Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › Need advice 4k gaming rig ! 2500-3000$ budget
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need advice 4k gaming rig ! 2500-3000$ budget - Page 7

post #61 of 71
Rep for the help fellas. I expect a stellar end rig for OP. cheers.gif
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 71
Thread Starter 
Yea i dont mind PSU really as long as it is a 1000W PSU that fully modular with corsair cables so i can swap them for these custom ones =D


Of course i hope the rig comes out awesome or i will be upset! Lastly when i drain the Swiftech cooler, can i just pour the liquid back in? Or Distilled water?
post #63 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor1030 View Post

Yea i dont mind PSU really as long as it is a 1000W PSU that fully modular with corsair cables so i can swap them for these custom ones =D

PSU is one of the more crucial parts of the build. Not all are built the same as we al know. http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies/0_30#user_1000-1700W
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 71
Thread Starter 
Yea i was going to use the Corsair RM series 1000, its on the list so i feel like its good?
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor1030 View Post

Yea i was going to use the Corsair RM series 1000, its on the list so i feel like its good?

The list is solid. You can research yourself ofc. Dont take my word for it. The members who contribute to it know their stuff though. This is OCN. smile.gif Not sure if i can find cheaper psu, but i'll let you know.

update: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX: $126
Edited by keikei - 10/17/15 at 10:47am
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 71
Thread Starter 
Looks I will be going after this build after all! I hope swapping the tubes in the h240x is not to difficult. Now everytime I look at my PC build its gonna have that terribad rap song black and yellow in my head
post #67 of 71
Thread Starter 
Problem just surfaced ... Wouldn't my CPU cooler absorb all the hot air that my 980ti aftermarket coolers will give off ?
post #68 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor1030 View Post

Problem just surfaced ... Wouldn't my CPU cooler absorb all the hot air that my 980ti aftermarket coolers will give off ?
yes, but aftermarket cooling is still a better idea. all you need is a fairly modern and decent case with 1x140mm rear exhaust + 2x140mm top exhaust to get rid of that excessive heat fairly well. reference coolers do not exhaust hot air into the case, but they're just plain awful as far as temp/noise levels.
post #69 of 71
Thread Starter 
Planned on using the Corsair 450D Case originally i wished i could use the 350D because i would like the rig to sit on my desk. But i was going to upgrade the front panel fans 2 140MM as well as swap the rear exhaust to a 120MM corsair AF fan hoping for better cooling? What do you think about 2 corsair fans on top of the swiftech radiator and 2 underneath it for push pull? Just to keep the case cooler as that would be pulling the air out if im not mistaken?

What is everyones opinion on the 980 ti Kingpin ? 74% ASIC? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487163&cm_re=kingpin-_-14-487-163-_-Product

Considering running 2 of them in SLI because of future goals to expand the swiftech cooler to loop GPU also... Thoughts?
post #70 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor1030 View Post

Planned on using the Corsair 450D Case originally i wished i could use the 350D because i would like the rig to sit on my desk. But i was going to upgrade the front panel fans 2 140MM as well as swap the rear exhaust to a 120MM corsair AF fan hoping for better cooling? What do you think about 2 corsair fans on top of the swiftech radiator and 2 underneath it for push pull? Just to keep the case cooler as that would be pulling the air out if im not mistaken?

What is everyones opinion on the 980 ti Kingpin ? 74% ASIC? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487163&cm_re=kingpin-_-14-487-163-_-Product

Considering running 2 of them in SLI because of future goals to expand the swiftech cooler to loop GPU also... Thoughts?
900 usd for 74% asic ? You gotta be crazy. First of all, asic don't mean a thing. I had a 73% asic 980 G1 which overclocked worse than 66% ones. Luck of the drawer. And I can't believe they're charging 900 usd for a 74% card. That's not even that good ! My 980ti has 83% asic and I paid around 600USD, I've seen people with 84% asic on 980ti. I wonder how much they're charing for those... 1200?
If you got the money I'd be wiser spent on EVGA Hybrid or MSI Sea Hawk, which come with CLCs than throw 250 bucks on a "binned" card with 74% asic. If people actually buy this then congrats to evga, you managed to sell a normal 980ti card for $900. Come on, for $900 they should give you at least a 100% asic one tongue.gif

Edited by Klocek001 - 10/18/15 at 11:18am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › Need advice 4k gaming rig ! 2500-3000$ budget