Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread - Page 172

post #1711 of 4837
Since getting my replacement panel i cant seem to find a profile im happy with, rolleyes.gif
post #1712 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mads1 View Post

Since getting my replacement panel i cant seem to find a profile im happy with, rolleyes.gif

Can't you borrow a calibration device from someone/somewhere? Even computer shops offer a service like that, though you must be aware of what you want to get - gamma 2.2.
post #1713 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellows View Post

Can't you borrow a calibration device from someone/somewhere? Even computer shops offer a service like that, though you must be aware of what you want to get - gamma 2.2.

I have tried but no luck.
post #1714 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellows View Post

Can't you borrow a calibration device from someone/somewhere? Even computer shops offer a service like that, though you must be aware of what you want to get - gamma 2.2.

Just wondering yellows, but what is your monitor settings for brightness/custom color?
post #1715 of 4837
Still love mine but a have a small list of cons to consider:

- Pixel Inversion (Vertical lines on fast moving objects) I HATE this.

- Coating is very grainy and makes me want to rub it off!! Glossy would have been AMAZING

- OSD buttons hard to push / locate

Other than this, its very nice and with SweetFX / Reshade, some of the games look amazing. I'm still using the profile from a user in this forum (sorry forgotten name)

I do see colour banding on some websites, mainly Netflix website and a couple of others but other than this, its about as good as TN gets, especially at this price point.

Overall, i'm happy but looking forward to some decent gaming IPS's in the future (i can dream can't i?)
Edited by Darylrese - 1/26/16 at 1:43am
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1716 of 4837
I don't believe g-sync is unstable at all, however your framerates in games generally are. I also doubt many people will align their eye level with the top edge instead of somewhere in the middle of the screen, despite potential color shift gains, and nor would I say it's necessary. I have calibrated my monitor painstakingly through the nVidia control panel, and have found through the use of the lagom.nl website that some shades of grey are not displayed normally on the screen (at least after gamma reduction) without reducing the contrast. However reducing contrast via the on screen menu, does not cause these missing shades to appear which is odd, only works if adjusting via nVidia. Im still deciding on the perfect settings, but I suggest people who have calibrated their monitor check the lagom.nl site for the black shades and also the white shades.
post #1717 of 4837
Do nvidia color settings work in all games in exclusive fullscreen? I know that ICC profiles don't.
post #1718 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegtro View Post

Just wondering yellows, but what is your monitor settings for brightness/custom color?

20 brightness, 74 contrast with 97/99/100 RGB.
post #1719 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightShadow View Post

I don't believe g-sync is unstable at all, however your framerates in games generally are. I also doubt many people will align their eye level with the top edge instead of somewhere in the middle of the screen, despite potential color shift gains, and nor would I say it's necessary. I have calibrated my monitor painstakingly through the nVidia control panel, and have found through the use of the lagom.nl website that some shades of grey are not displayed normally on the screen (at least after gamma reduction) without reducing the contrast. However reducing contrast via the on screen menu, does not cause these missing shades to appear which is odd, only works if adjusting via nVidia. Im still deciding on the perfect settings, but I suggest people who have calibrated their monitor check the lagom.nl site for the black shades and also the white shades.

G-SYNC is unstable, especially when using more than one G-SYNC monitor. I've experienced multiple hard freezes, blank screens on one screen that couldn't be fixed without disabling/enabling G-SYNC and so on. With one monitor it's generally fine, but has its quirks.

Which parts of lagom.nl are you referring to? I can see all the shades on the contrast section and all on black level and white saturation as well. Adjusting through nVidia panel is not really real calibration, but a cheap way to get close.
post #1720 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellows View Post

Yes, it's at 100 cd/m², I don't like bright monitors wink.gif I posted the profile back in this thread.

I saw you corrected your post but even still that 8s a high CR. What did you do differently in displaycal as using a lower white level doesn't give me that high a contrast ratio?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread