Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [reddit] Surface Book dGPU specfications leaked from NVIDIA Control Panel: 384 CUDA cores @ 954Hz & 40GB/s memory bandwidth (via 64-bit bus @ 5010MHz), on PCIe 3.0 x4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[reddit] Surface Book dGPU specfications leaked from NVIDIA Control Panel: 384 CUDA cores @ 954Hz & 40GB/s memory bandwidth (via 64-bit bus @ 5010MHz), on PCIe 3.0 x4 - Page 9

post #81 of 113
"
-13.5-inch PixelSense™ touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
-Windows 10 Pro operating system
-Incredibly mobile at 3.34 lbs (1516g)
-Surface Pen included

1499.00 USD 128GB / Core Intel i5 - 8GB Ships by 4-5 weeks
1699.00 USD 256GB / Core Intel i5 - 8GB Ships by 4-5 weeks
1899.00 USD 256GB / Core Intel i5 - 8GB / dGPU Ships by 6-7 weeks
2099.00 USD 256GB / Core Intel i7 - 8GB / dGPU Ships by 6-7 weeks
2699.00 USD 512GB / Core Intel i7 - 16GB / dGPU Ships by 6-7 weeks
3199.00 USD 1.00TB / Core Intel i7 - 16GB / dGPU Ships by 1/22/2016
"
It's only 1k for a 6700HQ / 256GB 850 Evo / 8GB / 950M 2GB GDDR3
6700HQ / 256GB 850 Evo / 8GB / 960M 2GB GDDR5
5700HQ / 240GB SSD / 12GB / 960M 2GB GDDR5
Edited by czin125 - 10/19/15 at 12:34pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 113
Is that 950m DDR3 version? The actual GDDR5 version are quite rare in comparison. Only 1 laptop had a 850m GDDR5.

They were also typically 15.6 laptops as well, isnt this a smaller form factor?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Comparing a hefty premium to a low end half price laptop, is the very best way to make a comparison. I guess that is your logic.
So I guess everyone should buy a 10,000$ desktop and laptop, because it is always better than a 1000$ desktop and laptop.

Such a failed logic always amazes me...

Also why does the surface book even compared to a rMBP 13 low end?
Why not compare it to a higher spec windows laptop? Or other laptop/tablet combos?

If you bring this type of comparison, than every comparison is 100% legit. If you can't handle it, why not we compare the surface book to an iPhone 4s? It must be faster, so it I must run now and replace my phone with a surface book right?

"such a failed logic"
Try reading what Im writing then perhaps you would understand the logic.

Let me know when Apple makes a notebook that is the size of the Surface book (13") and features the same hardware. Why are you whining about me comparing against a cheaper and low end Macbook 13"? Apple is unable to make a 13" notebook with similar hardware because the notebook lacks certain things like sufficienc cooling which Microsoft solved with water cooling. Apple only offer one with IGP crap and noisy fan. That was my whole point.

Then you come with your "amazing" logic and say people could just buy a 15" Macbook because it offer better value. Why stop there? Why not go with Clevo or MSI or Asus. Apple is overpriced crap anyway and the reason why you pay such premium is because you pay for their sheep broadcasting around the world to trick people that dont know better or to pay for the salary for the Apple Geniuses that doesnt know a thing about hardware.
post #84 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

"such a failed logic"
Try reading what Im writing then perhaps you would understand the logic.

Let me know when Apple makes a notebook that is the size of the Surface book (13") and features the same hardware. Why are you whining about me comparing against a cheaper and low end Macbook 13"? Apple is unable to make a 13" notebook with similar hardware because the notebook lacks certain things like sufficienc cooling which Microsoft solved with water cooling. Apple only offer one with IGP crap and noisy fan. That was my whole point.

Then you come with your "amazing" logic and say people could just buy a 15" Macbook because it offer better value. Why stop there? Why not go with Clevo or MSI or Asus. Apple is overpriced crap anyway and the reason why you pay such premium is because you pay for their sheep broadcasting around the world to trick people that dont know better or to pay for the salary for the Apple Geniuses that doesnt know a thing about hardware.

Right and every Apple user is an idiot (I bet most Mac users are smarter than you). I mean who can take you seriously when you post such garbage? Also did you fail to notice how Microsoft is comparing SB and rMBP's without mentioning the price difference? That was whole point of the comparison.
No name
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X @ 4.6GHz/1.17v Asus ROG Strix X299  MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3800MHz CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB  Samsung 850 EVO 1TB  Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
34" Asus Swift PG348Q G-Sync 3440x1440 @ 100Hz Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000x Corsair Carbide Series 600C 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum  Creative Sound Blaster Z Bose Companion 20 
  hide details  
Reply
No name
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X @ 4.6GHz/1.17v Asus ROG Strix X299  MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3800MHz CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB  Samsung 850 EVO 1TB  Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
34" Asus Swift PG348Q G-Sync 3440x1440 @ 100Hz Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000x Corsair Carbide Series 600C 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum  Creative Sound Blaster Z Bose Companion 20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Let me know when Apple makes a notebook that is the size of the Surface book (13") and features the same hardware. Why are you whining about me comparing against a cheaper and low end Macbook 13"? Apple is unable to make a 13" notebook with similar hardware because the notebook lacks certain things like sufficienc cooling which Microsoft solved with water cooling. Apple only offer one with IGP crap and noisy fan. That was my whole point.

