Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread - Page 262

post #2611 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

Keep us posted? I wish you luck and truly hope for the best you get a good one.

Will do. Am planning on getting a 1080 so I need a 1440p 144hz, this is my only choice. I'm not paying 600 or 800 for an asus or acer if their qc is terrible. Even if I need to get a replacement its a good deal for $450.
post #2612 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexpot View Post

My replacement was the whole monitor package as if it was retail. No accessory spared, plastic wrap everything. Sorry for late response. smile.gif

No problem. Interesting. When they assured me it would be brand new. I must have made sure 5-6 times I could not drive home or stress the point enough. Since I would then be locked in with Dell and could no longer get a refund through Best Buy. They mentioned I might just get the monitor by itself and be able to reuse the other stuff.

They better not be trying to pull a fast one on me. End up sending me a refurb. I even said I would prefer and like a all new boxed up direct replacement. The rep. apparently noted that as well. I was told it would be brand new coming from Dell.com directly. I am putting my trust into them.

Also when I provided the Best Buy invoice for proof of purchase. They could clearly see it was ordered on the 9th. I am well with in the 30 day replacement policy for a brand new unit. If its any thing else. I am going to blow a gasket. Literally!!!!!!! tongue.gif
post #2613 of 5169
^good luck my dude, you'll definitely be blessed with good karma with the work you put in for the community thumb.gif
post #2614 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

No problem. Interesting. When they assured me it would be brand new. I must have made sure 5-6 times I could not drive home or stress the point enough. Since I would then be locked in with Dell and could no longer get a refund through Best Buy. They mentioned I might just get the monitor by itself and be able to reuse the other stuff.

They better not be trying to pull a fast one on me. End up sending me a refurb. I even said I would prefer and like a all new boxed up direct replacement. The rep. apparently noted that as well. I was told it would be brand new coming from Dell.com directly. I am putting my trust into them.

Also when I provided the Best Buy invoice for proof of purchase. They could clearly see it was ordered on the 9th. I am well with in the 30 day replacement policy for a brand new unit. If its any thing else. I am going to blow a gasket. Literally!!!!!!! tongue.gif
Fiend, and I thought I was going too far. I see you posting in my thread on Dell's site.
So you did online chat first then you called them up? I still have mine connected and in use. I havent been on it in last 2 days but my wife assured me when she was on a website it did 5-6 flickers in under a minute.

So other then whining about HDCP support and a darker screen, its definitely got some issues.
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2615 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post

Fiend, and I thought I was going too far. I see you posting in my thread on Dell's site.
So you did online chat first then you called them up? I still have mine connected and in use. I havent been on it in last 2 days but my wife assured me when she was on a website it did 5-6 flickers in under a minute.

So other then whining about HDCP support and a darker screen, its definitely got some issues.

Hey! Yup that is me. Any ways. I called them up first and got no where. I was told to deal with Best Buy. On a whim. I figured I had nothing else to lose and went through chat. I explained on the Dell forum what happened. But, with you. It should be much easier. Since you have the monitor hooked up. They just insist on running the stupid diagnostic test first. I wish you the best. I would highly advise going through chat instead of calling. They wont help any ways when calling. Its very hard to understand them and you must remain extremely patient. The accents are heavy.
Edited by FattysGoneWild - 7/22/16 at 2:18pm
post #2616 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

Hey! Yup that is me. Any ways. I called them up first and got no where. I was told to deal with Best Buy. On a whim. I figured I had nothing else to lose and went through chat. I explained on the Dell forum what happened. But, with you. It should be much easier. Since you have the monitor hooked up. They just insist on running the stupid diagnostic test first. I wish you the best. I would highly advise going through chat instead of calling. They wont help any ways when calling. Its very hard to understand them and you must remain extremely patient. The accents are heavy.
Yea, the joys of outsourcing. Our company outsourced tier1 helpdesk to England and oddly I get many complaints people dont understand them.
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2617 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post

Yea, the joys of outsourcing. Our company outsourced tier1 helpdesk to England and oddly I get many complaints people dont understand them.

Let me know how it goes. Very curious how Dell handles this for you.
post #2618 of 5169
Anyone with an A03 revision mind testing something? Do a google search and hold middle click and scroll up and down the page to see how the overdrive behaves. Based on the review done by tftcentral there is quite a bit of overshoot with transitions on white/lighter colors. I'm wondering if they've tuned the overdrive a bit on the newer revision to help alleviate that issue. If they did then my only gripe would be its matte coating, but rumors suggest its a bit less aggressive on the newer revision too.
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2619 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

Anyone with an A03 revision mind testing something? Do a google search and hold middle click and scroll up and down the page to see how the overdrive behaves. Based on the review done by tftcentral there is quite a bit of overshoot with transitions on white/lighter colors. I'm wondering if they've tuned the overdrive a bit on the newer revision to help alleviate that issue. If they did then my only gripe would be its matte coating, but rumors suggest its a bit less aggressive on the newer revision too.

Nope. Zero improvements in that regard. I had 2 different A03's and that effect was very obvious. I could see how some people could not deal with it and send it right back for that reason. It was extremely noticeable. Matter of fact. I first noticed it right away on the forums here. It shows very clearly on this website.

The coating has been addressed. It was completely a non issue to me. I did not even notice it. So, its on extremely light.
Edited by FattysGoneWild - 7/22/16 at 11:27pm
post #2620 of 5169
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

Nope. Zero improvements in that regard. I had 2 different A03's and that effect was very obvious. I could see how some people could not deal with it and send it right back for that reason. It was extremely noticeable. Matter of fact. I first noticed it right away on the forums here. It shows very clearly on this website.

The coating has been addressed. It was completely a non issue to me. I did not even notice it. So, its on extremely light.

Hmmm guess i'll be avoiding it then. I recently swapped a VG248QE panel into my XB240H since i cracked that one, but before doing so i managed to take its matte coating off so now im rocking a glossy gsync monitor. Its only 24" 1080p of course, but it looks gorgeous glossy, and no nasty overshoot artifacts.
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread