280x1024 thing NGS Z40 w/ White Alps PS/2 Keyboard Tacens Radix VII 600W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Mystique 631 Logitech M180 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2400 Acer Inc. IPIMB-AR V:1.02 MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition @ Stock 2x4GB G.Skill Rijpaws X @ DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Trion 100 120GB SSD WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD LG Drive CM 412S & MX-4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Blue LED Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits Sony 22" TV @ 1360x768 60Hz TargaVisionary 19-3 @ 1280x1024 75Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius OEM EVGA Supernova G2 550W NOX Coolbay SX Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 407 Creative T20 (Serie I) [Audio] Thorens TD166 MKII Turntable 
OtherOtherOther
[Audio] Allen&Heath XONE 23 Mixer [Audio] Behringer A500 AMP [Monitoring] XSPC Dual 5.25" LCD Temperature Se... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert Gigabyte GeForce GT 630 (Fermi) 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR-500 2.5-4-... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Some old random SATA drives 2 random drives *unplugged* Arctic Freezer 64 Pro 2x 120mm CM Case Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional 17" Medion 1280x1024 thing NGS Z40 w/ White Alps PS/2 Keyboard Tacens Radix VII 600W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Mystique 631 Logitech M180 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2400 Acer Inc. IPIMB-AR V:1.02 MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition @ Stock 2x4GB G.Skill Rijpaws X @ DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Trion 100 120GB SSD WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD LG Drive CM 412S & MX-4 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Blue LED Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits Sony 22" TV @ 1360x768 60Hz TargaVisionary 19-3 @ 1280x1024 75Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius OEM EVGA Supernova G2 550W NOX Coolbay SX Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 407 Creative T20 (Serie I) [Audio] Thorens TD166 MKII Turntable 
OtherOtherOther
[Audio] Allen&Heath XONE 23 Mixer [Audio] Behringer A500 AMP [Monitoring] XSPC Dual 5.25" LCD Temperature Se... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasparspeed View Post

I don't know what GTL Voltages and Clock skews are... I've seen the settings on the BIOS, but IDK what they do...
Maybe i shoud try with my E6850 or even take out my E6600 from my "server" and try with it...
If my maths are right, if i could get around 475Mhz on the FSB, we would be #1s in Ref.Clock again. Sooo, i will keep trying biggrin.gif

Right, my settings for 500 FSB 32M stable were:
  • 1.4V FSB Termination
  • 1.4V North-Bridge.
  • 0.610 GTL Voltage 0/2 (this depends on CPU).
  • 0.670 GTL Voltage 1/3 (this depends on CPU).
  • 0.610 North-Bridge GTL Reference
  • North-Bridge Clock Skew 100ps

However, this was with a 5000RPM fan on my North-Bridge heatsink, so proceed with caution.

Edit: Will update the scoreboard tommorow morning.
Edited by Noxinite - 10/7/15 at 1:59pm
post #69 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxinite View Post

Right, my settings for 500 FSB 32M stable were:
  • 1.4V FSB Termination
  • 1.4V North-Bridge.
  • 0.610 GTL Voltage 0/2 (this depends on CPU).
  • 0.670 GTL Voltage 1/3 (this depends on CPU).
  • 0.610 North-Bridge GTL Reference
  • North-Bridge Clock Skew 100ps

However, this was with a 5000RPM fan on my North-Bridge heatsink, so proceed with caution.

Edit: Will update the scoreboard tommorow morning.

Those volts are quite safe... Nothing to worry about there thumb.gif
Bench Stuffs
(32 items)
 
ITX Daily Driver
(11 items)
 
For Sale: 6GHz+ 980X
$225 (USD) or best offer
CPUCPUCPUCPU
Intel Core i7 920 Intel Xeon W3520 Intel Core i7 4770K Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
Intel Pentium G3258 Intel QX9650 AMD FX 4300 Intel E2140 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
E4300 Asus Rampage Extreme / P5E3 Deluxe / Gigabyte X... MSI GTX 275 Lightning MSI HD 7970 Lightning 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
Asus GTX 285 Matrix Platinum MSI HD 5870 Lightning EVGA GTX 980 TI Classified K|ngp|n Edition MSI GTX 580 Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 10-12-12 Samsung Corsair Dominator GT 2000 7-8-7 Hypers Kingston HyperX 2000 9-9-9 BBSE G.Skill Trident 2000 9-9-9 PSC 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now! 128GB Patriot Torqx 2 32GB Seagate 80GB XPSC Rasa + EK VGA + HWLabs Black Ice GTX 360 +... 
OSOSOSKeyboard
W7 Pro x64 SP1 Windows XP x86 SP3 W8.1 Ducky Shine 3, Cherry Brown Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy V2.5! <3 Logitech G5 Battlefield 2142 Edition Puretrak Stealth 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench Stuffs
(32 items)
 
ITX Daily Driver
(11 items)
 
For Sale: 6GHz+ 980X
$225 (USD) or best offer
CPUCPUCPUCPU
Intel Core i7 920 Intel Xeon W3520 Intel Core i7 4770K Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
Intel Pentium G3258 Intel QX9650 AMD FX 4300 Intel E2140 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
E4300 Asus Rampage Extreme / P5E3 Deluxe / Gigabyte X... MSI GTX 275 Lightning MSI HD 7970 Lightning 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
Asus GTX 285 Matrix Platinum MSI HD 5870 Lightning EVGA GTX 980 TI Classified K|ngp|n Edition MSI GTX 580 Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMRAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 10-12-12 Samsung Corsair Dominator GT 2000 7-8-7 Hypers Kingston HyperX 2000 9-9-9 BBSE G.Skill Trident 2000 9-9-9 PSC 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now! 128GB Patriot Torqx 2 32GB Seagate 80GB XPSC Rasa + EK VGA + HWLabs Black Ice GTX 360 +... 
OSOSOSKeyboard
W7 Pro x64 SP1 Windows XP x86 SP3 W8.1 Ducky Shine 3, Cherry Brown Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Dimastech Easy V2.5! <3 Logitech G5 Battlefield 2142 Edition Puretrak Stealth 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx View Post

Those volts are quite safe... Nothing to worry about there thumb.gif

Just feel like I should attach a warning to all my recommendations in case something goes wrong. *shrugs*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net HWBot Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Overclock.net HWBot Team › Novice Nimble #5 - Overclock.net Strikes Back!