Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Will I be glad with Naos 7000 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will I be glad with Naos 7000 ?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Will i glad with Naos 7000 ? I'm using Rog Gladius for 2 months . And mine has some sensor issue i guess. Because it makes jumping in games with turnings. I tried ss qck Black Ops II edition and Hyperx Fury Medium with Gladius and still has same issue. So, if i will buy a Naos 7000, will i encounter the same issue? And what do you recommend about mouse pad with Naos 7000 or generally ? By the way My hands are 21cm length. İf there is a suggestion alternatively to Naos 7000 please tell me about it.


Sorry for bad language.

Edit: If you experienced about jumping, tell me how can i solve it ? Is the issue contacting with usb ports ? Actually i've tried 6 port on my case and same results both six ports.
Edited by b3gGladius - 10/17/15 at 6:07am
post #2 of 20
The gladius has a virtually perfect sensor. Before you spend money on another mouse, update the gladius firmware and software, and then move the surface calibration settings and lift-off distance.
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
i've tried all of those settings. actually i dont want another mouse because shape and looking of Gladius is so good for me.
post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 
I'm waiting for Naos 7000 owners
post #5 of 20
I'm not sure exactly how you mean "jumping"...do you mean 1) your character is physically jumping in the air when you move your mouse to turn in-game, or 2) the aim is jumping, as in skipping, when your move the mouse to turn due to the sensor momentarily not tracking properly?

If 1, then do you bind mouse scroll to jump? If so, the random jumps are probably due to the mouse wheel being slightly loose. So when you do a rapid enough movement, a loose mouse wheel can rattle with enough force that it actuates one click and causes a jump due to jump being bound to mouse scroll. If this is your problem, then unfortunately my Naos 7000 suffers from the same problem. It doesn't happen that often, but the one time it does in the middle of a fight in competitive, it's really frustrating.

If 2, then it's probably due to a faulty sensor or other component within the mouse, in which case you should be well within the warranty period to RMA it and get it fixed or get a replacement. If this is your problem, then obviously a new Naos 7000 wouldn't have the same issue. But if you like the shape of your Gladius and its performance before it started having sensor issues (if that is indeed the problem), then it would make more sense to just RMA the Gladius and wait for the replacement. If you just want to get a new mouse and not deal with it, then I would consider the sensor in the Naos 7000 to be a slight upgrade over the Gladius sensor. I've used mice with the same sensor as the Gladius, but I've never held or used an actual Gladius. The shape appears to be quite different from the Naos 7000, so that's something that may take some time to get used to.

As far as mousepad, QcK would be a fine choice to use with a Naos 7000. I'm currently using a QcK+ with my Naos 7000 and I'm pretty happy with it, though I did upgrade the mouse feet on my Naos to the Hotline Gaming mouse feet you can get on eBay for it. They are noticeably slicker than the stock feet, especially after a couple months of use, and I found the Naos 7000's glide to be a little too slow on cloth pads like a QcK before I upgraded the mouse feet.
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 20
Doesn't the gladius have some gimmicky 2000hz polling rate or something? Try 500 or 1000 Hz if you havn't tried that already.
post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsAndJezuz View Post

I'm not sure exactly how you mean "jumping"...do you mean 1) your character is physically jumping in the air when you move your mouse to turn in-game, or 2) the aim is jumping, as in skipping, when your move the mouse to turn due to the sensor momentarily not tracking properly?

If 1, then do you bind mouse scroll to jump? If so, the random jumps are probably due to the mouse wheel being slightly loose. So when you do a rapid enough movement, a loose mouse wheel can rattle with enough force that it actuates one click and causes a jump due to jump being bound to mouse scroll. If this is your problem, then unfortunately my Naos 7000 suffers from the same problem. It doesn't happen that often, but the one time it does in the middle of a fight in competitive, it's really frustrating.

If 2, then it's probably due to a faulty sensor or other component within the mouse, in which case you should be well within the warranty period to RMA it and get it fixed or get a replacement. If this is your problem, then obviously a new Naos 7000 wouldn't have the same issue. But if you like the shape of your Gladius and its performance before it started having sensor issues (if that is indeed the problem), then it would make more sense to just RMA the Gladius and wait for the replacement. If you just want to get a new mouse and not deal with it, then I would consider the sensor in the Naos 7000 to be a slight upgrade over the Gladius sensor. I've used mice with the same sensor as the Gladius, but I've never held or used an actual Gladius. The shape appears to be quite different from the Naos 7000, so that's something that may take some time to get used to.

As far as mousepad, QcK would be a fine choice to use with a Naos 7000. I'm currently using a QcK+ with my Naos 7000 and I'm pretty happy with it, though I did upgrade the mouse feet on my Naos to the Hotline Gaming mouse feet you can get on eBay for it. They are noticeably slicker than the stock feet, especially after a couple months of use, and I found the Naos 7000's glide to be a little too slow on cloth pads like a QcK before I upgraded the mouse feet.
I wanted to meant the 2nd one.You have answered all my questions with friendly attitude. Thanks very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hn View Post

Doesn't the gladius have some gimmicky 2000hz polling rate or something? Try 500 or 1000 Hz if you havn't tried that already.
I've tried all hz options and it couldn't help.
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3gGladius View Post

I wanted to meant the 2nd one.You have answered all my questions with friendly attitude. Thanks very much.

Glad I was able to answer your questions! So are you going to RMA the Gladius or get a Naos 7000, or both?
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsAndJezuz View Post

Glad I was able to answer your questions! So are you going to RMA the Gladius or get a Naos 7000, or both?
I will get a Naos 7000 with Qck+ or Heavy one. I will try Gladius with Qck and i will try Naos 7000.If Naos works well and Gladius still not, i will going to RMA the Gladius. If both are work well, i will keep both of them smile.gif And i hope, the problem has been because of pad which i'm using now.
post #10 of 20
I thought you said you've already tried it on two different pads? It is possible (but unlikely) that you spilled something on the pad that is altering the reflection of the sensor's light enough to cause your 'jumping'.

And I recommend QcK+ over QcK Heavy unless the surface that the pad will be sitting on is uneven or has imperfections. The QcK Heavy's thickness makes the glide speed much more variable, depending on how much weight you are pressing down on the mouse with. But for people who put very little weight/force downward on the mouse, QcK+ and QcK Heavy would perform comparably.

I hope you like the Naos. Report back after you've had it for a few days/weeks and let us know how you're getting along with it.
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
baby boy
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.9GHz - de-lidded  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1519MHz core, 4192... OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x2] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Lite-On DL-8A4SH 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Cooler Master Nepton 140XL (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140... Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra thermal compound Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modi... EVGA Supernova PS 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Fortress FT05B Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/... Logitech G640 3mm ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver) 
AudioAudioOtherOther
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ... Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD 
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Will I be glad with Naos 7000 ?