Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread - Page 284

post #2831 of 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozart View Post

Thinking about purchasing one of these, Amazon has them new for $500. Over reading a few pages from this thread it seems like the newer model, REV A03, fixed some of the issues with the monitor. Is there any way to see which ones Amazon is selling?

Mine is A03, produced in May 16. The one I had before was A01 and I had to send back because of 3-5 big problems.
Edited by dx234 - 8/18/16 at 8:38am
post #2832 of 5324
I searched more info about the shadow / dark spots effect and found this advice:
I haven't tried this yet but if it works that would be an easy way to resolve these issues with the shadowed areas.
post #2833 of 5324
A03's are complete garbage. Hope and pray you get a A02 revision at the minimum. Still waiting on my 5th brand new replacement. The other faulty 4 was all A03 revisions.
post #2834 of 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

A03's are complete garbage. Hope and pray you get a A02 revision at the minimum. Still waiting on my 5th brand new replacement. The other faulty 4 was all A03 revisions.

So the A00 and A01 have the heavy AG coating, and HDCP Bug, the A02 Has lighter AG and no HDCP Bug....
How do you come to the conclusion that the latest Rev A03 is garbage if they have the same AG coating as the A02 and no HDCP bug?
post #2835 of 5324
I don't have the original box to check my revision, but it was manufactured in Feb 2016. I'm guessing that's an A02?
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2836 of 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcasst View Post

I don't have the original box to check my revision, but it was manufactured in Feb 2016. I'm guessing that's an A02?

You can verify the rev next to the serial in the back of the monitor, pretty hard to read but its there.
post #2837 of 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd 3D View Post

You can verify the rev next to the serial in the back of the monitor, pretty hard to read but its there.

Aha, thanks. It's an A02. I got it as a replacement from an A00.

I'm currently using the ICC from TFTCentral. Does it work equally as well on both revisions? Or do they have different colours?
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2838 of 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd 3D View Post

So the A00 and A01 have the heavy AG coating, and HDCP Bug, the A02 Has lighter AG and no HDCP Bug....
How do you come to the conclusion that the latest Rev A03 is garbage if they have the same AG coating as the A02 and no HDCP bug?

I guess you missed the part having 4 A03's bad ones in a row? Sounds like hot garbage to me. I am holding my breath for this 5th new replacement coming. Something is going on with the QC and this newer revision. Its impossible to get 4 bad ones in a row. But, its happened to me. This reminds me of the Xbox 360 all over again when those came out.
Edited by FattysGoneWild - 8/18/16 at 12:36pm
post #2839 of 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

I guess you missed the part having 4 A03's bad ones in a row? Sounds like hot garbage to me. I am holding my breath for this 5th new replacement coming. Something is going on with the QC and this newer revision. Its impossible to get 4 bad ones in a row. But, its happened to me. This reminds me of the Xbox 360 all over again when those came out.

What was the problem with all 4 A03s?
post #2840 of 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd 3D View Post

What was the problem with all 4 A03s?

1. Dead pixel right in the middle of the screen.
2. Dirt/smudge physically underneath the screen. Top right corner.
3. Developed side butt cheeks
4. 2 dead pixels off to left side heading towards the middle. Also developed side butt cheeks.
5. Pending and have not received yet from Dell

This last time Dell wanted pictures and I was happy to provide. They seen the issue and approved another brand new replacement. They are having major QC issues with this particular model and A03 revision.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread