Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCGH] GPU performance index 2015: 16 Radeon and Geforce models in benchmark comparison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGH] GPU performance index 2015: 16 Radeon and Geforce models in benchmark comparison - Page 12

post #111 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4eto View Post

There is price to pay if you are not smart enough to do your own research. And this is exactly 970 VRAM price, Assync Compute on the 9xx series, the TitanX crap price/performance and so on. Of course people with not smarts enough, tend to spend more money to get the same performance-wise GPU as the competitor.


"Of course people with not smarts enough" Yep.....
Watt Eater
(12 items)
 
Side Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930K ASUS Sabertooth X99 Titan X Pascal Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair ram 2666mhz 840 EVO Seagate Corsair H115i 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Win 7 64bit Razer Blackwidow OG Seasonic 1200 watt Platinum Phanteks Evolv ATX 
  hide details  
Reply
Watt Eater
(12 items)
 
Side Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930K ASUS Sabertooth X99 Titan X Pascal Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair ram 2666mhz 840 EVO Seagate Corsair H115i 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Win 7 64bit Razer Blackwidow OG Seasonic 1200 watt Platinum Phanteks Evolv ATX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

Overclocking kills cards without having to increase voltage? Lol

I would think overclocking with no Voltage has no effect in the typical life of the card. Overclocking with Voltage might have effect if the card is not constructed properly. Overclocking with high voltages will probably degrade the card. If you are Under Water probably no effect even with Voltage. Never had a card or CPU break from overclocking.

I have heard, and am currently experiencing, a CPU degrading. But this is running at at max recommended voltage (1.52v) with 5Ghz for 4+ years biggrin.gif
Edited by Alex132 - 10/20/15 at 11:28am
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

390X being $100 cheaper than 980 and still trading blows with it, who is ripping off who? wink.gif

Titan-X 1% more powerful than 980TI at $400 more pricepoint, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

Every AMD low-end to mid-end card outperforming or trading blows with more expensive NVIDIA cards, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

NVIDIA claims ASYNC support on the BOX, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

NVIDIA lies about 4 GB on 970, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

Don't let me get started with G-SYNC, LOL rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4eto View Post

There is price to pay if you are not smart enough to do your own research. And this is exactly 970 VRAM price, Assync Compute on the 9xx series, the TitanX crap price/performance and so on. Of course people with not smarts enough, tend to spend more money to get the same performance-wise GPU as the competitor.

You two are a pair. You both believe you are smarter than others because you bought AMD cards. Stop believing that about yourselves and you two will be a whole lot more useful on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

I would think overclocking with no Voltage has no effect in the typical life of the card. Overclocking with Voltage might have effect if the card is not constructed properly. Overclocking with high voltages will probably degrade the card. If you are Under Water probably no effect even with Voltage. Never had a card or CPU break from overclocking.

Same here. People who make the argument that overclocking kills cards all the time is just grasping at straws to support their argument.
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushpup View Post

"Of course people with not smarts enough" Yep.....
This post was 50% sarcasm, 50% showing that its a matter of viewpoint. Paying premium just for the name is never cool, its just you.
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4eto View Post

This post was 50% sarcasm, 50% showing that its a matter of viewpoint. Paying premium just for the name is never cool, its just you.

Please show me a single gpu offering that will perform on the level of my 980Ti Lightning at 1530/8.07Ghz on Air from Amd?

Sometimes a premium is due to have the best performance. Amd just can't seem to keep up.
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
Beast II
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k 5.0ghz  Coffee Lake "awaiting boards" Volta gpu 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Samsung Evo SSD Corsair H100i v2 SP120 RGB Fans Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit  Samsung UN40MU7000 4K HDR 
PowerCase
EVGA 750W SuperNova Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

390X being $100 cheaper than 980 and still trading blows with it, who is ripping off who? wink.gif
390X spewing out 2x as much heat and virtually cost nothing to manufacture since its a 290X rebrand, while GTX 980 cost money to engineer due to new vastly more efficient architecture. You get GameWorks and access to G-Sync. Oh I forgot that GTX 980 can overclock like a beast (while still being cool and draw little power) while 390X is maxed out and can`t do much more. So suddenly GTX 980 is worth those $100 and more...
Oh and you forgot that 390X cost $100 more than 290X despite only have 4GB more VRAM that does very little in terms of performance...Yeah who is ripping who off rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Titan-X 1% more powerful than 980TI at $400 more pricepoint, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif
What a silly thing to say. First of all Titan X was alone on the market for 3 months and those who bought it got the best and knew a cheaper card would appear soon due to earlier architectures from Nvidia.
Second, nobody is forcing anyone to buy Titan X at this point, 980Ti is available everywhere. Seriously dude.
Quote:
Every AMD low-end to mid-end card outperforming or trading blows with more expensive NVIDIA cards, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif
Nvidia have always been more expensive than AMD (except Fiji cards), so nobody really cares. Why not mention that all 3 Fiji cards are grossly overpriced vs similar performing Maxwell cards? Or dual 390 card perfoming exactly like GTX 970 SLI yet cost $150 more. Oh yeah, that was suppose to be a secret I guess. Sorry for bursting your bubble.
Quote:
NVIDIA claims ASYNC support on the BOX, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-will-fully-implement-async-compute-via-driver-support.html
Quote:
NVIDIA lies about 4 GB on 970, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif
Nvidia didnt lie at all. The card have 4GB VRAM. Go read and learn.
Quote:
Don't let me get started with G-SYNC, LOL rolleyes.gif
Yeah "hahahaha." Its just better than Freesync in various ways. Again go read tests, there are several of them saying G-sync is better. There is a reason why a PCB with a controller was required for the Nvidia solution. Hint: It does actual work...

You truly are stuck in your little AMD world. Try to get out and smell the fresh air and see the world from different angles.
Edited by iLeakStuff - 10/20/15 at 1:38pm
post #117 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post


You truly are stuck in your little AMD world. Try to get out and smell the fresh air and see the world from different angles.

You don't even know who I am.

Facts is fact's, which is what I outlined. No matter how many words you try defend NVIDIA, the underlying facts still stands.
Edited by ImJJames - 10/20/15 at 1:51pm
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770k @ 4.1Ghz  Asus z87-Plus XFX Double D r9 290X G Skill Sniper 8GB @ 2133 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 10 Pro 27 Inch 1440P PLS @ 110Hz Mechanical Keyboard MX Red Steelseries Kana 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Mouse pad Samson SR850 Headphones/Asus Xonar Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

You don't even know who I am.

Facts is fact's, which is what I outlined. No matter how many words you try defend NVIDIA, the underlying facts still stands.
The underlying facts being what exactly? That GTX 980 Ti and GTX Titan X are 1% marketshare GPUs and therefore can't be used in any comparison?
post #119 of 165
Well, sorry to rain on your parade but NVIDIA won't fully enable Async via a driver. You'll hear about it soon but I can't say more about it because I'm under a non-disclosure.

Maxwell 2 just doesn't support multi-engine over concurrent queues in DX12.

Sorry.

As for quoting Guru3D for the Async information... You do realize that the source for that information is overclock.net? That it was all part of a large thread in which I invited Ashes of the Singularity devs to come and discuss CPU and GPU optimizations? That perhaps I have access to far more information than I'm allowed to share and that perhaps my "predictions" are based on information which is "known" within the industry?

Some people have yet to clue-in as to how I've been able to make all of these accurate "predictions".

There is so much I'd like to say but can't.

So I'll just end this post with this tidbit... The GTX980 is overpriced going forward. Hint hint.

Peace.
Edited by Mahigan - 10/20/15 at 2:03pm
Kn0wledge
(20 items)
 
Pati3nce
(14 items)
 
Wisd0m
(10 items)
 
Reply
Kn0wledge
(20 items)
 
Pati3nce
(14 items)
 
Wisd0m
(10 items)
 
Reply
post #120 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

390X being $100 cheaper than 980 and still trading blows with it, who is ripping off who? wink.gif

Titan-X 1% more powerful than 980TI at $400 more pricepoint, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

Every AMD low-end to mid-end card outperforming or trading blows with more expensive NVIDIA cards, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

NVIDIA claims ASYNC support on the BOX, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

NVIDIA lies about 4 GB on 970, who is ripping off who? rolleyes.gif

Don't let me get started with G-SYNC, LOL rolleyes.gif

The only way the price argument makes sense is if you ignore reality and the market.

The gtx 980 is pricey but the difference is really only 70 dollars if you look at pricing at somewhere like newegg.

The cheapest gtx 980 is a strix card at 450. The cheapest 390x is 380 dollars. However the difference is basically all gtx 980s sold nowadays are overclocked models which are 10% faster then reference gtx 980s, which most 390x were reviewed against. Most 390x are clocked at 1050mhz because this clock is already high for a stock clocked card since it is more or less hawaii silicon. What this means is for $70, your getting a card 10% faster. Add in the game that's worth something, and the value proposition isn't that much different than AMDs.

If you want to use this ripping off argument, it's hypocritical if your argument is founded on dishonesty. Basically AMD entire line is a slab of rebrands with the 390 brand having a price increase vs their 290 breathen. Nvidia should charge some sort of premium over AMD counterparts because they have to recover the cost of their R and D. For basically the first time in history, AMD officially raised the prices from a previous chip with a slight overclock and some memory added. When rebrands occurred in the past, performance got better and costs when down. However with the 390x, the price of the cards went up more than 30% from 300 to 430 and performance went up 10%. That just isn't right when no money was spent on R and D.

AMD basically didn't need to spend any money on R and D because they just rebranded an entire series besides the Fury. Any tech enthusiast, engineer or involved with science realizes products dont come out of thin air and need money to Fund R and D.

Also the 970 series was blown out of proportion. A ripoff means over paying for something. For the value, it crushed everything at the time. For 330 dollars, it provided the performance of a 650 dollar card and had unheard of efficiency. To call it a ripoff is genuinely stupid because the price/performance crushed everything upon release. Sure the memory config is a little wonky but for the segment, which is primarily the 1080p crowd and mostly the 1440p crowd, the memory configuration doesn't make a difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCGH] GPU performance index 2015: 16 Radeon and Geforce models in benchmark comparison