Apple is not "unable" like you ignorantly stated.
Apple decided not to make a 13" with dGPU to keep battery life up. If apple wanted to make a 13" worth 3200$ laptop, and they saw a strong market to it, they would make it.
Instead, they made the 13" as an entry level laptop, cost less than half the surface book compared results. Half. You get that? Half the price. Not similar price, not similar market, not similar users. Half!
it is targeting students and people who need something cheap for the road. Not 3200$ laptop to not be able to game on it smoothly because it will be hot and eat the battery like it doesn't even exist.

For that comparison of similar usage and price, the rMBP 15 is the right one to compare. And there, the rMBP 15 will eat the surface book's behind.

The surface book will not break any market. it will sell a bit, but it is too expensive and tablet mode last too little to be an actual replacement to light inexpensive laptops, and tablet wise, the SP4 will be the winner (or the iPad pro, depends on compatibility of new software and marketing).

And when microsoft are comparing a 3200$ laptop to a 1200$ laptop, and you eat it ignorantly, that shows failed logic.
Edited by Defoler - 10/19/15 at 1:21pm
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post



Then you come with your "amazing" logic and say people could just buy a 15" Macbook because it offer better value. Why stop there? Why not go with Clevo or MSI or Asus. Apple is overpriced crap anyway and the reason why you pay such premium is because you pay for their sheep broadcasting around the world to trick people that dont know better or to pay for the salary for the Apple Geniuses that doesnt know a thing about hardware.


You are a "sheep" lol
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Apple is not "unable" like you ignorantly stated.
Apple decided not to make a 13" with dGPU to keep battery life up. If apple wanted to make a 13" worth 3200$ laptop, and they saw a strong market to it, they would make it.
Instead, they made the 13" as an entry level laptop, cost less than half the surface book compared results. Half. You get that? Half the price. Not similar price, not similar market, not similar users. Half!
it is targeting students and people who need something cheap for the road. Not 3200$ laptop to not be able to game on it smoothly because it will be hot and eat the battery like it doesn't even exist.

For that comparison of similar usage and price, the rMBP 15 is the right one to compare. And there, the rMBP 15 will eat the surface book's behind.

The surface book will not break any market. it will sell a bit, but it is too expensive and tablet mode last too little to be an actual replacement to light inexpensive laptops, and tablet wise, the SP4 will be the winner (or the iPad pro, depends on compatibility of new software and marketing).

And when microsoft are comparing a 3200$ laptop to a 1200$ laptop, and you eat it ignorantly, that shows failed logic.

Again with your failed logic, and you accuse others of having failed logic.

If you're going to argue about comparing comparable laptops, why don't you compare comparable laptops? The comparable Surface Book configuration to the rMBP 13 is the i5 without a discrete GPU. The rMBP 13 costs 1300 and 1500 for the i5 with 128gb and 256gb of storage respectively. The Surface Book costs 1500 for the 128gb and 1700 for the 256gb. Hardly half. Sure, the Iris Pro gives it a one up for the rMBP, but you've been arguing the entire time that these GPUs are entirely worthless for gaming, and desktop there's no practical difference, so I'll toss that right back at you. And the Surface Book gets a touchscreen, stylus, and tablet functionality, and not to mention a superior display, for $200 more. Not to mention the lowest dGPU version is 1900, with i5 and 256gb of storage, so you're paying $400 more for a touchscreen, stylus, tablet functionality, superior display, and a dGPU. NOT double the price.

Your argument is like comparing a Maximus ITX board vs a mid-range ATX board that are the same price. They aren't in the same market and thus can't be compared, even though they might be the same price. Likewise, the rMBP 15 can't be compared to the Surface Book. Simply put, Apple does not have a competitor to the Surface Book with the i7 dGPU configuration, it only has a competitor at the lower end configurations with the rMBP 13. It's not that hard to comprehend. Apple does not have a direct competitor to the Surface Book i7 dGPU configuration, with the closest model being the rMBP 13.
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 113
Thread Starter 
They're shipping, so we'll know performance numbers soon...
The 2013 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
--- SOLD --- --- SOLD ---  --- SOLD --- --- SOLD --- 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ASUS DRW-24B3ST (24X DVD burner) Noctua NH-U14S w/ NH-T1 TIM Windows 10 Pro (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE w/ Lightboost @ 120Hz Ducky Shine III (MX Brown w/ Red backlights) Kingwin LZP-1000 (1000W) PSU Corsair Carbide Air 540 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus (Precision Control model) - Sta... 
  hide details  
Reply
The 2013 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
--- SOLD --- --- SOLD ---  --- SOLD --- --- SOLD --- 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ASUS DRW-24B3ST (24X DVD burner) Noctua NH-U14S w/ NH-T1 TIM Windows 10 Pro (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE w/ Lightboost @ 120Hz Ducky Shine III (MX Brown w/ Red backlights) Kingwin LZP-1000 (1000W) PSU Corsair Carbide Air 540 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus (Precision Control model) - Sta... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 113
Quote:
I am shocked people complain about this. So, a fourth of the power of a desktop high end GPU

It's not a fourth of the power of a desktop high end GPU.

GM200 has 24 SMM. This thing has 3.

1/8'th.

Cut down the clock speeds for laptop and it's more like 1/12th.
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 113
Hey at least the 940M is almost as good as a desktop 550TI which was about the same performance as an 8800GT.

I guess it's got the processing power of a dual core desktop in 2015 and the graphics power of a desktop in 2007.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [reddit] Surface Book dGPU specfications leaked from NVIDIA Control Panel: 384 CUDA cores @ 954Hz & 40GB/s memory bandwidth (via 64-bit bus @ 5010MHz), on PCIe 3.0 x4