Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread - Page 425

post #4241 of 4378
Does anybody know what revisions Best Buy in the US carries? There are a few stores around where I live and I'm thinking about picking one up to try and test. A03 and A04 im assuming are the best versions?
post #4242 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsBee View Post

Does anybody know what revisions Best Buy in the US carries? There are a few stores around where I live and I'm thinking about picking one up to try and test. A03 and A04 im assuming are the best versions?

don't know, but the best rev is rev pg278q biggrin.gif
post #4243 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsBee View Post

Does anybody know what revisions Best Buy in the US carries? There are a few stores around where I live and I'm thinking about picking one up to try and test. A03 and A04 im assuming are the best versions?
I got mine from best buy and they all were A04.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asrock taichi x99 MSI 1080ti FE w/ Hybrid Cooling 32gb crucial ddr4 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
950 pro  SAMSUNG SM843 sandisk 480 4tb western digital 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110 windows 10 x64 Dell S2716DG  samsung 28inch 4k 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair k70 rgb corsair ax1200i nzxt h440 Steelseries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asrock taichi x99 MSI 1080ti FE w/ Hybrid Cooling 32gb crucial ddr4 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
950 pro  SAMSUNG SM843 sandisk 480 4tb western digital 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110 windows 10 x64 Dell S2716DG  samsung 28inch 4k 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair k70 rgb corsair ax1200i nzxt h440 Steelseries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4244 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biecher View Post


don't know, but the best rev is rev pg278q biggrin.gif

 

And what made you say that?

post #4245 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

And what made you say that?

I got one last week and it had horrible banding no matter what settings I tried. I even tried different PCs and a mac.

edit: I really wish this was not an issue with the monitor, because I liked the overall style und panel coating. ( and the price) biggrin.gif
post #4246 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biecher View Post


I got one last week and it had horrible banding no matter what settings I tried. I even tried different PCs and a mac.

edit: I really wish this was not an issue with the monitor, because I liked the overall style und panel coating. ( and the price) biggrin.gif

 

So then you went with the ASUS and got a near-perfect monitor? I'm also in the same boat of choosing between a good 1440p 27" GSYNC TN monitor which is why I'm asking ;)

post #4247 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

So then you went with the ASUS and got a near-perfect monitor? I'm also in the same boat of choosing between a good 1440p 27" GSYNC TN monitor which is why I'm asking wink.gif

No, haven't ordered it yet because I'm not at home for a week. I haven't seen as many people complaining about banding, so I hope it's better than the dell.
But I will probably order the PG279Q too. Price difference is not too big and I think I'm more of a ips person.
post #4248 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biecher View Post


No, haven't ordered it yet because I'm not at home for a week. I haven't seen as many people complaining about banding, so I hope it's better than the dell.
But I will probably order the PG279Q too. Price difference is not too big and I think I'm more of a ips person.

 

Yeah but there are A LOT of QA issues with the ASUS.

post #4249 of 4378
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Yeah but there are A LOT of QA issues with the ASUS.

but there is at least a chance to get a good one.
post #4250 of 4378
Banding depends on panel developer. Dell ans Asus use the same panel, so banding will be in both monitors.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread