Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread - Page 273

post #2721 of 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

I dont see a reason to not run in windowed borderless either since gsync works like that still and it makes alt tabbing a snap instead of delayed with fullscreened games.

That's a great idea, I should've used that since the beginning since. It fixes the flickering issues I had with fullscreen and the profile ICC sticks around.
post #2722 of 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al plants Corn View Post

Decided to buy from amazon. Closest best buy is 45 miles!

Thanks for the input guys hope I like it!

Cool. Let us know how it goes. Hope you like it. thumb.gif
post #2723 of 5309
Will do. Excited to try a high refresh screen for once.
Maximus Decimus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI GTX 670 PE G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SpinPoint F3 1TB Crucial M4 256GB Samsung w/ Lightscribe Corsair H100 w/ 2x AP-15s 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung UN55D8000 Dell u2412m Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX650 Corsair 500R CM Storm Sentinel Advance II 
  hide details  
Reply
Maximus Decimus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI GTX 670 PE G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SpinPoint F3 1TB Crucial M4 256GB Samsung w/ Lightscribe Corsair H100 w/ 2x AP-15s 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung UN55D8000 Dell u2412m Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX650 Corsair 500R CM Storm Sentinel Advance II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2724 of 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al plants Corn View Post

Will do. Excited to try a high refresh screen for once.

I am not trying to be the bear of bad news. Just your sig caught my eye. I noticed you are running a 670. That card is not going to run 1440p well at all with that new monitor. You will need a 980Ti, 1070 or 1080 to drive it. Along with the cpu having a heavy overclock. Even then. I think that cpu is going to struggle as well with these newer and more demanding games. Its only going to get worse next year.
Edited by FattysGoneWild - 8/3/16 at 10:37pm
post #2725 of 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

Running games in windowed borderless is a 99% chance that a game will not override the icc profile you have enabled. Just to be on the safer side you can use something like color sustainer and it will force the color profile repeatedly if anything tries to disable it.

I dont see a reason to not run in windowed borderless either since gsync works like that still and it makes alt tabbing a snap instead of delayed with fullscreened games.
Will G-sync remove the effect from borderless fullscreen, that 60fps looks/feels like 40fps?
post #2726 of 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

Running games in windowed borderless is a 99% chance that a game will not override the icc profile you have enabled. Just to be on the safer side you can use something like color sustainer and it will force the color profile repeatedly if anything tries to disable it.

I dont see a reason to not run in windowed borderless either since gsync works like that still and it makes alt tabbing a snap instead of delayed with fullscreened games.
Everything I've read says Borderless window will force the OS Vsync to be on and cause some input delay.
As for the delay with alt-tabbing from full screen, I never really narrowed down the culprit. I've had games where full screen its still fairly quick, and others there would be a half second to 1 second black screen. I thought it was video card, but since this monitor it's much faster. I think each plays a part there.
So for now I have no real delay alt-tabbing around Overwatch.
Sadly Overwatch has a insanely low server tick rate so it's very hard to narrow down to input lag vs server lag on whether or not you used a move in time.
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
Nothing fancy
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 6600K Z170 PRO GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB G.Skill DDR4-2133 8GB Samsung 840 250GB Seagate 2TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On iHAS124 DVD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - 2013 Cherry MX Blue Antec 700w CM HAF 912 Razer Naga 2014 
Mouse Pad
Corsair MM300 Extended 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2727 of 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

I am not trying to be the bear of bad news. Just your sig caught my eye. I noticed you are running a 670. That card is not going to run 1440p well at all with that new monitor. You will need a 980Ti, 1070 or 1080 to drive it. Along with the cpu having a heavy overclock. Even then. I think that cpu is going to struggle as well with these newer and more demanding games. Its only going to get worse next year.
Oh ya I'm well aware of that. Havent been into pc gaming for years so basically going to see if I like this monitor and then decide to get a new gpu. Didn't really want to spend a bunch of money on new stuff if wasn't happy with it.
Maximus Decimus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI GTX 670 PE G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SpinPoint F3 1TB Crucial M4 256GB Samsung w/ Lightscribe Corsair H100 w/ 2x AP-15s 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung UN55D8000 Dell u2412m Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX650 Corsair 500R CM Storm Sentinel Advance II 
  hide details  
Reply
Maximus Decimus
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI GTX 670 PE G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SpinPoint F3 1TB Crucial M4 256GB Samsung w/ Lightscribe Corsair H100 w/ 2x AP-15s 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung UN55D8000 Dell u2412m Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX650 Corsair 500R CM Storm Sentinel Advance II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2728 of 5309
I cant win. Never in my life have I got 3 things in a row bad. This brand new one has what looks to be side butt cheeks in the middle of the screen. Perfectly round/oval shape with side cheeks. It shows among light, dark gray and all black images. I ran the built in Dell monitor diagnostic tool. It clearly shows on the gray and black screens. At this point. Its comical. All I can do is laugh from not blowing a complete fuse. rolleyes.gif 3 bad ones in a row. How in the hell does that even happen? A refresh. At this point. They are no better then the horrible Asus/Acer QC issues.

1. A03 May 2016 build developed a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen.
2. A03 May 2016 build dirt/smudge physically underneath the screen.
3. A03 June 2016 build see above post also had a good amount of backlight bleed on the bottom right

So back to Dell. I am done and done going through Best Buy. Not the fault of them. But, this last time. I drove 60 miles that includes to and from the closest Best Buy from me. Dell put in a brand new replacement request today. Now I wait to receive that one from them. The saga continues.
post #2729 of 5309
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

I cant win. Never in my life have I got 3 things in a row bad. This brand new one has what looks to be side butt cheeks in the middle of the screen. Perfectly round/oval shape with side cheeks. It shows among light, dark gray and all black images. I ran the built in Dell monitor diagnostic tool. It clearly shows on the gray and black screens. At this point. Its comical. All I can do is laugh from not blowing a complete fuse. rolleyes.gif 3 bad ones in a row. How in the hell does that even happen? A refresh. At this point. They are no better then the horrible Asus/Acer QC issues.

1. A03 May 2016 build developed a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen.
2. A03 May 2016 build dirt/smudge physically underneath the screen.
3. A03 June 2016 build see above post also had a good amount of backlight bleed on the bottom right

So back to Dell. I am done and done going through Best Buy. Not the fault of them. But, this last time. I drove 60 miles that includes to and from the closest Best Buy from me. Dell put in a brand new replacement request today. Now I wait to receive that one from them. The saga continues.

I know exactly what you mean by that defect, the PG278Q i had at launch had the same problem and i've seen it on this Dell too, sad times.
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2730 of 5309
After setting it all up in chat once again with Dell. What do I get? An email saying they are still having trouble with their ordering tool. Apparently the monitor department. By all that is holly. You cant make this stuff up. Starting to think its just not meant for me to own this thing and its cursed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread