Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread - Page 484

post #4831 of 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalik View Post

Have you called Dell?

I have. However, Dell wants to ship out a replacement monitor. I also have a 4 year warranty with the retailer I purchased the display from. It was only 30 dollars. The benefit is not having to ship screens, wait times, and shipping costs. I can just bring the display to the retailer, and get a new one. The only reason I haven't done this yet is because there seems to be other people with the same issue. I don't know if it's a function of the display , meaning, is this just what happens when you have 144hz , fast response time displays? I don't know. That's why I'm asking other people who have the same monitor. There seems to be a lot of people in the owners club section of these threads who don't actually own the display though. I'd also like to add , while researching this phenomenon I found dozens of threads from people who own the 144hz ROG Swift display who also notice the same problem I am. This is what leads me to believe it's common among all S2716DG displays. Some people are probably more or less sensitive to it than others. As well as the fact that some colors emphasize the problem, while other colors hide it.
Edited by ShadyBrady - 9/22/17 at 6:19pm
post #4832 of 5301
Did anyone order Dell S2716DG from Dell recently?

I just ordered my monitor on Wednesday and they haven't ship it yet after 24 hours.

I'm curious how long they usually ship monitors
post #4833 of 5301
Update: i downloaded MadVR (it is high quality DirectShow video renderer.) connected it with the player PotPlayer and forced in MadVR settings 6 bit colors and dithering. Now videos from youtube and dark videos look sooo much better. If someone interesting, i can make photos with settings.
post #4834 of 5301
Anyone tested their Alienware AW2518H monitor?
it's also TN but 24.5", 240hz and 1080p, so it uses a different panel. Wonder what gamma/banding is like. Anyone tried those monitors? Did dell finally includes gamma setting?
Banana smooth
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k Asrock P67 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 6gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1333mhz 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD Plextor 128gb M5S Seagate Firecuda Macho 120 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
AOC AG251FG Evga G2 550W Fractal Define C Logitech G400 
AudioAudioAudio
Fiio E10K Mackie CR3 Koss Porta Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Banana smooth
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k Asrock P67 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 6gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1333mhz 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD Plextor 128gb M5S Seagate Firecuda Macho 120 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
AOC AG251FG Evga G2 550W Fractal Define C Logitech G400 
AudioAudioAudio
Fiio E10K Mackie CR3 Koss Porta Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4835 of 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechDragon View Post

Update: i downloaded MadVR (it is high quality DirectShow video renderer.) connected it with the player PotPlayer and forced in MadVR settings 6 bit colors and dithering. Now videos from youtube and dark videos look sooo much better. If someone interesting, i can make photos with settings.

Please show your settings biggrin.gif
post #4836 of 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise24 View Post

Please show your settings biggrin.gif
1. Install PotPlayer (or another player that supports madVR, but I prefer PotPlayer, because it can play any youtube video and any videos in any websites (need browser addon for it)
2. Make sure you do not use Banding Remove (or something similar) in Player, because we will use it in madVR.
3. Download madVR from http://madvr.com/ , extarct it (i extracted in ProgramFiles) and run as Administrator install.bat.
4. Open PotPlayer and click the right mouse button on it and choose Video -> Video Processing Settings.

5. Video Renderer - choose Madshi Video Renderer.

6. Press ...

7. Press Edit Settings and make settings as in my pictures




8. Press Apply.
I think it looks good. We can watch movies and bad quality videos.
Please write your opinion about the results.
Perhaps with the help of other settings we can more improve the image in the videos (not only the banding, but the quality in general), but I've been fiddling with this for a long time and I'm tired of it.rolleyes.gif
post #4837 of 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechDragon View Post

1. Install PotPlayer (or another player that supports madVR, but I prefer PotPlayer, because it can play any youtube video and any videos in any websites (need browser addon for it)
2. Make sure you do not use Banding Remove (or something similar) in Player, because we will use it in madVR.
3. Download madVR from http://madvr.com/ , extarct it (i extracted in ProgramFiles) and run as Administrator install.bat.
4. Open PotPlayer and click the right mouse button on it and choose Video -> Video Processing Settings.

5. Video Renderer - choose Madshi Video Renderer.

6. Press ...

7. Press Edit Settings and make settings as in my pictures




8. Press Apply.
I think it looks good. We can watch movies and bad quality videos.
Please write your opinion about the results.
Perhaps with the help of other settings we can more improve the image in the videos (not only the banding, but the quality in general), but I've been fiddling with this for a long time and I'm tired of it.rolleyes.gif

Are you providing tutorials on how to adjust settings of the S2716DG? If so why does it say ACERXB271HU? And if it's the Acer, why are you posting that stuff on this thread? It's not the same display. I couldn't care less if it's using the same panel. Unless you've tested this with an S2716DG I'm not entirely sure why this is being left on this thread.
post #4838 of 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyBrady View Post

Are you providing tutorials on how to adjust settings of the S2716DG? If so why does it say ACERXB271HU? And if it's the Acer, why are you posting that stuff on this thread? It's not the same display. I couldn't care less if it's using the same panel. Unless you've tested this with an S2716DG I'm not entirely sure why this is being left on this thread.
Because ACERXB271HUA and S2716DG use one and the same panel and have the same problems with gradients.
post #4839 of 5301
First of all, thanks for providing the settings you used for madVR. They actually do help with banding quite a bit. I had to disable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode, but besides that everything is working fine (it caused a problem where my screen would go black whenever I went fullscreen). One question: why do you have the settings set to 6 bit color depth? Shouldn't it be 8 bit color depth since that's what your monitor is capable of? Side question: how can I play other websites on Potplayer? (twitch, amazon video, etc.)
post #4840 of 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyDanMan View Post

First of all, thanks for providing the settings you used for madVR. They actually do help with banding quite a bit. I had to disable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode, but besides that everything is working fine (it caused a problem where my screen would go black whenever I went fullscreen). One question: why do you have the settings set to 6 bit color depth? Shouldn't it be 8 bit color depth since that's what your monitor is capable of? Side question: how can I play other websites on Potplayer? (twitch, amazon video, etc.)
As it seemed to me, if you put 6 or 7 bits, then banding is less than at 8. And in the manuals it was written better to set the number of bits that the monitor nativly supports (we do not have real 8, but 6 + FRC). Also in the manual it was written that if the monitor already has its dithering (we have because of FRC), then it's better to put 7 bits, I did so, but I do not see the difference between 6 and 7. The dark screen you have, due to a delay of 3 seconds before inclusion of an exclusive screen. I just removed the delay in the settings, and left the exclusive screen, probably with it should be better.
Here's the guide on settings https://imouto.my/tutorials/madvr/
To watch videos from other sites, I use the extension for the browser Flash Video Downloader (FVD). When you turn on the video in the browser, you can click on the extension icon from the top and you will be prompted to download the video, move mouse over the desired option and the "Copy to clipboard" button will appear. Click it.


Next, you open the player, you press the right mouse button choose open -> open url and paste the link.



This works with twitch, but it does not work that way to extract the link for broadcasts with 60 fps. For this, I use the service https://pwn.sh/tools/getstream.html. You insert a link of broadcast and get links to all the qualities videos, copy necessary and also insert it into the player. For Youtube you can use extension in Browser for PotPlayer. It add button below video, so can open it with 1 click.
Edited by MechDragon - 9/25/17 at 2:12pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread