Of course i did.
Since Catalyst 14.4...
But it needs to be described in forum posts as well, out in the open so to speak.
So, resuming, the details of my report.
- > One out of three or four times, after a fresh boot or reboot, my Eyefinity setup is broken: only the right monitor (3) will have the taskbar. So screen 3 has become 1, screen 1 and 2 have become 2 and 3.
I then have to power off the MST-Hub, and after i hear the Windows' sound of disconnect, power it back on, and CCC restores my original Eyefinity setup.
- > Or, when starting up, one of the three screens may stay black. Or even all three! Until i power-off the MST-Hub (hear Windows sound of 'hardware disconnected'), and back on again to restore my 3-screen Eyefinity.
- > Or, after starting up, fully loaded Windows desktop is:
Left monitor is 1920×1200, has all the icons but no taskbar at the bottom. Center monitor is 800 × 600 resolution, with a big fat taskbar. Right monitor is black.
Of course, i power off the MST-Hub, and after i hear the Windows' sound of disconnect, power it back on, and CCC has restored my original Eyefinity setup.
- > I had 'go to sleep' for monitor set to 45 minutes. An hour later i move the mouse, and only the right-side monitor wakes up....
Since then i have it set to 1 minute. Eyefinity woke up correctly for several times now. But it should work correctly always, at all settings!
- > I left that PC on with the monitors sleeping for 8 hours, power still set to 1 minute.
Moved the mouse to wake them up, and only the right side monitor woke up.
Catalyst 15.9.1. Beta.
Windows 7 ×64.
I personally have noticed this issue from Catalyst 14.4 and up.
I have 'restore windows at logon' enabled. The "new thing" with these latest Catalyst drivers (i went from 15.7.1 to 15.9.1) is, that the previous open windows are NOT anymore stacked on top of each other in the top left corner of desktop, they are now where they were before, where they belong and are expected.
So it seems that SOME attempt at fixing has been done on the issue, just not a full fix yet.
Sapphire HD7970 crossfire.
Monitors = 3 x Dell U2410 in landscape 5760 x 1200.
Connection: DisplayPort output on card -> Club3D CSV-5300 MST-Hub -> DisplayPort (native) input on all 3 monitors.
CPU: Intel i7 2700K
motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
System memory: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY32GX3M4A1866C9
PSU wattage: 1000 W
Edited by CurvedLine - 10/11/15 at 1:47pm