Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [WCCFTECH] Nano/Fury Vs. Titan-X Fable Legends DX12 Benchmark
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCFTECH] Nano/Fury Vs. Titan-X Fable Legends DX12 Benchmark - Page 13

post #121 of 147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithh View Post

Not in terms of CPU performance. In a game AMD suffers from major CPU overhead, with the resolution set to 720p/low settings a fury x would perform worse than a 950 orsomething.

All of a sudden 720P matters when it fits your argument? And I am not even going to bother researching this because its obvious you're just grasping for air.
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

All of a sudden 720P matters when it fits your argument? And I am not even going to bother researching this because its obvious you're just grasping for air.

720p... lol

That argument in itself is hilarious! What a junk resolution to make claims around.
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

720p... lol

That argument in itself is hilarious! What a junk resolution to make claims around.
true. but fury x is crap for 1080p 144hz monitors as well. I get all the directx 12 excitement but don't you wanna your new 2016 GPU to perform better in dx11 as well ? amd's never gonna do that, however fast the next series will be until the overhead is reduced there's no chance of improvement. I had 290 1100/1600 giving up @1080p in FC4 outposts, running 50-52fps even though the avg would be over 80 fps. That's screwed up, totally.
post #124 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

true. but fury x is crap for 1080p 144hz monitors as well. I get all the directx 12 excitement but don't you wanna your new 2016 GPU to perform better in dx11 as well ? amd's never gonna do that, however fast the next series will be until the overhead is reduced there's no chance of improvement. I had 290 1100/1600 giving up @1080p in FC4 outposts, running 50-52fps even though the avg would be over 80 fps. That's screwed up, totally.

1080p is more relevant than 720p. biggrin.gif

If I had a 144hz monitor and was buying a gpu today to run that monitor, it would be a 980Ti. No argument from me there.
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

true. but fury x is crap for 1080p 144hz monitors as well. I get all the directx 12 excitement but don't you wanna your new 2016 GPU to perform better in dx11 as well ? amd's never gonna do that, however fast the next series will be until the overhead is reduced there's no chance of improvement. I had 290 1100/1600 giving up @1080p in FC4 outposts, running 50-52fps even though the avg would be over 80 fps. That's screwed up, totally.

This is the 3rd time you brought up FC4 not working to your liking to make your point across. Whatever problem you had with FC4 on 290 in the past I am sure it has been fixed by now.

And Fury-X isn't bad on 1080P like you make it sound.

Here are benchmarks from 4 months ago on 1080P when reference Fury-X still had immature drivers compared to a aftermarket 980TI(Oc'ed)

I personally wouldn't buy Fury-X, I would rather buy 980TI, but come on man, Fury-X is not "crap".





Edited by ImJJames - 10/5/15 at 8:53am
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

oh my god it's so fun watching amd people get frustrated if you're not one of them anymore. so gameworks is responsible for amd's mediocrity in dx11, not themselves. we'd better get rid of hbao+, enhanced godrays, DoF, which all look amazing combined together cause AMD can't perform as well as nvidia with them on. haha. my friend, I could turn down all the settings to medium and turn off any gameworks features and still I'd be dropping under 60 on 290 @1080p. overhead is not a GPU limitation.
it isnt? so if i turn physx on on any amd card i will suddenly have it working on the gpu or on the cpu? if i turn all of the gameworks feature on how many of them will be off loaded on the cpu because they are on a vendor id lock?rolleyes.gif
we all know for a fact what gw is doing the point wasnt that but you bait for some unknown reason...
yes i am an amd guy and i find it stupid to talk about perfomance on a nvidia game or talking about 720p as a fact of something..
same will go if i state that no nvidia card cant hash anything on litecoin because they arent paraller at all is it true? yes does it give anything GOOD to this thread? no
post #127 of 147
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

This is the 3rd time you brought up FC4 not working to your liking to make your point across. Whatever problem you had with FC4 on 290 in the past I am sure it has been fixed by now.

And Fury-X isn't bad on 1080P like you make it sound.

Here are benchmarks from 4 months ago on 1080P when reference Fury-X still had immature drivers compared to a aftermarket 980TI(Oc'ed)




the problem still persisted on 1.10.0 version of FC4 and 15.7 drivers (3570k 4.5GHz and 8 gigs of ram). I chose FC4 cause I don't feel like running a game on PS4 settings with a $300 GPU. And why are you picking on me for mentioning FC4 again, you're posting SoM again and some 3 year old game in addition to that. And once again I'm asking you not to try to convince me with benchmarks, I had a r9 290 for almost a year. Even FC3 struggled @1080p in some scenarios. AC4BF, Dying Light, TW3 to make the list more complete... I didnt experience it on Metro LL, that's 1 out of 5 I played during that year. If you're buying a $300 GPU you'd expect it to run fairly well in all games, not just some. I bought Project Cars and was completely unable to play it on r9 290 @1080p. But I guess it's a nvidia title so AMD don't have to do dick about it, just say the whole gaming world has turned against them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfathaaaaa View Post

it isnt? so if i turn physx on on any amd card i will suddenly have it working on the gpu or on the cpu? if i turn all of the gameworks feature on how many of them will be off loaded on the cpu because they are on a vendor id lock?rolleyes.gif
we all know for a fact what gw is doing the point wasnt that but you bait for some unknown reason...
yes i am an amd guy and i find it stupid to talk about perfomance on a nvidia game or talking about 720p as a fact of something..
same will go if i state that no nvidia card cant hash anything on litecoin because they arent paraller at all is it true? yes does it give anything GOOD to this thread? no
calling people referring to gameworks titles retarded cause amd can't handle it, that's probably very good for the thread.
Edited by Klocek001 - 10/5/15 at 9:02am
post #128 of 147
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the problem still persisted on 1.10.0 version of FC4 and 15.7 drivers (3570k 4.5GHz and 8 gigs of ram). I chose FC4 cause I don't feel like running a game on PS4 settings with a $300 GPU. And why are you picking on me for mentioning FC4 again, you're posting SoM again and some 3 year old game in addition to that. And once again I'm asking you not to try to convince me with benchmarks, I had a r9 290 for almost a year. Even FC3 struggled @1080p in some scenarios. AC4BF, Dying Light, TW3 to make the list more complete... I didnt experience it on Metro LL, that's 1 out of 5 I played during that year. If you're buying a $300 GPU you'd expect it to run fairly well in all games, not just some. I bought Project Cars and was completely unable to play it on r9 290 @1080p. But I guess it's a nvidia title so AMD don't have to do dick about it, just say the whole gaming world has turned against them.
calling people referring to gameworks titles retarded cause amd can't handle it, that's probably very good for the thread.

Sounds like a pebkac to me. Never had issues with any of those games on 1080P(idk about FC4, never bothered playing it), but I did play FC3 and never had issues. Upgraded to 1440P and don't have any issues running those games at MAX.
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

This is the 3rd time you brought up FC4 not working to your liking to make your point across. Whatever problem you had with FC4 on 290 in the past I am sure it has been fixed by now.

And Fury-X isn't bad on 1080P like you make it sound.

Here are benchmarks from 4 months ago on 1080P when reference Fury-X still had immature drivers compared to a aftermarket 980TI(Oc'ed)

I personally wouldn't buy Fury-X, I would rather buy 980TI, but come on man, Fury-X is not "crap".




Even on 1080p its quite strong. And those FPS increase on OC 980 Ti - 0 at 4k, and from 133 to 138. Big clocks that doesn't give much performance are useless. But those could be cherry-picked benches.
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

Upgraded to 1440P and don't have any issues running those games at MAX.
yeah, suuuure. you're running ac4bf, tw3,dl 1440p max (sorry, MAX) settings with no problems. afair I couldn't run them 1080p max settings. no one can. turn on hbao+ and view distance to max in dl, set the shadow map to highest. find a grassy area. you're at 40fps or worse.
Edited by Klocek001 - 10/5/15 at 9:34am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [WCCFTECH] Nano/Fury Vs. Titan-X Fable Legends DX12 Benchmark