Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread - Page 263

post #2621 of 5308
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

Question on your new replacement. Contacted Dell directly and they are sending me a brand new replacement. When you got the new replacement. Did they send out a whole brand new unit like retail box with all accessories etc? Or did they just send you a monitor by itself?
Sorry for the late reply. Been away. The replacement was a brand new sealed box with everything including cables, etc.
X99 System
(20 items)
 
Z170 System
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Alienware AW3418DW Ultraweide G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX Bose Companion 50 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus Sennheiser Game Zero Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G303 Realtek ALC1150 Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 System
(20 items)
 
Z170 System
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 2x TITAN Xp (3840 CUDA cores) SLI G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe 4x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Alienware AW3418DW Ultraweide G-Sync Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX1500i Lian Li PC-O9 WX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303 Corsair Vengeance MM600 ASUS SupremeFX Bose Companion 50 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus Sennheiser Game Zero Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB 1Gbps FTTH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Intel 730 Series SSD 480GB RAID-0 Seagate 2TB Corsair Hydro Series H115i Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
DELL S2716DG 144Hz G-Sync DELL U2414H Corsair AX1200i Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G303 Realtek ALC1150 Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2622 of 5308
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

Let me know how it goes. Very curious how Dell handles this for you.
I didnt get around to it on Friday and turns out they were closed Sat and Sunday.
So trying now and feels like pulling teeth. 2 mins to say hello, and then 2 more to say thank you. They must be juggling 5+ windows.
But they insisted I do the self test which was turn off pc and monitor, disconnect cables from pc then power on monitor, and something it shouldnt say Powersave.
Everything I did, instant power save. So they said they could call or i go back into chat as I suggested me turning off my PC would stop the chat.
now the site says theyre backed up.
Regardless I mentioned no diagnostics will remedy A01 and HDCP compliance, so I'm going through the motions and see what gives.

Edit: So i reconnected to same agent and confirmed it only ever went to power save mode. Also doing one last diag of the colors I did notice a smudge. like the size of a pencil eraser/small finger. Not a smudge as it was clearly brighter there. So i think they classified it as dead pixels even though not so much as. So I provided my receipt as they said the information I provided didnt match. then updated the info and said theyre shipping a replacement out. So as long as that pans out, then so far so good.
Edited by TheGlow - 7/25/16 at 4:35pm
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2623 of 5308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post

I didnt get around to it on Friday and turns out they were closed Sat and Sunday.
So trying now and feels like pulling teeth. 2 mins to say hello, and then 2 more to say thank you. They must be juggling 5+ windows.
But they insisted I do the self test which was turn off pc and monitor, disconnect cables from pc then power on monitor, and something it shouldnt say Powersave.
Everything I did, instant power save. So they said they could call or i go back into chat as I suggested me turning off my PC would stop the chat.
now the site says theyre backed up.
Regardless I mentioned no diagnostics will remedy A01 and HDCP compliance, so I'm going through the motions and see what gives.

Edit: So i reconnected to same agent and confirmed it only ever went to power save mode. Also doing one last diag of the colors I did notice a smudge. like the size of a pencil eraser/small finger. Not a smudge as it was clearly brighter there. So i think they classified it as dead pixels even though not so much as. So I provided my receipt as they said the information I provided didnt match. then updated the info and said theyre shipping a replacement out. So as long as that pans out, then so far so good.

I contacted chat today on status. Basically I was told 1-2 business days for a update through email. They are waiting for another department to review and verify my invoice I provided from Best Buy. I guess making sure all numbers match etc. I should be hearing something by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Since Friday and today has now been 2 business days. Now I did want to mention this. Just in case you run into a problem.

When going through all of this process from the start. When the rep. went to look up the model on Dell.com They could not find it. The "R" at the end of the model was throwing them off. They thought it was a refurbished unit from Best Buy. I corrected them real fast and said no way. I bought this thing brand new on sale from them and I believe the R stands for Retail. Not refurb. So, they promised me a new one. If they are blowing smoke at me and try to pull a fast one once I receive it.

And it ends up being a refurb. I will be beyond pissed. Because I even explained to them. I am trusting what they told me and they guaranteed me a new unit. Since I would not be able to make a return through Best Buy and get my money back. I am locked in with Dell now.
Edited by FattysGoneWild - 7/25/16 at 5:38pm
post #2624 of 5308
Can someone please confirm/deny that the coating is ligther on the newer revisions????
post #2625 of 5308
A quick update: I ended up returning mine because, even after every calibration I could think of including Nvidia's digital vibrance and custom profiles, I just couldn't stand the fact that it still looks markedly worse than my 5 year old, no-name, weathered and beaten IPS display. But if you've never had an IPS panel before and/or don't prioritize visual quality as highly as I do, then the Dell offers amazing value for the price and I recommend it.

As for me, I'll either have to shell out about $250-300 more on an Acer XB271 or make my next GPU upgrade AMD and opt for a cheaper Freesync monitor.
post #2626 of 5308
Quote:
Originally Posted by k155 View Post

A quick update: I ended up returning mine because, even after every calibration I could think of including Nvidia's digital vibrance and custom profiles, I just couldn't stand the fact that it still looks markedly worse than my 5 year old, no-name, weathered and beaten IPS display. But if you've never had an IPS panel before and/or don't prioritize visual quality as highly as I do, then the Dell offers amazing value for the price and I recommend it.

As for me, I'll either have to shell out about $250-300 more on an Acer XB271 or make my next GPU upgrade AMD and opt for a cheaper Freesync monitor.

It would have been a fine monitor if it used a very light matte coating or was just glossy/semi gloss as well as having a better overdrive implementation that didnt produce obvious overshoot. I dont have the monitor anymore either as i wasn't happy with those problems, but i recently fixed by XB240H by replacing its cracked panel with one i took out of a VG248QE. Before replacing it i took the matte film off and on first boot up i was very happy with the results.

I bet if i put the Dell side by side with this monitor now the Dell would lose horribly in clarity and image quality because of how much better glossy makes things look. The only thing better on the dell would be its 1440p resolution. I will say its been a little painful going from an XB321HK down to a small 1080p monitor, but i've already mostly adjusted. My next real upgrade will have to be a 40" 4k 120hz with gsync/freesync and preferably a VA panel if OLED is out of the question, as i cannot stand IPS glow. Theres already a monitor that comes close to what i'm looking for but its only 60hz and i'd really rather avoid that lower refresh rate. I know it's going to be hard to run 120fps 4k, but it won't be the case for long as we already have single gpu solutions that can comfortably run 4k 60fps on high settings.
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2627 of 5308
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

I contacted chat today on status. Basically I was told 1-2 business days for a update through email. They are waiting for another department to review and verify my invoice I provided from Best Buy. I guess making sure all numbers match etc. I should be hearing something by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Since Friday and today has now been 2 business days. Now I did want to mention this. Just in case you run into a problem.

When going through all of this process from the start. When the rep. went to look up the model on Dell.com They could not find it. The "R" at the end of the model was throwing them off. They thought it was a refurbished unit from Best Buy. I corrected them real fast and said no way. I bought this thing brand new on sale from them and I believe the R stands for Retail. Not refurb. So, they promised me a new one. If they are blowing smoke at me and try to pull a fast one once I receive it.

And it ends up being a refurb. I will be beyond pissed. Because I even explained to them. I am trusting what they told me and they guaranteed me a new unit. Since I would not be able to make a return through Best Buy and get my money back. I am locked in with Dell now.
Yea, this tech told me a new one would be shipped out, 1-2 business days.
Afterwards I realized I wasnt asked for credit card info so not sure if theyd send a new one first as no guarantee Ill send the old one back.
Now a day in no update to the status. Now you mention 1-2 days for an update, not even the product.
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2628 of 5308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post

Yea, this tech told me a new one would be shipped out, 1-2 business days.
Afterwards I realized I wasnt asked for credit card info so not sure if theyd send a new one first as no guarantee Ill send the old one back.
Now a day in no update to the status. Now you mention 1-2 days for an update, not even the product.

The warranty comes with an advanced replacement guarantee. They will never ask for a credit card and ship the replacement first. Once received. They provide a shipping label included with in the replacement and you put the bad one back in the same box. Then send it out. You can check for updates here as well. http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/19/SrSearch

Mine all says open and in progress still. Seems like a slow process to be honest. Upon the rep. verifying all information. I think it should be shipped on the next day or following day at the latest. This is day 3 going on 4 just to get it "approved" from the next department on up in the chain.

I am not saying you will. But, if you choose not to send it back and keep it. They will note it and never honor a Dell monitor warranty for you again most likely. They definitely want the bad one back and trusting you will send it back. But, I know some shady people out there probably don't. I could see eventually Dell changing the policy because of that one of these days.
Edited by FattysGoneWild - 7/26/16 at 1:29pm
post #2629 of 5308
Hello

I am thinking of buying the dell,but I am currently using a full hd lg ips monitor (ips277l).

My main concern is about the colours,as I am used to the ips and unfortunately all ips gsync monitors have problems.

So will I get used to it?Is it ok after calibration in comparison to an ips panel?worriedsmiley.gif
post #2630 of 5308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperXGr View Post

Hello

I am thinking of buying the dell,but I am currently using a full hd lg ips monitor (ips277l).

My main concern is about the colours,as I am used to the ips and unfortunately all ips gsync monitors have problems.

So will I get used to it?Is it ok after calibration in comparison to an ips panel?worriedsmiley.gif


I am fairly certain that you will notice a difference, but only you can be the judge of whether the difference is decisive. All i can say is that I tried every calibration I could think of, and it still looked washed out in comparison to my old IPS. What's your budget? If you're willing to spend $200-250 more, I would recommend the XB271 or XB2710; if you lose the quality control lottery, you can always RMA it until you get an acceptable model.

PS. if you do opt for the Dell, make sure to crank Nvidia Digital Vibrance up to 65-70%.
Edited by k155 - 7/26/16 at 5:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread